I'm getting into music, but I still need a ton of work. Let me know what you guys think: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMh0jEEDU3qyOxxwddzdcg
- Curse Premium
Member for 9 years and 8 months
Last active Sun, Jun, 24 2018 16:15:45
- 1 Follower
- 538 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 30, 2017Posted in: General Chat
should zeratul have been the protagonist? that would've changed up the story a lot but I was expecting a zertaul story. Nobody knew anything bout artsy Artanis before this game and the lotv story seemed a bit like an anime plot especially the epilogue, even tho it worked.
Nevermind ghat, at least selendis had some minor roles in prior games, dunno bout hots but definitely wol. I mean in the Utter Darkness mission zeratul was the one unifiying the Protoss not artanis so it didn't make sense to me at firstNo. Zeratul ranting about prophecies, crystals and the end of days for an entire campaign would have been painful and cringeworthy. He's an assassin and adventurer that's been gone for 4 years. Artanis is the politician and he's more suited to unifying factions.
Dec 4, 2016gradius1160 posted a message on Best computer/rig to buy/build to use galaxy (for a movie)Posted in: General Chat
The most important thing IMO is getting the fastest solid state drive out there. Waiting for assets/maps/editor to load is the biggest waste of time when it comes to development, and the editor is already slow as shit.
Sep 30, 2016Posted in: Team Recruitment
Quote from GlornII: Go
What specifically do you need help with to finish your project? I've never done campaign style stuff, but if you need something within my abilities, I will give it a shot.
Pretty much just general triggering work, balancing, playtesting, etc. The stuff that takes forever pretty much...
Sep 28, 2016Posted in: Art Assets
Quote from MaskedImposter: Go
Just wondering, what are your favorite custom unit models that are downloadable here on SC2Mapster?
These are by far the most superior: https://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/gradius-assets/
But that's just my opinion. :P
Sep 28, 2016Posted in: Project Workplace
Quote from Zarxiel93: Go
I write that during a moment of rage and... sick (not sure if this word is the best since I'm italian...). Btw at least a warning or something like "WARNING IN THIS POST WILL BE PHOTOS OF WORMS... BLA BLA BLA"
You're not posting on a forum of mind readers. The responsibility isn't for other people to magically predict your worm phobia, it's for you to stay off the internet, or at least discussions about modeling worm-like creatures.
Sep 28, 2016gradius1160 posted a message on Bi-Weekly Testing Thread #10: (Campaign) Origins by Gradius12Posted in: Map Review
Trieva. Couple points.
1) I understand, my maps won't be accessible to the average gamer with little patience or attention span, but that's not my target audience. That's why on the project page I put that this is an experimental campaign due to its focus on environmental challenges over that of AI. Yes, most battle.net gamers aren't going to get into it. If I lose a player because he walked into lava and restarting is too much investment on his part, I'm cool with that.
2) Coding an entire reset as a safety net is great, sure. I actually did it in the first map of my last campaign, but don't have time to do it now. That's why I'm still asking for development help. I'm not even sure I'll be able to finish all the maps, so stuff like this gets sent lower on the priority list.
3) I feel like feedback should be limited to things I can actually fix. StarCraft 2 does not let the map maker create an auto save. Period. The save trigger that's in the editor is a Blizzard only function. I also wish that players couldn't disable tips so that I could get information across to them, but that's not possible either, and when I get more time I have to work on a different way to teach players. Recreating the entire tip system in the UI would be great and whoever wants to help me with that, step right on up. :P
4) Let's be real, complaining about having to restart after walking into lava is like throwing out Call of Duty after getting killed by your first sniper. Literally every FPS game I've played has thrown surprises at me where I have to restart at some point. It does suck that SC2 has obscene load times though.
5) You've still left good feedback and I've changed several things. Not having clear objectives for the first part of map 1 was definitely a huge mistake that I can't believe I somehow overlooked. I hope you take a look at the rest of the maps when the project is more polished, because obviously I'm still interested in seeing how a giant chunk of the battle.net audience will experience the map.
(Blizz's coop vermillion problem does a better job of lava warning)
That's actually my least favorite co op map by far, and Vermillion is extremely annoying. My philosophy is that dialog should be used for story, not explaining gameplay. In an early version I had a warning sound for the lava rising, but Defiler told me to take it out because it was annoying, which I agree with. So it makes it harder to notice, but for this reason I made the enemy bases very easy to smash.
Sep 28, 2016Posted in: General Chat
Quote from GlornII: Go
We had a short discussion about this in team genesis chat, and am curious as to what people think. This thread is in no way an insult to custom campaigns, it is a face value question.
Looking at the maps page, the majority of active projects are campaigns. Looking at the project page, the majority are campaigns. Feedback thread? Campaigns.
My personal thoughts: many prominent members of the community who had in the past worked on maps with the goal of high popularity were dissapointed, and have moved on to other platforms. Many campaigns cannot be played on the arcade, so they are exempt from this issue. In hopes of a rtc contest this year, people have kept their projects under wraps. Rtc only allows a single map, so it is unlikely a full campaign will be used in rtc.
As there are no campaign creators in tg, we have a 1 sided viewpoint. Just curious what the rest of the community thinks about this.
1) Easy to make. Doesn't require complex triggering or data knowledge.
2) It's a very rewarding creative pursuit. You're transferring a world with characters you created into a SC2 map, and hundreds of other strangers you've never met will experience the world you created.
3) There are high quality campaigns out there that inspire others. People will play something like Perfect Soldiers or the SC2 campaigns and think "this is awesome, I could make something like this."
Sep 27, 2016Posted in: Team Recruitment
Quote from DEFILERRULEZ: Go
SC2 is slowly decaying... Good luck on finding help... I can't help because other than feedback and ideas i can't give nothing on data/triggering/cutscenes
That's what I'm thinking. I might just put the project on indefinite postponement.
Sep 23, 2016Posted in: Artist Tavern
Quote from GhostNova91: Go
I also just uploaded a quick video showcasing some of the classic units I'm making for a return to the SC1 style of things.
That's insane. I've never seen models like that that are virtually replicas of SC1 sprites.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.