InsaneBriefing is a library I've worked on in the past months and it's a library I'm proud to release and I really hope to see it used.
By playing various custom campaign myself, such even as Mass Recall, I always noticed how difficult it was to have a really nice looking briefing that was also easy to implement for mapmakers. And by nice looking, I mean an UI that's a bit more modern and complex than what I've seen so far.
As an engineer, I love to solve this kind of problems, and from that InsaneBriefing has born. Like always, it's a library for mapmakers, so it's something that mapmakers can use to make it easier for them to make maps.
The main features are:
- Modern briefing interface with four portraits
- Support for cancel and start mission with trigger handlers
- Support for play/stop the briefing actions (single player only)
- Support for difficulty choice and customizable difficulty profiles
- Support for different players, up to 16 togheter with different briefings each
- Support for voiceover, beep sound and tooltips for title of the briefing transmission text
- Support for no portrait transmission
- Support for UI customization without changing the core code (just need to extend the right preset)
- Full integration of InsaneTransmission: custom portraits and big preset are available for InsaneBriefing by default
If anyone is interested, it's here for you to see and use.
To download, togheter with my other libraries, refer to this page.
Hope you enjoy.
If there is some glitch or bug please report to me and I'll try to do my best to solve it. Truth is this library is very complex in its structure, and as such some glitch I fear it's almost inevitable.
As a side not, I also announce the release of InsaneUI library.
More a collection of assets than a library, InsaneUI contains some layout templates I used when I was making InsaneBriefing.
It also features an interlude system that allows map makers to create interludes similar to those we've all seen in Brood War or Starcraft Remastered.
The main features are:
- Borders, Buttons and Scrollbars layouts templates and more
- Brood War style interludes
- Starcraft Remastered style interludes
- Support for different players, up to 16 togheter with different interlude each
This library is very easy. If you are interested, more information you can gather here.
The last attachment is an example text generated using this library. Actually, by just 3 actions in the GUI.
Hope you enjoy and, as always, good luck with your mapmaking!