Thank you for reporting these bugs Gr3v3n, it helps me a lot. The lvl 26 to instant lvl 35 is a known bug, and I have seen that those two bosses have 1 hp myself once. I will do my best to fix it right away.
On your request I have already updated the drop-system so bosses have a greater chance of dropping loot (it doesn't have to be good loot though)
It's true you can only start from the beginning on both hard & insane mode. This is due to both those difficulties have a much slower curve of getting harder than normal mode. The last units on hard mode have 10 times the damage of some of the first units, on insane mode they hardly have double the power of the first units.
People keep PM'ing me about the map, I dunno if they see this topic or not, but here is the answer to your question:
The map is not being updated before after patch 1.5.0, unless Blizzard fails miserable again as they have done lately and the patch is worth shitz. If it is a decent patch an update for the map will be available shortly after release of 1.5.0.
Thanks, about the whole pet thing, there is a big change in the works where you will actually be able to choose a variety of pet's like the wolf, some can take damage and are not invulnerable. One works as a tank almost.
As a bonus I first did made it possible and viable to use more than one spirit-pet, so you can eventually fill up all your 6 spell-slots with animals to help you. Even though this might not be the strongest build it is definitively is possible and a lot of fun :)
I am doing my absolute best to keep data safe from version to version, but I cannot tell you already if the current data will make it to release, but I will do my best :)
On another node, I am in the works of designing a story and the terrain for an open world with multiple maps. Will this be "Corruption ORPG"? Only Blizzard knows.. I will need the possibility to go from map to map :(
A great update is in the works where I plan to fix all current bugs, a ton are already fixed, but please help me further by reporting every bug you may encounter in the current version. PM me or write in this developper thread.
-The new version will improve overall performance by optimizing some performance-heavy triggers, but without reducing their quality.
-Some new spell-types have been added and made as a foundation for more to come.
-All objectives have been rewritten and improved.
-A new dialog is showed before the intro cinematic where you can choose which Objective you would like to start from.
-Warp prisms unlocked doesn't save anymore, but objectives now does.
-A new dungeon have been added.
-A new end-game boss have been unlocked, but is not 100% complete just yet.
-Many areas have been rebalanced to make progress more steady.
-A new system makes it possible for me to modify individual unit's base damage. Meaning that some units of the same type might deal more or less damage from area to area.
@mizmizmiz, thanks a lot for all your bugs and suggestions, I have already fixed multiple of them for my local version, supposedly hitting battle-net sometimes next week.
Here are a few things as a fast answer to some of your suggestions:
- Bosses and balanced alright, but not decent compared to many other maps, this is certainly something that will see huge improvement over time.
- Spirit Hunter animal will not receive a simple +damage buff as 33% overall extra damage is pretty huge already, I will thought give the animal itself some special abilities, as well as adding more spirit-beast spells to the spirit hunter, each with different abilities.
- I am working on making the map more open, this might take a while though, as a lot of planing goes into expanding areas.
- I am a little confused about your statement on auto-attacks not working? To my knowledge they work like the standard, or do you mean theres no way to attack-move to points?
- By pressing esc a few times, you can enter the map-menu, where you can choose to show "score", all kinds of competitive stats are showed there, but it is something that will also see an update to both features and its UI
- Quests are a little bugged at the moment, I am looking into fixing most of these in the next build
@kainonfire, Thanks for the kind words :) I certainly dont want any people left out. It will not happen right away, but with the next big update I will try find someone to post it on SEA as well. Stay tunes, it will come!
Quote from zenx1:
I tested it on single player. So here we go
The intro of the game is weird. There is nothing to it. You just spawn on random forrest and are pratically given no goal nor any info whats going on.
The quests are extremely hard to follow. The subtitle text is very hard to read on the varying backround and mostly it feels like there is nothing interesting to it. Also Its extremely hard to say who is saying what...
Night/day cycle is cool but I dislike the overly bright day or whatever it was...
Where can I see my exp???
Fighting against monsters feels quite bad. Without autoattack I felt its so hard to target those small and fast zerglings. Also some spells felt like they do nothing (the poison sting) I would want more impact on spells and improved targeting...and sometimes the units are at angle where you cannot click them, that means you cannot cast spells!!!!
I sort of liked the spell UI. Simple to use and swap spells, I might even consider modifying my own spellbooks to something similar since it felt nice.
Terrain was nice.
Avoid using lame clishes. It might be fine to give missions that evil has invaded the world and you are hero. But using lines like "I hate banelings, they are like deadly green land mines" feels like super lame husky reference and even if its isnt, its pretty obvious thing....
Thank you, some very good points there and I agree with most. You pointed out some parts of the map that is from the early ages when I was just sketching things up, and I am in the process of recreating everything to my new standard.
The whole combat-system might even get a major update soon :)
Certainly some things I will work on right away
For those interested, a new major update has been publicly released today:
There's a ton of changes, some of the biggest are:
- A trade system (drop an item on another player to initiate)
- New spellbook UI
- Spells that require a target-point have been remade so that it fires instaltly if a hot-key is pressed
- A new area with a boss, Queens Lair (can you find it?)
- A Yes/No window have been added to many events, to make sure you don't delete heroes, drop epic items etc. by misclick
- Spell-sockets are unlocked at level 2, 5, 8, 12, 17. Instead of all at level 0
- Overall difficulty modified
- XP-gain decreased in single-player but now scales 100% to the amount of players playing
Of cause there are bugs to be found, so I would really appreciate if you post them in this thread or send me a Private Message. Thank you so far for all your feedback people :)
I am currently doing some major changes to the map in all categories (UI, game-play, abilites etc.). Because of the size of these changes and the bugs they are ment to bring with them, they will not be released on the public map. I will do all testing privately on Bnet, but I still need people to help me test these new changes in multiplayer.
Send me a PM if you would like to help test.
Thank you :)
yet another update released now. It brings bug fixes, visual improvements, minor spell-modifications, new content and a few new systems. I hope you all enjoy.
@joecab: As long as Blizzard improve the system at some point, hopefully with HotS, I am okay with it. As long as this map is still in heavy development (new systems, story and content being added all the time) it is okay with me that it is not as popular as it might be diserving compared to other maps our there. When I hear about an upcoming change to the custom-map-system, I will do my best to fix it up quickly for a full release :)
- Just to keep things fun for the full release, I might add a beta-blocker somewhere in the map to keep some of the content new when I release the first non-beta version.
A new build has been uploaded after a long time. The long time has been mostly used for thoughts about which game-mechanics to add/remove to improve the map. Some of these have been implamented, here is a short list from the top of my head:
- Difficulty option removed.
- Standard difficulty increased, mainly as you progress.
- XP-gain has been lowered a bit.
- Item drop-chance has been decreased significantly for all items, some more than others.