You want the best Training Ground?
"The Sandbox" should do it for you. All SC2 units, upgrades and buildings are instantly available on a wide open sandy terrain with ramps and bases. Also 45 predefined micro challenges awaiting you. Relatively few buttons grant you a great variety of possibilities.
Play in The Sandbox solo or 1v1 with a friend:
- Find hard counters to any unit composition
- Test different upgrade variations
- Practice new unit compositions against random armies
- Micro against a working tactical AI
- Outmicro mirror armies
- Hold ramps of all kinds
- Plan your base build
- Defend your mineral line
- Practice drops
- Play predefined micro challenges
- Invent your own challenges
You are not in the mood for competitive starcraft? Go play in The Sandbox, explore and improve.
What is better in The Sandbox?
I know, there are some good Unit Tester and Micro Trainer around, but "The Sandbox" is the next step in the evolution of the training grounds, I think.
- The terrain has some real base locations with natural expansions (extracted from actual ladder maps).
- You can display not just the army cost, but also the upgrades cost and the buildings cost.
- You can build anything instantly with tool units or like usual (build a worker...)
- I put a lot of work in the random armies, so you just press the random button and have fun.
- The tactical AI uses abilities and is not too bad.
- You can create and save your own challenges.
- And I hope you like the style.
- EU: "The Sandbox" (upload by dingoo)
- NA: "The Sandbox [by dingoo]" (upload by phoenix)
- SEA: "The Sandbox (SEA)" (upload by Akinokaze)
- KR: ?
- CN: ?
(Can anybody upload it on other servers?)
The Sandbox Lessons: