Starcraft: Enslavers Redux
Starcraft: Enslavers Redux
Enslavers Redux is a multi-episode campaign remake/reboot based off of the original Enslavers and Dark Vengeance custom campaigns for Starcraft 1 and using the actual lore of Starcraft to help bridge the gap between episodes. It features the following:
- 30 Missions across 3 campaigns (6 per ep canon, 9 total per ep, +3 epilogue missions) with unique A and B canon arcs depending on the choices you make.
- An entirely brand new plot and custom text dialog brings the full untold Enslavers story to new life based off of the original Enslavers story and the Dark Templar Trilogy with links to both Starcraft and Starcraft II.
- Play as new customized heroes such as Commander of the Dominion Alpha Squadron, Gui Montag, General Warfield, Selendis, Mohandar, Ethan Stewart, as well as original favorites re-customized such as Tom Kazansky, Magellan, Warbringer, Mojo, Zeratul, Eredas, Zagara and Kerrigan with new dialog, new abilities, and new stories as they help drive the Enslavers plot.
- Powered by the Starcraft Mass Recall mod
When someone usually asks you what they think of when they hear the title Starcraft Enslavers, memories of brutal difficulty and monotonous gameplay with little plot usually come to mind. Both Enslavers and Dark Vengeance were very quick, watered down campaigns aimed at showing the player how one can build a custom campaign in the map editor. However they also introduced an important element to the Starcraft timeline...understanding what was going on behind the scenes of the main episodes of Starcraft and Brood War. This is a very interesting topic to explore given that fact that we have a mercenary army capable of controlling Zerg along with an ancient Protoss bent of vengeance. Both of these have ties into the overall Starcraft story arc of what Duran was originally trying to do to upset the balance of the sector while finding a way to merge the Zerg and Protoss DNA to create the hybrids.
Thus, this complete custom campaign is a new reboot based off the original campaigns in order to do what the original could do not. Tell an engaging and compelling story of what occurred between and during the main episodes of Starcraft while understanding a bit more about what Ulrezaj was up and what role he played in Duran's plan. However, creating this campaign solo is a large undertaking and as such....there WILL be bugs! Anything in these maps can be improved overtime. I encourage anyone who plays through these maps to please list your comments on anything you notice that seems bugged or anything you'd like to mention that is positive or constructive criticism that would help improve this campaign.
If you would like to play a chronological playthrough from the beginning of Starcraft through the end of Starcraft 2, this is the historical order:
- SC EP1 - Rebel Yell
- SC EP2 - The Overmind
- ER EP1 - Shadow of Deception
- SC EP3 - The Fall
- BW EP4 - The Stand
- BW EP5 - The Iron Fist
- ER EP2 - Dark Vengeance (starts mid-Iron Fist and ends just after Iron First ends)
- BW EP6 - Queen of Blades
- ER EP3 - Twilight Falls
- ER EP4 - Enslavers Redux Epilogue
- SC2 EP1 - Wings of Liberty
- SC2 EP2 - Heart of the Swarm
- SC2 EP3 - Legacy of the Void
- SC2 EP4 - Starcraft II Epilogue
Episode I: Shadow of Deception - Set between StarCraft I Episodes 2 and 3, Deception begins with Arcturus Mengsk and the newly formed Dominion as they launch a new initiative to silence all outlaws who would act against Dominion law, starting with notorious mercenary Alan Schezar. However, a lone Commander of the Dominion Alpha Squadron soon realizes Schezar's intentions are far greater and darker than anyone could have imagined...
Episode II: Dark Vengeance - Set between the end of Starcraft Episode 4 and the middle of Episode 5, Dark Vengeance begins with Zeratul and the Protoss, finding new protection on Shakuras after having it been cleansed of Zerg, deciding now to return to Aiur to find any remaining Protoss survivors. What begins as a rescue mission soon escalates into dark plot to subjugate both Protoss and Zerg to bring about a vengeance aeons in the making...
Episode III: Twilight Falls - Set between the end of Starcraft Brood War and Starcraft II Wings of Liberty, Twilight Falls begins with Kerrigan, having crushed all opposition to her, returning back down to Char while designing a new Zerg hierarchy after purging all remaining Cerebrates. However soon after, sensing a strong psionic presence across the void, Kerrigan begins a journey that will bring her to both the most terrifying foe she has ever encountered and a prophecy of the true darkness still yet to come...
