I still don't know if I'm missing something, but I've made a custom "Junker Ghost" wireframe to suit my needs anyway.
Happy to share if anyone else wants it.
I'm designing a hero unit for my campaign project. It is thematically inspired by the Tal'Darim Blood Hunter, and is a Tal'Darim character.
I have come up with the following ideas and would be curious for feedback from others.
Shroud is a targeted area of effect that causes enemy units within to have their sight reduced to 1. If enemies within the Shroud are attacked, they momentarily panic and become Neutral Hostile, attacking any units they can see. Units outside the field are unaffected, because it is intended as a telepathic effect only.
Null Zone is a targeted missile ability that moves slowly toward its target direction, damaging and pushing enemy units passes, until it reaches either a building, cliff edge, or its maximum range, at which point it explodes, dealing damage and pushback. While it is in transit, the caster can hit a button to teleport to its location, causing it to detonate prematurely.
I appreciate any feedback you might have.
Thanks for the reply. I am still a complete amateur when it comes to understanding Actor Events, so that may have been part of the problem.
I think I have found a work-around. Based on another post, which was about allowing a unit to use a Morph Ability while moving, I created a Dummy Ability (Effect-Instant) that issued an order to use the Morph Ability. I unchecked the "Transient Flag" on the Morph ability, and checked both "Transient", "Preempt" and "Allow Movement" on the Effect-Instant Ability. This seems to have fixed it. The unit will now stop momentarily (which I hope to address by reducing the duration of the morph to zero) but then continues on its path. It animates correctly now as well.
I've created an instant morph ability that I wanted the unit to be able to use while moving. I achieved this by ticking the "Transient" flag in the ability.
However, for some reason when the unit has morphed, it continues moving but no longer runs its walking animation. Once it stops moving, its animations start working again just fine.
Has anyone run into this problem before?
Don't apologize for questions, I'm just not sure how helpful I can be.
I've looked again for the map I did it on but it really seems to have gone walkabout on me.
I'll see if I have any luck replicating it in a new one, if so I'll screenshot the trigger and post it here.
In reply to dldydgus95:
The logic behind this trigger is that if it would take longer to path to the player than the distance in a straight line then there is likely a doodad or other terrain obstacle in the way and so the revealer won't be created, since they can't see past that doodad.
I hope this helps. It is just from memory.
Sorry, I should've updated this thread. I did manage to resolve this issue (though I don't quite remember how). When I'm next in the editor I'll figure it out and post again to update. Just in case anyone else tries to do something similar and runs into my problems.
I've been visiting back, from time to time, for a while. Looking at projects that others are beavering away at, helps me keep up the motivation to keep going with my own.
Good luck with college.
I look forward to playing Unsung Rebels one day.
Hi, I'm creating a "point control" system in the data editor that half-works. The problem I'm running into is in the Enumerate Area Validator, which is driving me crazy. What follows may be a bit rambly in places, but that's because I don't really understand what's going on.
What's Working Fine
What's Not Working
The intention is that the Neural Parasite Behaviour should be removed if certain Validators fail. These Validators go in the Validator (Remove) field of the Behaviour.
I have tried to accomplish this with Enumerate Area Validators, based on the FriendliesNearby Validator from the Data Editor.
The FriendliesNearby Validator has been adjusted in the following ways:
The part that works still projects control over the Destructible. However, the Validator seems to be immediately failing as it changes owner for a split second then returns to neutral every time the behaviour projects control, causing it to "flicker" between owners. What is odder still is that the presence of two units successfully asserts and maintains control, but one unit does not.
So my problem is, as far as I can tell, that I can't figure out how to get the Enumerate Area Validator to check to make sure that there are at least one player unit within Radius 3 of the Destructible.
I'm trying to create a basic "Cover System" in my maps using Validators and Behaviours. My goal is to achieve this entirely in Data, because it seems to run more smoothly (especially considering that something that could happen whenever a weapon fires could be taxing if done in triggers).
My thinking is to do the following, but I cannot find how to make it work in the existing validators.
My logic here is that if there is a greater pathing distance than a normal distance, then there is likely an obstacle between them. That obstacle is considered as providing cover.
I cannot figure out how to get Validators to make these checks. I have found the Location Range Validator, which can compare both, but each only to a set Value. I cannot compare these two distances to each other.
A few other questions: