Starcraft: Mass Recall
Ever wanted to donate to support Mass Recall?
Donate to help the people of Ukraine instead.
StarCraft: Mass Recall
StarCraft: Mass Recall (SCMR) is a project that recreates the classic StarCraft and Brood War gameplay as well as the entire single-player campaigns within the StarCraft II engine. StarCraft: Mass Recall contains 68 maps, 59 from the original StarCraft/Brood War game, 3 that were hidden or deleted on various StarCraft supports, and 6 from the 1998 demo campaign.
You need to have StarCraft II installed in order to play the Mod. StarCraft II is free-to-play, you can download the game client from the StarCraft II Official Game Site.
Also check out:
- our project thread at TeamLiquid forums
- a commentated playthrough by Jayborino (v6.x, hard difficulty)
- a playthrough by professional StarCraft II player Crank (HotS version, hard difficulty)
- story and cutscenes video series / playthrough by Executor Nral (v8)
Do not hesitate to leave feedback or suggestions in the comment section below.
We hope you all enjoy playing StarCraft: Mass Recall!
- The StarCraft: Mass Recall - Team
“Ah, Executor! En Taro Adun! It is good to see you once more upon the field of battle.” – Fenix
FRIENDLY DISCLAIMER: This Mod and all campaign files are free. This means, all who work on Mass Recall are putting their free time into an incredibly comprehensive remaster of all of StarCraft and Brood War, including entirely new custom campaigns such as the Stukov Series and Enslavers Redux. Thus, there should be absolutely no expectations that bug fixes or new features will be released in any sort of timely manner. This is a "we'll get to it when we get to it" situation. Please be aware the modders here have work lives, family lives, and simply do not have the energy to maintain a lively work cycle to keep the Mod 100% up to date. We do promise we will release updates when we feel they are ready to be released. We hope that you understand our position on this.
“Receiving incoming transmission…” – Adjutant
December 29th, 2021
The Spanish (EU) localization of StarCraft: Mass Recall (version 8.0.1) is now available!
The first major redesign of our project page is now live!
StarCraft: Mass Recall is done for the foreseeable future. Have fun!
You can find all essential files that are required in order to play StarCraft: Mass Recall, as well as the Bonus campaign Enslavers Redux in the "Downloads" section below!
Note that the Cinematics addon has not changed. If you have the latest Cinematics addon already installed, do not replace it with the file included with StarCraft: Mass Recall v8.0, this is just a "dummy" file in case you're not using the addon.
“This is kind of exciting for me.” – Sarah L. Kerrigan
StarCraft: Mass Recall 7.0 Trailer #2
StarCraft: Mass Recall 7.0 Preview Trailer #`1
“ACCESSING CONFEDERATE NETWORK >” – Confederate Network
Current Version: 8.0.1
Localizations (one of these required):
- SCMR Localization v8.0.0 English
- SCMR Localization v8.0.1 Deutsch
- SCMR Localization v8.0.1 Español (EU)
- SCMR Localization v8.0.0 Español (Latino)
- SCMR Localization v8.0.1 Polski (includes Polish localization of the Stukov Series + Enslavers Redux)
- SCMR Localization v8.0.0 Русская
SCMR Cinematics Pack (Recommended)
Enslavers Redux Bonus campaign (Recommended)
- SCMR v8.0.1 Extra Campaign - Enslavers Redux - English
- SCMR v8.0.0 Extra Campaign - Enslavers Redux - Русская
- SCMR v8.0.1 Extra Campaign - Enslavers Redux - Spanish
To install the SCMR Cinematics Pack if you've already run the installer without it, replace the "SCMRcinematics" file in your "Mods" folder with the one in the cinematics pack download. Similarly, if you have already downloaded the English Localization Mod but wish to change languages to one of the above supported versions, replace the "SCMRlocal" Mod file in your "Mods" folder with the respective language you wish to use.
If you've played previous versions of StarCraft: Mass Recall, for a clean installation it is recommended you delete any previous StarCraft: Mass Recall-related folders or ZIP-Archives from your StarCraft II installation directory, and delete or rename the SCMR.SC2Bank file in (Documents)/StarCraft II/Banks.
