Starcraft: Mass Recall
Starcraft & Brood War Campaign Remake
The Legacy (of the Void) Edition of the Starcraft and Brood War campaigns remake. Mass Recall contains 68 maps, 59 from the original Brood War game, 3 that were hidden or deleted on various Starcraft supports, and 6 from the 1998 demo campaign.
This mod can be used with any Starcraft 2 version, including the free Starter edition.
Do not hesitate to leave feedback or suggestions in the comments below.
September 29th 2016
SCMR version 6.1 and a Retro addon now available! Change log on the download pages.
To update from version 6.0, you can simply replace the files with new ones. Your campaign data and options will not be affected. Mission saves created with previous versions will not work.
August 30th 2016
SCMR Legacy Edition is live.
Downloads - version 6.1.1
- SCMRmod (REQUIRED)
- SCMR Map Pack 1/2 (REQUIRED)
- SCMR Map Pack 2/2 (Required to play episodes 4-6 and extras)
- Retro addon for SCMRmod (optional)
- SCMR Cinema addon v6.0 to 6.1 patch update for the cinema addon, contains a new Campaign Launcher and Cinema Player
- SCMRlocal (English) (REQUIRED)
- Cinema Addon (French) (optional)
- SCMRlocal (German) (REQUIRED)
- torrent for the cinema addon (German) (optional)
- SCMR Cinema addon v6.0 to 6.1.1 patch (German) update for the cinema addon, contains a new Campaign Launcher and Cinema Player
- SCMR (Russian) (Torrent-hosted) Contains different combinations of english and russian audio/text.
For the torrent downloads, you will need a bittorrent client - if you don't have one, µTorrent is a decent one and quick to install (google "utorrent").
I would like to ask you good people to seed the files after your download is complete, for at least a little while, if at all possible. Thanks.
If you've played previous versions of Mass Recall, for a clean install it is recommended you delete any previous Mass Recall-related folders or zip archives from your Starcraft 2 root install directory, and delete or rename the SCMR.SC2Bank file in (Documents)/Starcraft II/Banks
For older versions of the mod, see the "Files" section.
How to Play
Auto install using the SCMR installer
- place the installer and all downloaded zip archives to your Starcraft 2 install directory (the same folder where your Starcraft 2.exe is located)
- run the installer
- use the Mass Recall shortcut created on your desktop to start the game
Auto install video guide by DeltronLive
If you wish to play while logged on to battle.net, you will need to take the following steps:
- Launch Starcraft II using the battle.net launcher
- Alt-tab to desktop
- Launch Starcraft Mass Recall using the created shortcut
If this method does not work for you on Mac, you will still need to manually install the mod (see "manual install" below)
Don't let the number of steps put you off, the installation part is actually very simple and should only take about 2 minutes.
- extract the map packs (SCMRmaps)to the "Maps" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory (create the "Maps" folder if it doesn't exist)
- extract the mod files (SCMRmod and SCMRlocal) to the "Mods" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory
Manual install video guide by Jayborino
- illustration of the correct file paths (click to enlarge):
note that you can't have both the standard SCMRmod and the retro version in the Mods folder at the same time, one will always overwrite the other
- launch the Starcraft 2 editor
- open the setup map named SCMRsetup in your Maps folder and click the "test document" button on the top right (or press ctrl+F9)
- when you're at the setup screen, save the game
- go back to the save menu, highlight the save you just created and click the "show in folder" button.
this will minimize Starcraft 2 and open the folder containing the save file
- move or copy the save file to the saves folder under your account
(your documents folder)/Starcraft II/Accounts/.../.../Saves/Multiplayer (or any other subfolder)
if you can't find this folder, login to your account, go to campaign -> load, click on a save and click the "show in folder"-button. It will take you to the folder you need to move the save file into.
- open Starcraft 2 again and exit the setup map
- login to your account and load the save via the campaign load menu
- once loaded, click the "install" button
- when you're at the title screen, save the game again. You can now use this save to launch SCMR, the setup save is not needed.
Note that you can still save and load any SCMR map, as long as you're logged in.
During any mission, typing "quit" as a chat message will take you back to the menu.
Also make sure you're using an up-to-date version of Starcraft 2.
- Param/values/whatever: if lots of texts are like that, you may have a problem with your Mods: delete SCMRmod and SCMRlocal, and re-download them from the links below. If it is only one or two lines (say, a mission objective), report it in the comments section (in that case, please specify which language you are playing in).
- Dependency cannot be loaded: The mods are not at the proper place. Check that you have put your mods (SCMRmod AND SCMRlocal) in the Mods folder, as on the picture below.
- Unable to load map: Your maps are not at the proper place. Check that you have put the episode files such as "1. Rebel Yell" in a folder "Starcraft Mass Recall", itself to be placed in Maps, as on the picture above.
Other manual installation guides:
map design and scripting
SCMRmod based on the Starcraft 2: Brood War mod by
additional development by
custom 3D models & textures by
Snowflake Entertainment / Project Revolution
PLEASE NOTE that this is a completely unofficial, non-profit, fan-made remake and in no way affiliated with Activision Blizzard.
Old time Brood War players may enjoy the Carbot Animations Brood War series.
Table of contents
- 1 Starcraft: Mass Recall
- 2 SCMR Legacy Edition is live.
- 3 Downloads - version 6.1.1
- 4 How to Play
- 5 Credits
- Date created
- Mar 29, 2014
- Last update
- Oct 04, 2016
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Recent files