Start up a civilization from the stone age to the future (beta/alpha atm)
I'm back in action and am now working on Age of Man again after the new SC2 update and there's a new Age of Man update on the way too!
What to expect from the new update:
Just letting people know as I know everyone thinks this map is dead and thank you to Nightkiller for giving me the little nudge I needed to pick the map back up and give it CPR
terrazine is gotten from allocating population points to economy on the pop overview and is currency not bronze
the harsh limit is there in order to stop worker rushes which were common when the limit was removed
btw to anyone that wants to just contact me on SC2 this weekend if you want to join in on some multiplayer tests before the next version comes out to make sure bugs are squashed
something seems wrong with the bronze/terrazine minerals... and what is up with the harsh limit on workers?
I actually just rewrote all the research code and am going to do the same for the dialog code so it's easy to edit
as of now the new system only requires the change of a couple numbers and it creates new research items(in the code not data)
For some reason I tried the animal models and others from WoW but I couldn't get them to work without a spam of errors :( (maybe I'm doing something wrong I dont know)
It's been a while. :3 things should get more exciting with the release of the new HOTS editor. Creating custom UI shuld be a breeze. PM me if you need me to help with anything specific. I trust that you have found the animal models on the Wow thread on the site.
I am finally back to working on this map!
This first update doesnt add anything new but is instead fixing the old code to make it easier to work with and to alleviate lag and bug issues wherever possible.
Updating the map and fixing bugs atm so that i can add it to the 1.5 list and see what happens
the changes will be-
I have just update the map with a couple changes to the unit training system, specifically to balance out and clear the ancient age.
@Bruce3210: Nothing? Have you tried checking your workers? They should be upgraded. Then build a keep to advance into the Medieval Age proper.
when i do research feudalism, nothing happens at all.
For Hassan32- I would need some1 to post it on the EU server as im on the NA server.
For Bruce thank you, but it should adavance you once you get feudalism though. Ill look into what the problem is i guess.
Is it on EU? if it isnt when will it be released?
hey this game is great, i wish more people played it. but i do have one question, when can we advance past classical age?!?!?!? im dieing to!
im also hopefully fixing the animal spam problem that happens in areas where there are no players along with making spawns of animals based on animal population in an area, where u can now exterminate all the animals in an area to stop their spawn
ty for the huge list of bugs, was just in a game and saw many of them, so I'm fixing them right now.
Hah new list of bugs for you at long last:
- Assault ability has discrepancies in numbers: Description says sacrifice 5% hp, cost says 50%
- Assault ability does no damage (tested only on own buildings, so may be inaccurate)
- Buttons on pop overview (Economic, Entertainment, Military) are skewed to the right somewhat.
- Of particular note is the Entertainment "minus" (-) button, which overlaps with the Military "Plus" (+)
- Research, when started while another research is in progress, cancel out previous research (as intended) but do not refund the cost of the previous research as if you had used the "Cancel Research" Button.
- Research buttons do not grey out while they are being researched - can result in restarting research by accident. Combined with the above bug, a lot of money can be lost by repeatedly clicking one research button
- Mace upgrade (Axeman) references damage to Psionic, but not Mounted (which Psionic represents)
- Capital City (Classical) build button lacks description (Button/Tooltip/Nexus2 is what appears)
- Spearman does not display an armor next to the "Spear" weapon, so movespeed and armor cannot be checked at any time.
- Composite Bowman build button lacks description (Button/Tooltip/Hydralisk2)
- Diplomacy menu, once opened, cannot be closed
- Siege Mode/Tank Mode buttons on catapults still have original SC2 descriptions
- Deploying a catapult does not switch model to the siege mode tank.
- Transforming back to tank mode duplicates the Tank Mode tank model
- Make currency easier to accumulate; the new upkeep system, combined with the classical feature that all units now cost currency (and also virtually all research) makes it difficult to get good amounts of currency to do much before many cities are built and population accumulates. Increase income on currency to 2 or 3 per person on Economic.
- Make upgrading Feudalism require that you have at least one city; it is feasible to upgrade to Feudalism with only the capital right now, where the revolt destroys the capital and you have no cities (and thus no place to put more cities unless you save for a colony)
Age of Man is getting very complex... I will give it a run next weekend if my memory holds.
The new research system is in!
Also added Assault ability to infantry, allowing them to destroy buildings at cost of health and changed the amount of food provided by farms in order to get ready for the new farm and season system that will be put in soon
Ok then, let me know when it is working again.
the new music and the icons broke with the damned new patch :(
I am currently working on research bars for the techs which will take some time