Starcraft Brood War: Episode V - The Iron Fist
the complete Terran campaign
|Episode I - Rebel Yell||by Ultraling & Jones|
|Episode II - Overmind||by Jones|
|Episode III - The Fall||by christdaugherty|
|Episode IV - The Stand||by Telenil & Jimm3110|
|Episode V - The Iron Fist||by Jones|
|Episode VI - Queen of Blades||by Telenil, Jones & Jimm3110|
- Requires SC1BWMod to play, version 4.7 recommended
also check out the project thread at TeamLiquid
28/04/2013 - State of the mod
Apparently HotS/the latest major Starcraft 2 update has once again caused some small problems throughout the campaigns. However, aside from episode 3, it seems there are no major issues present at the moment, 99% of everything should work. Everything should be compatible with both HotS and WoL - but probably more compatible with WoL. If you're experiencing problems, try switching to Wings of Liberty mode in the Starcraft 2 gameplay options menu. If you're getting "unable to open map" errors when using the campaign launcher and your Starcraft 2 is up to date, chances are you don't have the necessary files in the right locations - read the instructions carefully.
Know that we're still not happy with the state of the remake. We're already knee-deep in working towards a larger update to all six episodes, so there's no turning back to doing small bug fixing updates. We're making good progress so far, and looking to have everything done by the end of the year (hopefully major mod-breaking updates to the game have settled down a little bit by then). There likely won't be any updates this summer.
The upcoming version(s) will require Heart of the Swarm.
Forever and a day in the making, here's my take on the legendary UED campaign from Starcraft: Brood War. Nostalgic, faithful to the original, surprisingly fresh at the same time and most of all fun to play are the things I was going for when creating it.
Thanks to a bunch of people including but not necessarily limited to Telenil, christdaugherty, Superfield, Jimm3110, Ultraling, Maverck, GnaReffotsirk for their feedback and/or other (direct or indirect) contributions to this little project. Also thanks to my brother for all the playtesting I made him do, and thanks to all you people for the feedback/support and/or just general interest in the project. Much fun was had making the campaign (among other things), I hope you'll have at least as much fun playing.
- all 8+1 original missions
- original SC1 units and structures with original stats, including custom models
- original SC1 Terran soundtrack
- all the dialogue, voice acting & other miscellaneous text from the original campaign, and more
- classic UED unit decals
- two difficulty levels (maps tested exclusively on Stukov (harder) difficulty, so you can consider it the "default" difficulty)
(some notable differences from the original campaign)
- two difficulty levels - with a somewhat more aggressive AI than in the original, in order to provide some challenge to the average player
- all kinds of cinematic/cosmetic flavor
- Duran has the snipe ability because why not
Links to the latest versions, by language. You will need both the maps and the mod file to play (see "How to play" below). For older versions, check the "Files" section.
PLEASE NOTE that for the latest versions and the Campaign Launcher, you will also need the latest (or at least close to latest) version of Starcraft 2. For older versions, check the "Files" section.
How to play
- extract the mod file (SC1BWmod) to your "Mods" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory (NOT the folder under "My Documents")
- extract the map pack to the "Maps" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory (create the folder if it doesn't exist)
- extract the Campaign Launcher & setup to the same "Maps" folder (not the campaign folder)
Campaign Launcher installation:
- launch the Starcraft 2 editor
- open the setup map named SCMRsetup in your Maps folder and click the "test document" button on the top right (or press ctrl+F9)
- wait until the launcher loads and you're at the title screen, then save the game and exit the map (press esc or F10 to open the game menu)
- find the save file (named "Starcraft - Mass Recall" by default) in (your home/documents folder)/Starcraft II/Saves/VersusAI
- copy or move the save file to the saves folder under your account folder (your home/documents folder)/Starcraft II/Accounts/.../.../Saves/Multiplayer (for example; any of the save folders will do)
- Done! You can now log into the appropriate account and load the save from the load game-screen. You can use this save to play each episode.
- You can copy the save file to whatever accounts you want. For example, if you want to play offline, copy it to your guest account folder.
- If you're unsure of the right folders or can't find the Starcraft II documents folder, log into an account of your choice in SC2, go to the load game-screen, click on a save and click the "show in folder"-button. It will take you to the appropriate saves folder.
Troubleshooting & known issues
- Original campaign by Blizzard
- Remake by Jones
- Mod by Maverck
- additional mod tweaking by christdaugherty, Superfield, Jones, Telenil, Jimm3110
custom models by
- GnaReffotsirk (Carrier, Shuttle, Queen, Guardian)
- Snowflake Entertainment/Project Revolution (Reaver, Corsair, Defiler, Valkyrie), reworked by GnaReffotsirk (with help from NiNToxicated, DeveRR0, Phygis)
- buhhy (Dragoon)
- SoulFilcher (Ion Cannon)
- Thrikodias (Observatory, Psi Emitter)
- GhostNova91 (Duran portrait)
- UED & Nova Squadron decals by TooMuchTuch
- French translation by Choum28
- Russian translation by Jimm3110 (original translation & dubbing: Fargus Multimedia, 7Wolf)
- Italian translation/modification by Zarxiel93, TheTorrasque, JustSkorpyon
- Korean translation by storycraft
- and of course thanks to Hati for his SC2 Localizer, so everyone can play the maps!
there's some music because I couldn't help myself:
- Starcraft soundtrack by Derek Duke, Glenn Stafford, Tracy W. Bush
- "Metallic Monks", "Vats of Goo" by Mark Morgan (Fallout)
- untitled track (mission 5 outro) by Robin Beanland (Conker: Live & Reloaded)
- "Ride of the Valkyries" by Richard Wagner (The Ring of the Nibelung)
- "Rumble" by Link Wray & His Ray Men (Wings of Liberty jukebox version by Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs)
- "March to Doom" by Frank Klepacki (Command & Conquer)
- "Jem's Song" by Big Tuna (Starcraft & Starcraft 2)
- special thanks to Telenil, christdaugherty, Superfield and Jimm3110 for their enthusiasm and work on the project.
PLEASE NOTE that this is a completely unofficial, non-profit, fan-made remake and in no way affiliated with Activision Blizzard.
- Date created
- May 05, 2012
- Last update
- Apr 26, 2013
- Development stage
- Public Domain
- Recent files