Starcraft: Mass Recall
Starcraft & Brood War Campaign Remake
The Heart of the Swarm edition of the Starcraft and Brood War campaigns remake. Mass Recall contains 68 maps, 59 from the original Brood War game, 3 that were hidden or deleted on various Starcraft supports, and 6 from the 1998 demo campaign.
Do not hesitate to leave feedback or suggestions in the comments below.
November 7th 2015
If you happen to find Easy mode too difficult, do not hesitate to report it here and mention which mission(s) gave you trouble. Difficulty increases from missions 6-7 onwards, I need to know if this is a problem.
Known issues that were NOT yet addressed:
- Hydralisk model persists on top of a Lurker Cocoon during morphing
- Silhouettes of units behind structures look out of place in certain cutscenes
- Cinematic transition loading screen is the standard Legacy of the Void loading screen
- The final rolling credits do not appear
- Flickering textures, possibly related to certain custom models. Seems to mostly affect the Retro edition of SCMRmod. (see also: this thread for some proposed solutions)
- A Xel'Naga Temple problem in PX08.
Updates for other languages hopefully coming soon.
SCMR Installer - English (external link, works with all translations)
SCMR Installer - German (external link)
Note that the latest versions of Mass Recall are not guaranteed to work on the Starter Edition or older versions of the game. If you're having problems getting the mod to run, make sure you have an up-to-date version of Heart of the Swarm.
Manual install (ignore if using the SCMR installer): add the cinematics mod to your Mods folder, and replace the standard Launcher with the one you will find in this .zip.
Hosted here. Full Spanish and English with Spanish subtitles are available.
- Russian voice acting and subtitles
- English voice acting with Russian subtitles
for older Wings of Liberty-compatible versions, visit the old project pages
How to Play
Auto install using the SCMR installer
- place the installer and all downloaded zip archives to your Starcraft 2 install directory (the same folder where your Starcraft 2.exe is located)
- run the installer
- use the Mass Recall shortcut created on your desktop to start the game
If you wish to play while logged on to battle.net, you will still need to manually install the mod (see "manual install" below)
Don't let the number of steps put you off, the installation part is actually very simple and should only take about 2 minutes.
- extract the map packs (SCMRmaps)to the "Maps" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory (create the "Maps" folder if it doesn't exist)
- extract the mod file (SCMRmod or SCMRmod_retro) to the "Mods" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory
illustration of the correct file paths (click to enlarge):
note that you can't have both the standard SCMRmod and the retro version in the Mods folder at the same time, one will always overwrite the other
- launch the Starcraft 2 editor
- open the setup map named SCMRsetup in your Maps folder and click the "test document" button on the top right (or press ctrl+F9)
- when you're at the setup screen, save the game
- go back to the save menu, highlight the save you just created and click the "show in folder" button.
this will minimize Starcraft 2 and open the folder containing the save file
- move or copy the save file to the saves folder under your account
(your documents folder)/Starcraft II/Accounts/.../.../Saves/Multiplayer (or any other subfolder)
if you can't find this folder, login to your account, go to campaign -> load, click on a save and click the "show in folder"-button. It will take you to the folder you need to move the save file into.
- open Starcraft 2 again and exit the setup map
- login to your account and load the save via the campaign load menu
- once loaded, click the "install" button
- when you're at the title screen, save the game again. You can now use this save to launch SCMR, the setup save is not needed
Note that you can still save and load any SCMR map, as long as you're logged in.
During any mission, typing "quit" as a chat message will take you back to the menu.
Shows and explains the installation process in greater detail. Highly recommended if you're having trouble installing SCMR or getting it to work. It covers the manual install but the end result shown in the video is the same, regardless of installing method.
Other manual installation guides:
SCMRmod based on the Starcraft 2: Brood War mod by
additional development by
custom 3D models & textures by
Snowflake Entertainment / Project Revolution
PLEASE NOTE that this is a completely unofficial, non-profit, fan-made remake and in no way affiliated with Activision Blizzard.
Old time Brood War players may enjoy the Carbot Animations Brood War series.
Table of contents
- 1 Starcraft: Mass Recall
- 2 Downloads
- 3 How to Play
- 4 Credits
- Date created
- Mar 29, 2014
- Last update
- Dec 19, 2015
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Recent files