Wait, but the unit being moved is the same that can upgrade... itself? sounds like a really specific bug that could, possibly, be very easily fixed with validators for the upgrade buttons, just don't show them while the unit is upgrading, or force the uncommandable flag via behaviours.
- Registered User
Member for 6 years, 10 months, and 12 days
Last active Mon, Dec, 26 2016 09:11:29
- 0 Followers
- 40 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Oct 22, 2014Posted in: General Chat
And don't be lazy, describe whats in each map, maybe with some personal commentary as to what you were aiming for in each map or what you liked/disliked about it, so that people know what to expect and which map they may like/dislike. Never "just" upload something without adding a little context.
Feb 11, 2013Posted in: Map Suggestions/Requests
I'm having some issues with the implementation of a hero's ability and i'm wondering if anyone here knows of a cleaner/clever way to deal with it. The problem in question is that the hero (Egon Stetmann) doesn't have an attack, rather he employs two bots to shot down enemies and help him heal allies. The idea is that the bots are two separate untargetable and uncommandable units with their own set of abilities.
I managed to make a simple working AI using Ultimaswc3's behavior tutorial which worked well, but i don't know how to make it so both the bots and the hero share the level and stats which is crucial with leveling heroes, and the way this work makes adding additional order chains a little confuse.
In short Ultimaswc3's method is to link the caster to the spawned units through the casting of the ability, which gives the spawned units a behavior that order them to attack/defend/follow the caster until the end of times.
I set it up so that when the hero spawns, he also spawns 2 of these bots, with the above implementation the hero is the caster and the two bots are both target of the spell and source of the order calls, but after the spawn the hero loses the link (caster who to follow) with the bots, and i'm unable to give any additional order chains to the bots.
Any brilliantly obvious idea or thing i'm missing?
Jan 15, 2013Posted in: Map Suggestions/Requests
Well this was disappointing, of the two sites just one person contacted me...
Anyway we'll be working on the project and it'll probably take a lot of time to have something to show, but i'll keep updating this, in case anyone wants to jump in the project.
Jan 9, 2013Posted in: Map Suggestions/Requests
Though I'd just joined (but i'm not new to the forum, i've learned a lot form here), instead of introducing myself i'll just gonna go ahead and present you all a new project!
You may know a map called Special Forces Elite 4, it is currently in the first page of the US Arcade, the map is fun although somewhat buggy and with a tendency to lag horrible. Lately the development of said map has seemingly stopped and Jason, the current developer, hasn't given any signals to keep going on, so rather than waiting up i decided to try and recruit a team and make a new version, keeping what is fun and improving what can be improved.
(this is just a copy from the original thread in Battle.Net). Some of the changes i want to make are:
- Hero Roles: every hero will have a clear role, like Tank, Support, Assassin, etc.
- Hero Abilities: will be more "normalized", everyone will have a core, passive and 3 active abilities rather than a bunch of abilities half cooked.
- Enemy Heroes: Will try to hold the advance and push it back, every one will be unique.
- Revamped Buff system: No more 16 buffs. Less, more powerful, buffs much like Ace, tougher to get and more rewarding.
- Enemy Buildings: More varieties, more randomness and 3 tiers, each further away spawning more powerfull units.
- Enemy and Player Upgrades: Two kinds of upgrades, basic stats upgrades are automated and increases over time, researched by buildings, so they can be stopped (zerg and player alike) and unit tech (stimpacks, concussive shells, hero tech, etc.).
- Enemy units: less units overall, more powerful, alleviating lag but still making it challenging.
- Base building: More meaningful, active and rewarding, not just waiting for the money to come in.
- And more, of course...
Is going to be hard work, and although i'm currently unemployed i'll still need help, so that why i'm posting this, to look for people who can help me, specially in the data editor, as i can manage myself around the trigger editor. I've already starting working on it, i have the hero selection (trigger) and spawning mechanics (data) ready.
I did work as a game designer (my last job, actually) so i'll like the project to be as organized as possible, that means that no work will be done unless you and i have accepted and agreed upon it, and there is a clear finish date, also i'll provide whatever design document might be needed so you can focus on the work you do best (of course any ideas or improvements are welcomed).
If you want to be part of the project, PM or email me for further tidying up!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.