Hey, I've got a project I'd like to share, which greatly streamlines the process of writing layouts for SC2.
Visual Studio Code extension introducing support for SC2Layout language.
More about its feature set:
VSC marketplace: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=talv.sc2layouts
1. Is Visual Studio Code free?
Yes, it's completely free and open source. It should not be mistaken with Microsoft Visual Studio which is entirely different product.
Visual Studio Code is a lightweight but powerful source code editor which runs on your desktop and is available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
2. How long does initial setup take?
About 5 minutes, maybe less :)
- Install VSCode from https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Install SC2Layout extension from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=talv.sc2layouts
- Save your map files as ".SC2Components".
- Open map folder in editor as new workspace.
- You're set!