Looks cool from the screenshots. I'll have to try it out.
- Curse Premium
Member for 5 years, 1 month, and 2 days
Last active Sat, May, 19 2018 16:11:18
- 1 Follower
- 1,493 Total Posts
- 18 Thanks
Jan 14, 2018MaskedImposter posted a message on Suggestion for me? All posibiles upgrades on unit...Posted in: Data
You could also do a model addition with the acid model so it'd look like the zergling is farting. Then all the other units would be scared of its smelliness.
Jan 3, 2018MaskedImposter posted a message on [Tutorial] Fixing the Galaxy Editors menu sizing/small text issuesPosted in: Tutorials
Quick tutorial showing how to fix a sizing issue that popped up for me. May help others?
Dec 26, 2017Posted in: Tutorials
Here's another link. Do these expire or something? >.<
Dec 6, 2017Posted in: Tutorials
Found two questions in the Bliz forums where the authors sound like they could benefit from a video.
Dec 6, 2017Posted in: Triggers
I occasionally get asked for this file which does the top row abilities for a command panel. So here is a download link for it.
Again, credit goes to Knallertton.
Nov 28, 2017Posted in: Project Workplace
The goal is to make an easy and newb friendly one to three missions of a campaign. I got another map or two I'm currently working on, but I think this idea is worth entering the brain storming phase, and I'd like some feedback/additional ideas.
So far I'm thinking of a terran macro mission. Maybe have a simple respawnable hero unit with one ability. I'm thinking Tychus with shredder grenades.
A special building (maybe a special supply depot) with the following:
1. Periodically generates a small amount of resources. Can be upgraded a few times to produce more.
2. Periodically generates some free units. I'm thinking the defenders of man soldiers that were basically marines. They wouldn't be affected by armor/attack upgrades. And maybe I'd reduce their attack range by one. Each soldier would automatically train one at a time up to a max number per depot. The depot would start only being able to support one free soldier, but could be upgraded individually you support up to 5 free soldiers.
These depots would be limited to like 4 per mission. Not sure if they all would be pre-placed (and invulnerable), or if you would begin with like 2 and then be able to build two more.
The free units would be nice because the new player could move out with them with little risk. They'd also have something to defend their base if they hadn't built any defenses.
Enemy attack waves would be weak...
Might give the marines/marauders/etc an extra point of armor for the player. Just to make things easier.
In addition to the supply depots generating resources (they would generate at a relatively slow rate), there would be 3-4 mineral fields and one geyser at starting base. Probably an expansion.
Maybe get rid of the tech lab, and add barracks upgrades to engineering bay. No tech lab needed for marauders/etc.
Probably make it playable as either 1 or 2 players. So people well versed in sc2 already could potentially get their friends to it. So two bases near each other at start. Extra command center for second player, or empty if no second player. Could start with four of the special supply depots, and they get split between the players.
Maybe just auto give 100 supply, and make it the max.
As for story... those Protoss jerks are trying to run us away from our land and steal our crops on Agria etc etc...
Nov 14, 2017Posted in: General Chat
1. Twice a year: Uncertain. It's possible you may even get a whole new group of people participating. Perhaps there could be different themes. One single player, one co-op for instance. With SC2 there's also the question of whether Bliz will continue rock the cabinet, which is potentially 3 map contests a year. I think it's worth trying, and if submissions are deemed too low, then you can go back to once a year.
2. Crowdfunding: I'm skeptical because I like the idea of a low prize making it a more friendly competitions with less pressure. But I'm open to listening to counter points.
Nov 12, 2017Posted in: General Chat
Felt like doing a playthrough of one of my unfinished never released maps, since it had some neat stuff.
This was a storyline 3rd installment to the Stukov series, but had completely different gameplay.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.