Older versions and localizations
- Chinese Localization v6.2.1:
- SCMR Localization v6.2.1 International Subtitles (including Chinese)
The Chinese Localization v6.2.1 of StarCraft: Mass Recall is also hosted on the Chinese cloud-service by Baidu. There you can also find a comprehensive installation guide in Chinese to properly install this localization. To get to the required files and the installation guide follow this link here.
- French Localization v6.2.1:
- Korean Localization v7.1.0:
SCMRlocal changes from v7.3 to v8.0, provided by 628w
“Uh... how do you work this damn thing?” – Marine
(for Windows, if you're using Mac follow the manual installation guide below)
For a fresh auto-install please carefully follow these steps:
1. Download the SCMR installer and the required files (see the "Downloads" section above).
2. Move all downloaded ZIP-Files and unzip the installer to your StarCraft II installation directory. The default path to it is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\".
3. Run the installer.
4. After SCMR is successfully installed, use the shortcut on your Desktop to run SCMR.
Auto install video guide by DeltronLive
Note that this is for an older version, just make sure you have all the latest required files specified in the "Downloads" section above, otherwise the process is the same.
If auto-install fails and/or you would like to manually install SCMR, please carefully follow these steps:
1. Download the required file sets (see the "Downloads" section above). For StarCraft: Mass Recall to work properly you need to download the Campaign Maps - that are bundled with the Main Mod (SCMRmod) and a "dummy" Cinematics Mod (SCMRcinematics) - as well as the Assets Mod (SCMRassets) and a Localization Mod (SCMRlocal).
2. Then extract all ZIP-Files to a folder of your choice. The extracted folder should look like graphic  below.
3. Now, open your StarCraft II installation directory where the StarCraft II.exe (WIN) or .app (MAC) is located. Per default this is on your primary C: drive under "Program Files (x86)" (WIN) or "Applications" (MAC). The standard paths to the StarCraft II installation directory are shown below.
Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II"
Mac OSX: "Macintosh HD/Applications/StarCraft II"
The StarCraft II installation directory should look similar to graphic  below. Note that you may need to create the "Maps" folder here if it does not already exist. Then move the folder called "Starcraft Mass Recall" (with lowercase "c") from the extracted folder to the "Maps" folder within your StarCraft II installation directory. The "Maps" folder should now look like graphic  below.
4. Next, move the "Mods" folder from the extracted folder into the StarCraft II installation directory (the same place as the "Maps" folder). Your "Mods" folder should now have four Mod files and resemble graphic  above.
5. While your newly placed "Starcraft Mass Recall" folder within the "Maps" folder should now look like graphic  below.
Other (older) manual installation guides:
- Step-by-step Installation Guide (English)
- Installations-Handbuch (Deutsch)
Alternative ways to play
If the above doesn't work for you, first and foremost make sure that:
- you have all the necessary files in the right directories
- you've set the correct paths for the shortcut
- you're running the latest version of StarCraft II
Alternative way to play without the shortcut:
- locate SC2Switcher.exe in the Support folder (your StarCraft II installation directory)/Support
- locate the SCMR Campaign Launcher file in (your StarCraft II installation directory)/Maps/Starcraft Mass Recall
- drag and drop the SCMR Campaign Launcher file to SC2Switcher.exe
If you wish to play while logged on to Battle.net, you will need to take the following steps:
- Launch StarCraft II using the Battle.net launcher
- Alt-tab to Desktop
- Launch StarCraft: Mass Recall using the created shortcut
Note that you can still save and load any SCMR map, as long as you're logged in.
Bonus Campaign - Enslavers Redux Installation
ZIP Download - https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-mass-recall/files/3246278
This file includes a new 30-mission extra bonus campaign "Enslavers Redux" by OmegaWeaponX! This series contains 4 episodes, with 9 unique maps per Terran, Protoss, and Zerg races, with 3 epilogue maps. Content and story is based on the original Enslavers custom maps in StarCraft and Dark Vengeance maps in Brood War. Features brand new dialog and story, missions, and enhanced heroes with their own level-up mechanics! Learn what happens between the major StarCraft episodes and the events leading up to StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty!
