Alright, first problem is solved.
Said unit does have weapon attach points.
Now to make sure the projectile model launch from that specific point.
Here is one example of linking the projectile to the launch point.
I use a Photon Cannon as an example.
1. Open a map [any map is fine].
2. Click on the unit tab [U].
3. At the search tab type photon, scroll until you find the photon cannon
4. At the unit tab, scroll until you find unit weapon, right click and select "view linked weapon".
1. In the weapon tab scroll down and look for the "Photon cannon Attack" and click on it.
2. On the right tab look for "launch attachment query" and double click on it.
3. A new tab will open.
1. In the new tab, click the + icon.
2. In the right tab, search for the name of weapon attach point.
3. A list will pop up, showing all the weapon attach name.
4. Click the one matching the unit's weapon attach point name [or where you want the projectile to launch from].
5. Click ok.
Ok, now you know how to link a weapon projectile to a unit weapon attach point.
Next open your unit's weapon and repeat the process.