Enslavers Redux Epilogue - Set just before Wings of Liberty, the Enslavers Redux epilogue will feature the final conclusions of the three primary heroes of each episode. The battle hardened ex-Dominion Squadron Commander looking to start a new life but instead finding a horrifying Dominion project that he must stop. Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades, still reeling from her experience of learning about the hybrids to take the fight directly to her ex-consort, Samir Duran. And finally the illusive Dark Templar Zeratul, recently rejuvenated from his long self-exile after murdering the matriarch Razagal, traveling to an unknown world and must prepare for a battle which will set in motion the events of the fate of the entire galaxy...
How to Play
1) Download the latest SCMR package and mods. This custom campaign is powered by the SCMR mod. Do not use older mod versions. Please use the following to download this first, or use the SCMR page for the latest release. Place this unzipped folder in your Starcraft II folder of your Starcraft II installation (Typically located in Applications (or Program Files if Windows)\Starcraft II\)
SCMR 7.2 - Maps, Core SCMR Mods
SCMR Assets Mod - All models, images, etc
SCMR English Localization Mod - Various text entries (note - most dialogs are still contains within missions, not this mod)
- Extract SCMR. Should look like this when extracted:
- Within this extracted SCMR folder, move the folder called "Starcraft Mass Recall" to the "Maps" folder of your Starcraft 2 Installation folder (Typically located in your primary C: drive -> Applications (mac) /Program Files (win) -> Starcraft II. Or basically, where Starcraft2.exe is located - Note: Create the "Maps" folder here if it doesn't exist!)
- And then within this, it should look like the following now under /Maps/Starcraft Mass Recall:
- Go back to that extracted SCMR folder and now move the "Mods" folder to the same place as the "Maps" folder. Should look like the following now:
- Download the Assets and Localization mod files (SCMRassets and SCMRlocal) and extract both to the "Mods" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory. Your Mods folder should now have FOUR mod files and look like the following:
2) Download the Enslavers Redux campaign compressed file folder and unzip. Within you should see a folder called "Enslavers Redux" which contains all the maps you'll need and the campaign launcher. (If not create a folder called Enslavers Redux and place launcher map and Episodes I,II, and III folders within here)
Enslavers Redux - Latest Version
- Go into your Starcraft 2 folder -> SCMR Mass Recall -> Extras:
- Within Extras, place your zip file, then uncompress it there. You should have a folder that says 8. Enslavers Redux. It should look like this now:
- You've got Enslavers Redux installed! Now from the SCMR Campaign Launcher go to Extras and click on the Enslavers Redux menu panel. You can launch any mission from here or open the Enslavers Redux Campaign Launcher in the SCII map editor and click "Test Map" at the top right and launch missions from there
5) You can play locally offline from here or you can play on Battle.net. To do this, save your map at any time in Enslavers Redux. Then click Show In folder button. This will minimize the game and open the save file's folder. Copy this save file to your Battle.net account (Typically located here: \Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\ACCOUNT
Saves\Multiplayer\) Then close out of the game and SCII editor, run SCII in Battle.net, go to Campaign, Load Save file, Multiplayer, and your save file should be located here. Please note, you should only play continuously either in or out of Battle.net throughout the campaign due to saved data that the game depends on which is different between games loaded from Battlenet or offline.
6) Please note, there is no voice acting for this campaign as none existed in the original either. You must enabled in-game subtitles to see the transmissions of in-game unit text. This can be done by going to Menu -> Options -> Gameplay -> Display Subtitles. This is an English Localization. For those using other language versions, I have moved MOST English text dialog over to use other language files, but in case you still see any "Param" errors, please do the following if you are not using EN_US language data from within the game itself: Press F10 -> Options -> Language -> chose "English (US)". Please note, some copies of SCII do not have this option.
7) Ensure both "Subtitles During Cutscenes" if CHECKED and "Enable Simple Command Card" is UNCHECKED. This will improve your playback experience for Enslavers Redux.
Powered by the SCMR Mod
Click here to view full SCMR credits
Campaigns creation by:
Map design inspiration based on:
The original Enslavers/Dark Vengeance SC2 remake by Opugg / Opupu
Starcraft: Mass Recall by the SCMR team
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void by Blizzard Entertainment
Story inspiration based on:
The Enslavers and Dark Vengeance custom campaigns for Starcraft I by Blizzard Entertainment
The Dark Templar Saga by Christie Golden
Custom Enslavers Redux models by:
Special thanks to:
Disclaimer: Enslavers Redux is a completely custom campaign based on the original Enslavers and Dark Templar stories. It is in no direct affiliation with the authors of those stories.
More custom campaigns like this can be found at the Custom Campaign Initiative
If anyone has a great screen shot they want to share of either a cutscene or an action battle please post it here and I'll add it to the photo section and/or mission summary!
Greetings. There is a pretty nice guide which tells in which order one should play to make it chronological. Thanks you for that but in what place one should place Stukov Series so?
I found an easy way to make Palladium collectable again in Chapter 6A Episode 1 on version 7.2.
- Open the map file ENS_Terran06a.SC2Map.
- Open Data Module.
- Type "palladium" in the Data Module's search bar and look for the item called "Pickup - Raw Palladium (Pal,SCMR-ER)"
- To the big box on the right, search for the field called "Abilities" (it will be highlighted green). Right click on the empty field on its right -> Reset to Parent Value -> [SCMRMod.SC2Mod] Pickup - Raw Palladium (Pal,SCMR-ER)
- Save the map.
have a problem in first protoss mission (return to Aiur). Russian version.
When i rescue the terran army, i dont control all protoss army, only terrans army i have a control
So I encountered what seems like a bug so I helped the protoss in the terran missions. According to you mission guide that should have them appear in return to aiur as a rescueable base which I can then use right? Well in my case it didn’t happened they appeared I saved them and then they left.
So many bugs that it's basically unplayable.
Wow that was intense I didn’t think it was possible but it you actually made it harder lol! Anyway good job this was really complex and well done. I prefer the simplicity of the old enslavers but this was cool too. At the very least it was nice to have specific objectives rather than kill everybody.
When i start the first mission (terran) either through launcher or the mission file there are no cutscene, units are missing, no objectives.
Do i need Lotv?
I have a problem with Zeratul in the Protoss campaign. He cannot shadow walk. This is supposed to be a base level ability of his, but my version of him does not have it. I even went into the hotkeys menu to check and see what it says, and the standard hotkey (D) did not work. I then added an additional hotkey (B) and it still did not work. There's not even a button I can press on the character pad. I then cleared my data, redid mission 1 and made sure to choose the upgrade shadow walk ability as my upgrade choice. And yes, I made it to level 3 on the first mission. And without shadow walk, mission 2 cannot be completed. I finally used the invincibility cheat, racked up huge points on level 2 and still shadow walk is not something that I can use. Can anyone help?
In reply to missourielephant:
I posted this on the mass recall comments since that's where Enslavers issues are dealt with now:
For anyone having issues with Zeratul's blink ability in the last epilogue mission, I found the issue. The clue for me was that in the mission, the required ability is called shadow walk. To fix the trigger:
1. Go to UI. Click on the ability in the box below. Change it from the shadow walk that uses ability Zeratul-Blink (SCMR-ER) to the shadow walk that uses ability Void Dark Templar Deep Shadow Blink.
2. Go to conditions and the "else" part. Click Unit -enable the zeratul. Again, click on the ability in the box below and change it from Zeratul-Blink (SCMR-ER) to Zeratul-Deep Shadow Blink (SCMR-ER).
3. Click on Unit-Show the Zeratul. Again, click on the ability in the box below and change it from Zeratul-Blink (SCMR-ER) to Zeratul-Deep Shadow Blink (SCMR-ER).
Save and play. After you make those three changes, the map should be playable with the appropriate trigger giving you Zeratul's blink ability.
Worked for me at any rate.
In reply to royalg1701:
Hey, I wanted to try this but I can't get, where to go: "1. Go to UI.". Where's this?
