Starcraft: Mass Recall
BREAKING NEWS - SCMR v7.1 is live!
To play, you will need to fully install (or reinstall) all required SCMR mods and maps.
- SCMR v7.1 (required)
- SCMR v7.1 English Localization and Assets (required)
- SCMR v7.1 Cinematics Pack (optional/recommended)
- SCMR v7.1 Extra Bonus Campaign - Enslavers Redux (optional)
Please see below for the installation section for more details in how to do that!
Starcraft: Mass Recall
Starcraft: Mass Recall is a project that recreates the classic Starcraft and Brood War gameplay as well as the entire single-player campaigns within the Starcraft 2 engine. Mass Recall contains 68 maps, 59 from the original Brood War game, 3 that were hidden or deleted on various Starcraft supports, and 6 from the 1998 demo campaign.
This mod can be used with any Starcraft 2 version, including the free Starter edition.
Do not hesitate to leave feedback or suggestions in the comments below.
Also check out:
our project thread at TeamLiquid
a commentated playthrough by Jayborino (v6.x, hard difficulty)
a playthrough by professional Starcraft 2 player Crank (HotS version, hard difficulty)
Top News - July 1st, 2019
Starcraft: Mass Recall 7.1 is live! We are proud to now release all 6 episodes of Starcraft in Mass Recall for the new 7.1 version! In addition, 7.1 features many new extra campaigns including the Starcraft official demo prequel "Loomings", the custom enhanced campaign "Enslavers Redux", and the original "Stukov Series" 3-map bundle along with two new missions to enhance the Stukov story. This updated version is the latest and most complete Mass Recall experience to date which includes a slew of new Starcraft: Remastered features including remastered briefings rooms, loading images, story cinematics, improved FMV cinematics, enhanced audio tracks, and more. See the "Downloads" and "Installation" sections below for everything you need to start playing.
Mass Recall 7.0 Trailer #2
Mass Recall 7.0 Preview Trailer #`1
Current Stable Version: 7.1
To install the cinematics pack if you've already run the installer without it, replace the "SCMRcinematics" file in your mods folder with the one in the cinematics pack download.
If you've played previous versions of Mass Recall, for a clean install it is recommended you delete any previous Mass Recall-related folders or zip archives from your Starcraft 2 root install directory, and delete or rename the SCMR.SC2Bank file in (Documents)/Starcraft II/Banks
Other Localized Versions (7.1 Only for Now):
(Replace these local mods with the current local mod in your mods folder)
- SCMRlocal v7.1 (Russian) (REQUIRED)
For older 6.2 versions of the mod and localization, see the "Files" section.
For a fresh auto-install please carefully follow these steps:
- Download the SCMR installer and the required files (see the "Downloads" section above)
Move all downloaded zip files and unzip the installer to your Starcraft 2 install directory
Run the installer
After SCMR is successfully installed, use the shortcut on your desktop to run SCMR
Auto install video guide by DeltronLive
If auto install fails and/or you would like to manually install SCMR, please carefully follow these steps:
- Download the required mod files (see the "Downloads" section above)
- Extract SCMR v7.1. Should look like this when extracted:
- Within this extracted SCMR folder, move the folder called "Starcraft Mass Recall" to the "Maps" folder of your Starcraft 2 Installation folder (Typically located in your primary C: drive -> Applications (mac) /Program Files (win) -> Starcraft II. Or basically, where Starcraft2.exe is located - Note: Create the "Maps" folder here if it doesn't exist!)
And then within this, it should look like the following now under /Maps/Starcraft Mass Recall:
- Go back to that extracted SCMR folder and now move the "Mods" folder to the same place as the "Maps" folder. Should look like the following now:
- Download the Assets and Localization mod files (SCMRassets and SCMRlocal) and extract both to the "Mods" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory. Your Mods folder should now have FOUR mod files and look like the following:
Now installation is nearly done! Complete the following:
- From within Maps Folder, open the setup map named SCMRsetup in your Maps folder and click the "test document" button on the top right (or press ctrl+F9) once your Campaign Editor is opened.
- When you're at the setup screen, save the game
- Go back to the save menu, highlight the save you just created and click the "show in folder" button. This will minimize Starcraft 2 and open the folder containing the save file
- Move or copy the save file to the saves folder under your account
(your documents folder)/Starcraft II/Accounts/.../.../Saves/Multiplayer (or any other subfolder)
if you can't find this folder, login to your account, go to campaign -> load, click on a save and click the "show in folder"-button. It will take you to the folder you need to move the save file into.
- Open Starcraft 2 again and exit the setup map
- Login to your account and load the save via the campaign load menu
- Once loaded, click the "install" button
- When you're at the title screen, save the game again. You can now use this save to launch SCMR, the setup save is not needed
If you wish to play while logged on to battle.net, you will need to take the following steps:
- Launch Starcraft II using the battle.net launcher
- Alt-tab to desktop
- Launch Starcraft Mass Recall using the created shortcut
Note that you can still save and load any SCMR map, as long as you're logged in.
Bonus Campaign - Enslavers Redux Installation
Project Page - https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/enslavers-redux
This file includes a new 30-mission extra bonus campaign "Enslavers Redux" by OmegaWeaponX! This series contains 4 episodes, with 9 unique maps per Terran, Protoss, and Zerg races, with 3 epilogue maps. Content and story is based on the original Enslavers custom maps in Starcraft and Dark Vengeance maps in Brood War. Features brand new dialog and story, missions, and enhanced heroes with their own level-up mechanics! Learn what happens between the major Starcraft episodes and the events leading up to Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty!
While this custom campaign can be played stand-alone by opening up the unique Enslavers Redux Campaign Launcher and launching missions from there, it is also integrated into Mass Recall via the "Extras" menu. In order to load it properly in for the Mass Recall Launcher to work with this campaign, follow these instructions:
- Download the above zip file containing Enslavers Redux
- Go into your Starcraft 2 folder -> SCMR Mass Recall -> Extras:
- Within Extras, place your zip file, then uncompress it there. You should have a folder that says 8. Enslavers Redux. It should look like this now:
- You've got Enslavers Redux installed! Now from the SCMR Campaign Launcher go to Extras and click on the Enslavers Redux menu panel. You can launch any mission from here or open the Enslavers Redux Campaign Launcher and launch missions from there!
Also make sure you're using an up-to-date version of Starcraft 2.
- Param/values/whatever: if lots of texts are like that, you may have a problem with your Mods: delete SCMRmod and SCMRlocal, and re-download them from the links below. If it is only one or two lines (say, a mission objective), report it in the comments section (in that case, please specify which language you are playing in).
- Dependency cannot be loaded: The mods are not at the proper place. Check that you have put your mods (SCMRmod AND SCMRlocal) in the Mods folder, as on the picture below.
- Unable to load map: Your maps are not at the proper place. Check that you have put the episode files such as "1. Rebel Yell" in a folder "Starcraft Mass Recall", itself to be placed in Maps, as on the picture above.
Other manual installation guides:
map design and scripting
based on the Starcraft 2: Brood War mod by
additional development by
custom 3D models & textures by
|GhostNova||units: Dropship, Stukov (co-author SoulFilcher), SC1 Queen's Nest, SC1 Ghost, SC1 Citadel of Adun, SC1 Battlecruiser, SC1 Siege Tank, SC1 Academy, SC1 Devourer
portraits: Fenix, Duran, Stukov (co-author SoulFilcher), Goliath
|Thrikodias||units: Tassadar, Observatory, Arbiter Tribunal, Warp Gate, Bengalaas, Kakaru, Psi Emitter, Stasis Cell, SC1 Defiler Mound, SC1 Photon Cannon, SC1 Robotics Facility,
portraits: SC1 Mengsk, Valkyrie, Tassadar, SC1 Adjutant, SC1 Zasz, SC1 Daggoth, SC1 Corsair, SC1 Defiler, Dropship, SC1 High Templar
|GnaReffotsirk||Carrier, Shuttle, Queen, Creep Colony, SC1 Guardian|
|Cacho56||units: UED marine, SC1 Sunken Colony
portraits: Duke, DuGalle, SC1 Arbiter, SC1 Siege Tank, SC1 Battlecruiser, SC1 Science Vessel,
|SoulFilcher||units: Ion Cannon, SCV (Retro), Stukov (co-author GhostNova)
portraits: Stukov (co-author GhostNova)
icons: Kerrigan, Tassadar, Devourer, Queen
portraits: SC1 Overmind
|XibadivS||Control Tower, Machine Shop|
|Snowflake Entertainment / Project Revolution||Valkyrie|
|Hammer107||ComSat Station, SC1 Barracks, SC1 Engineering Bay, SC1 Missile Turret, SC1 Starport, SC1 Armory, SC1 Bunker, SC1 Factory, SC1 Medic, Raynor (Vulture), SC1 Spore Colony, Tassadar (Gantrithor)|
|Kailniris2||Shield Battery, Psi Disrupter textures|
|Delphinium1987||Psi Disrupter mesh|
|MSeverns||Duran, Raszagal units|
|DaveSpectre||Jim Raynor portrait|
|Skulluse||Sarah Kerrigan portrait|
|ZeShmoutt||retextured Hunter Killer, Devouring One|
|SyCoAttack||Dark Protoss (Shakuras) doodad retextures|
|TooMuchTuch||decals: Alpha, Delta, Nova, Omega Squadron, UED, Kel-Morian Combine|
|Frankiealaplaaja||decals: Mar Sara militia, Sons of Korhal|
|Kostyarik||animations: briefing Start button, score screen|
|Re1deR||briefing transitions, portrait highlight texture|
|Jones||town sign textures|
|luhkoala||SCMR loading screen, remastered victory screen backgrounds,
additional loading screen artwork
|Existor||SCMR logo & banner|
PLEASE NOTE that this is a completely unofficial, non-profit, fan-made remake and in no way affiliated with Activision Blizzard.
Old time Brood War players may enjoy the Carbot Animations Brood War series.