While this custom campaign can be played stand-alone by opening up the unique Enslavers Redux Campaign Launcher and launching missions from there, it is also integrated into Mass Recall via the "Extras" menu. In order to load it properly in for the Mass Recall Launcher to work with this campaign, follow these instructions:
- Download the above ZIP-file containing Enslavers Redux
- Go into your StarCraft II folder -> SCMR Mass Recall -> Extras:
- Within Extras, place your ZIP-file, then uncompress it there. You should have a folder that says 8. Enslavers Redux. It should look like this now:
- You've got Enslavers Redux installed! Now from the SCMR Campaign Launcher go to Extras and click on the Enslavers Redux menu panel. You can launch any mission from here or open the Enslavers Redux Campaign Launcher and launch missions from there!
Please note - This campaign has no unique audio for voices and as such it is required that subtitles are enabled in order to actually read what transmissions are saying :)
“Come, stand here. You need to see this.” – Gerard DuGalle
- Terran SCMR Models
- Zerg SCMR Models
- Protoss SCMR Models
- Faction Model List Options
- Cheat Codes
“I swear it's always some damn thing.” – Joeyray
Make sure to check out the auto install and manual install video guides also linked above. The end result in these videos is the same, regardless of install method.
Also make sure you're using an up-to-date version of StarCraft II.
- Param/Value/-Error: If lots of texts are like that, you may have a problem with your Mods: Delete SCMRmod and SCMRlocal, and re-download them from the links above. If it is only one or two lines (say, a mission objective), report it in the comments section (in that case, please specify which language you are playing in).
- Dependency cannot be loaded: The Mods are not at the proper place. Check that you have put your Mods (SCMRmod, SCMRassets and SCMRlocal) in the "Mods" folder, as on the pictures above.
- Unable to load map: Your Maps are not at the proper place. Check that you have put the episode files such as "1. Rebel Yell" in a folder "Starcraft Mass Recall", itself to be placed in "Maps", as on the pictures above.
“Who's in charge here?” – Marine
[ Click here to view full credits ]
Map Design and Scripting
based on the StarCraft 2: Brood War Mod by
Additional development by
Custom 3D Models and Textures by
|GhostNova||Units: Dropship, Stukov (co-author SoulFilcher), SC1 Queen's Nest, SC1 Ghost, SC1 Citadel of Adun, SC1 Battlecruiser, SC1 Siege Tank, SC1 Academy, SC1 Devourer
Portraits: Fenix, Duran, Stukov (co-author SoulFilcher), Goliath
|Thrikodias||Units: Tassadar, Observatory, Arbiter Tribunal, Warp Gate, Bengalaas, Kakaru, Psi Emitter, Stasis Cell, SC1 Defiler Mound, SC1 Photon Cannon, SC1 Robotics Facility,
Portraits: SC1 Mengsk, Valkyrie, Tassadar, SC1 Adjutant, SC1 Zasz, SC1 Daggoth, SC1 Corsair, SC1 Defiler, Dropship, SC1 High Templar
|GnaReffotsirk||Carrier, Shuttle, Queen, Creep Colony, SC1 Guardian|
|Cacho56||Units: UED marine, SC1 Sunken Colony
Portraits: Duke, DuGalle, SC1 Arbiter, SC1 Siege Tank, SC1 Battlecruiser, SC1 Science Vessel,
|SoulFilcher||Units: Ion Cannon, SCV (Retro), Stukov (co-author GhostNova)
Portraits: Stukov (co-author GhostNova)
Icons: Kerrigan, Tassadar, Devourer, Queen
Portraits: SC1 Overmind
|XibadivS||Control Tower, Machine Shop|
|Snowflake Entertainment / Project Revolution||Valkyrie|
|Hammer107||ComSat Station, SC1 Barracks, SC1 Engineering Bay, SC1 Missile Turret, SC1 Starport, SC1 Armory, SC1 Bunker, SC1 Factory, SC1 Medic, Raynor (Vulture), SC1 Spore Colony, Tassadar (Gantrithor)|
|Kailniris2||Shield Battery, Psi Disrupter textures|
|Delphinium1987||Psi Disrupter mesh|
|MSeverns||Duran, Raszagal units|
|DaveSpectre||Jim Raynor portrait|
|Skulluse||Sarah Kerrigan portrait|
|ZeShmoutt||Retextured Hunter Killer, Devouring One|
|SyCoAttack||Dark Protoss (Shakuras) doodad retextures|
|TooMuchTuch||Decals: Alpha, Delta, Nova, Omega Squadron, UED, Kel-Morian Combine|
