Stranded on Krydon Renewed
Stranded on Krydon Renewed
You have crash landed on the hostile, jungle, infested world of krydon. You and 0-3 other SCVs are the only survivors of the crash. You must gather resources, explore & find abandoned structures to survive Zerg attack waves at night & find a way to escape or Conquer Krydon! Stranded on Krydon Renewed is a renewed version of the original Stranded on Krydon created by Nagnazul. Because I really like Stranded on krydon I decided to create my own.
How to Win
- Win by seeking rescue, finding a way to escape or wait 50 min until the end.
- Avoid the bottom right corner, there are lots of bad guys ready to pounce, only engage when you are ready.
- Explore with scanner towers or flying command centers/resource stockpiles.
- Use your SCV's laser gun (right click)
- Use your SCV to construct defenses against nightly Zerg assaults.
- Scout for resources during the day. Minerals gas and hatcheries are auto-generated.
- Escape or conquer Krydon before you are overwhelmed.
- Once your SCV runs out of HP you have 60 seconds left before or die (you will lose unless there are other players that are not dead) unless SCV is repaired/healed by any means.
- Find Protoss outpost and get the probe (it can: teleport across map, build some Protoss structures, the structures can build a powerful Protoss army)
- Kill all Zerg hives and hatcheries on map! (Advantage: fun and no more attack waves)
- Find factory (it can: build MULEs with no timed life to mine minerals).
- Find fusion core (required to build big berthas)
Future Plans & Known Glitches:
- Fixing bugs/glitches/lag fixes
- Basically done everything I want to
- Starcraft rarely crashes when leaving the map.
Stranded on Krydon Renewed has the same game mechanics as the original but has much more detail (doodads, terrain features). (link for original SoK: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/resources/project-workplace/14896-release-stranded-on-krydon/#posts) Nagnazul said this " First off, some bad news:
"I won't be working on Stranded On Krydon anymore.
Now, some good news:
I've opened up Stranded On Krydon for modifications. If you want to open up the map, see how it was done and modify it; go right ahead. Want to tune the difficulty? Go for it. Want to continue developing the game and adding feature? Be my guest. Want to turn it into a completely different game? You can."
- Nagnazul for making the original map His website: here, Battle.net forum: here, Mapster website: here
- Intanjir for making a modified version which is less laggy and faster
- Everyone who has given me feedback, for giving me feedback
- Bilxor for letting me use some assets from his campaign
- Thrikodias for assets (banelord, stone zealot, and more)
- Bilxor/CybrosX CybrosX for making the assets for Bilxor's campaign and Bilxor for letting me use them. (Cool SVC and science facility landing hologram)
- herdal8 for the team colour version of korhal antenna (scanner tower)
- alleyviper85 for the team coloured restorer and the restorer placement model.
- Jayborino for Video 1 Video here (old)
-> Video 2 here (I don't remember why I did the whole caps lock thing, and yes I am embarrassed by it):
- Thank you Deltron for his Video: