I've got an odd problem: when I try to open my map, which uses the standard Blizzard Warcraft III Assets (not Renee's mod), I'm getting an error that the dependency cannot be found. I tried finding it through the Editor, looking at Blizzard dependencies and I can't find it anywhere.
Any idea of Blizz removed their Warcraft III assets? Or maybe it's just in a different place or something?
i cant find the data 1.0 they made, but the asset is there in (local)
Pitfall: enUS is now forced on as a locale each and every time you open a map. Furthermore enUS will be set to the default language, even if no text exists for it, making it appear as though all your game text has been deleted.
Solution: Switch to enUS as your default locale. I guess there's no fix for this besides Blizzard fixing it themselves.
Edit: Seems like enGB is just gone as a locale?
Edit2: Okay, if you're on enGB like me, follow these steps to get your text back. Do not do anything else.
Go to "Mod" or "Map" dropdown menu. Go to "Locale". "Modify Locales". Now check enUS and press okay. Then open the menu again and uncheck enGB. Now restart the map, and your text should be back. It's important to do this in order or else you'll just lose your text.
don't seem to have this problem, i still have enGB as a locale and there seems to be no text problems
My vespene overlord map seems pretty ok. I switched the genre to Single player now that it's a thing and reuploaded (though I could only upload to NA). Only thing I noticed was the hidden text tags during cinematic mode.
I forgot to ask: did the editorbackup folder save any of your work?
The last backup was from mid-September which has no triggers whatsoever. I was mostly working on abilities and UI at the time. Maybe I deactivated the auto backup, I don't know for sure...
Luckily not ALL of my life work was in there, just the most-recent stuff I had made (and only the trigger map, the modfile is still intact).
Oh well, there are worse things in life, and it looks like there are enough problems to attend to anyways. Just make sure you fix this mess, ok?
Pitfall: Units and commands on terrain height <= 8 "float" above the ground. Shadows are disconnected and move actions don't match cursor location.
Solution: Increase terrain height
Manually increasing terrain height across an entire map is impractical, but it can be directly increased in t3Terrain.xml (change heightMap offset). This creates problems with any objects or doodads which remain at the previous level (ie, underground). I wrote a quick python script to update all objects by a fixed amount; it seems to have worked fine on test maps and an active arcade map, but please feel free to message me if you experience any issues with it.
edit: Just to be explicit, the script is intended to update the "Objects" file.
For people complaining about enUK localization do remember the patch is not fully released yet in Europe (still down for maintenance). As such if you managed to patch you will have done so registered as American and due to the nature of the patch this might have changed you to using enUS as your active localization.
Maintenance is scheduled to conclude at 10 AM GMT which is in 4 hours time. Only then should EU players start patching.
Wow... this patch is a disaster. Some models with global loops doesn't play animation in my previous actor setup (like domination beam impact). I saw some new actor messages for global loop but i'm not sure if i need to use them. The global loop macro doesnt solve the problem too. It seems some old models from Wings of Liberty need to be fixed.
However i found some neat change too. The button tooltip now update properly , so i can use unified tooltip with upgrade value reference formula for all lvl of ability. For example previously if you have a tooltip like "deal dref=effect,damage,amount + dref upgrade,amount" your button didnt update the value in learn submenu as you click on it, the changes were applied only next time you hover the cursor on it. Now it works properly and applying changes immediately after click.