What is this?
"Amber Sun" is the follow-up to the "Crimson Moon" campaign. It continues the story over the course of 10 missions. Featuring high quality terrain, recurring characters, new characters and top-of-the-shelf story-telling, the campaign will take you to many places, including dead cities, shallow water grounds, heavily guarded installations, fogged fields, and perhaps even locations you might remember from the previous installment. The emphasis on gameplay originality is higher than ever, with little overlap between missions. Hopefully the maps will both challenge and entertain you.
- Rescue colonists while battling an invading enemy.
- Destroy cooling towers to divert one enemy to another in a three-way battle.
- Escape a guarded penitentiary using caution and stealth.
- Escort an APC through dead city streets.
- Hunt overlords in a competition set in shallow water streets.
- Hold out against invisible infested terrans, using EMPs to uncloak them.
- Escape the enemy by blasting open an escape route through cliffs.
- Hunt down enemy APCs whilst unpowering bridges to lenghten their pathways.
- Command an air force task unit and take the battle to the enemy in the skies.
- Hold your own against a superior boss in a multi-part climactic fight.
- Infiltrate a base in a mission that features an advanced stealth system.
How to play
- Download the file on your computer, and unzip.
- The maps should be placed in a folder named "Amber Sun" in the "Maps" folder. If the placement is wrong, the maps won't connect.
- No mod is required.
- When starting the campaign, use the mission launcher, which lets you choose which mission you want to play (note: the mission launcher has not yet been created, so just start the first map).
- The Overlord Hunt
- The Khaal-Ro
- A Rose With Thorns
- Breeding Ground
- On the Roof of the World
- Assassins in the Fog
- Back to Square One
Three demos, featuring missions 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 respectively, are now available for download!
In addition to using selections from Blizzard's excellent soundtrack for Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm, I've also chosen some tracks from other soundtracks and albums. Some appear several times, but here they are, in the order they appear in the game:
- "Morton" by Ennio Morricone, from "Once Upon a Time in the West".
- "Forced Hand" by Nobuko Toda/Shuichi Kobori/Kazuma Jinnouchi, from "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots".
- "La Corsa" by Luis Bacalov, from "Django".
- "Arsenal Gear" by Harry Gregson-Williams, from "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty".
- "Cavern" by KCEJ, from "Metal Gear Solid".
- "Second Chance" by Mark Morgan, from "Fallout".
- "Metallic Monks" by Mark Morgan, from "Fallout".
- "Road to Chicago" by Thomas Newman, from "Road to Perdition".
To be announced.
- 7 comments
- Date created
- Apr 14, 2013
- Last update
- Jun 22, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Recent files