Having a major issue completing the Zerg campaigns... seems like there is a bug not allowing Stewart to pick up Biomass or Artifacts for Kerrigan in Mission 3, which then leads into Kerrigan being unable to pickup biomass in Missions 4, 5 and 6.
Second, a line will repeat nonstop throughout these missions. When viewing the message in F11 it is from Stukov giving a brief overview of what happened to him, then stating something along the lines of "All caught up now?". It continues and will interrupt all current dialogue.
Hello, I began with your campaign (on SCMR 7.3) and I find it very interesting particularly from story aspect and the ideas in the missions. I can imagine how difficult it was to achieve all the aspects of this really good campaign. It attracted me more than a lot of other custom campaigns with custom stories. However I have encountered many problems. Most important that when I finish a mission and click on continue, the save function stop to work in the next mission. When I return to the SCMR launcher and launch the next mission from it, I have no more problem with saving. However there are many missions that don't work from the SCMR launcher (after clicking the mission it appears as if a cinematic will begin then nothing happens and when I click esc it returns to the launcher). I tried then to launch them from the enslaver redux launcher, here actually it didn't work with any map (map cannot be opened). The last thing I tried was to open the map from the map folder directly. It worked but the problem was that I lost the progress and the bonuses I gathered for my heroes, and that with each map I opened directly, which was of course very frustrating. Therefore I decided now to wait until at least this problem be solved before I play further.
I also encountered some bugs and problems:
- I played the first terran mission on normal, then I wanted to play on hard. when I started the mission, I had already the puls grenades before I reach and take the weapon on the mission.
- many of the characters profile fotos don't appear in the message log.
- When I open the maps directly from their folder, the iridium and palladium will appear as gas and crystal gatherings, there particular shape don't appear.
On Mission 4b - The pursuit:
- first thing I liked the mission very much but found it very difficult also on normal, it was nearly impossible to me to achieve all bonus objectives. The time was very short.
- When I choose not to release the prisoners, I should be able to build Vikings. However when I click on the viking icon on starport, it builds Hercules instead of Viking !!!!!!!?.
- in this mission, it would not recognize if I have enough gas or not. I could simply build or make anything even when I don't have enough gas for it.
On Mission 5b - Assault on Aiur:
- When I attacked the enemy I found two places, where toooo many carriers and one place with toooo many reavers. I think they should have attacked me with the other attack waves but they stock for some reason.
There is also a playthrough on youtube, however with an older version, where also many bugs were reported (may be you know it already).
Thank you very much for your efforts and I look forward to be able to play your custom campaign again in the near future with less problems
I've been running into an odd bug with SCMR Enslavers v7.3 ever since v7.0: During the missions there is no text dialog (portraits appear and talk), making it impossible to know what is going on. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a way I can fix it from my end?
Edit: issue resolved
Good day sir!, i have a problem whenever i play the first mission , it will always say "Unable to open map" please helpp me solve the problem.. will greatly appreciate it , thank you in advance.
In reply to khianxd08:
Are you trying to launch it from SCMR launcher? If so, did you put the Enslavers maps in "Starcraft Mass Recall/Extras/8. Enslavers Redux"
In reply to kruggov:
should i put the number 8? because it only says "Enslavers Redux" .
and inside there are folders of episode 1 - 4 and the Enslavers Redux Launcher
other than that im playing SC2 for free.. is it recommended to buy the game in order to play the SC2 Custom Campaigns? im sorry for this stupid question XD i dont really know huhu...
In reply to khianxd08:
You SHOULD put 8. in front of Enslavers Redux, that's the direction SCMR Launcher uses. Better look at SCMR project page for that.
In reply to kruggov:
I tried starting the game again after following all instructions as said on the SCMR and Enslavers Redux Project Pages..
The game loaded Cinematic Screen came out but after the cinematic and the story line,
the first mission won't load and it takes me back to the SC2 Loading screen with a Message popped up saying "Unable to Open Map"
Another Thing is that i tried playing it on SC2 Editor, but then the Missions won't pop up and i can't finish those missions in order to trigger new ones
In reply to khianxd08:
When I use Enslavers Redux Campaign Launcher, same error is found. It's the same as the older version, either.