|Frankiealaplaaja||Decals: Mar Sara militia, Sons of Korhal|
|Kostyarik||Animations: briefing Start button, score screen|
|Re1deR||Briefing transitions, portrait highlight texture|
|Jones FixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixed||Town sign textures FixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixed|
|luhkoala||SCMR loading screen, remastered victory screen backgrounds, additional loading screen artwork|
|Existor FixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixed||SCMR logo & banner FixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixed|
|Leader_DS||Spanish (European) version|
|bluefenixcursed FixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixed||Spanish (Latin American) version FixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixedPlaceholderFixed|
For Brood War-like multiplayer, you can have a look at Starbow.
Old time Brood War players may enjoy the Carbot Animations Brood War series.
Other custom campaigns from various authors can be found at the Custom Campaign Initiative.
This is a completely unofficial, non-profit, fan-made and free-to-play remake and in no way endorsed by or affiliated with Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and/or Activision Blizzard, Inc.
StarCraft, Brood War, Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void, Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
I have moved the files according to the manual installation, and the game is also in the default folder (Program86). I also downloaded the shortcut from a previous version
But it still doesn't work. It shows this . What do I do?
hello. is the mod finished? because i heard there are still problems with the game
I am currently translating the Mod Starcraft Mass Recall 8.0.1 in French.
the Translation is almost finished... But...
I am missing the sound files of Mission Briefings 7s and 8s in French.
does anyone know how to help me extract these files from Starcraft 1 1988 or send them to me.
I already have a copy of the Original game in French on my PC
Thanks to all.
In reply to chriscstyll:
Maybe these sound files are in version 6.2.1?
Could I ask for some assistance? I have downloaded all the current files and installed everything manually. However the cinematics don't seem to run at the appropriate times and the ingame portraits are still the sc2 models instead of the sc1 faces. I also seem to miss the SCMRsetup.SC2Map in the main directory of Starcraft Mass Recall.
What can I do to fix this?
In reply to mlkurze:
Never mind everyone, I fiddled around in the options menu and discovered that my problems are fixable in said menu.
"E:\Juegos\StarCraft II\Support64\SC2Switcher_x64.exe" "E:\Juegos
\StarCraft II\Maps\Starcraft Mass Recall\SCMR Campaign Launcher.SC2Map"
put the "Starcraft Mass Recall" folder in the "Maps" folder
------Starcraft Mass Recall
i have all the maps in place but they dont load after the launcher i have tried copying them as they come in their folders, putting all maps in same folder and etc and still nothing, will have been nice to have an installer
here's a correct "shortcut" command to run SCMR on macOS:
/Applications/StarCraft\ II/Support/SC2Switcher.app -run "/Applications/StarCraft II/Maps/Starcraft Mass Recall/SCMR Campaign Launcher.SC2Map" -displaymode 2
1. Move files as described in the manual installation guide
2. run the command above using Terminal.app
3. SCMR starts.
you can create a startup.command file and paste the command above, so that you can use this file as a shortcut.
Unfortunately, due to macOS Quarantine design, it's not possible to serve the launcher as .command file, so you'll need to create it yourself.
> you don't need shortcut files from "Files" tab
> the launcher from "Files" doesn't work as expected right now, because it's just an alias to SC2Switcher.app and it doesn't pass command params (-run ...)
Hello, I tried to download versions 7.1, 8.0 and the latest version, but nothing works, and I also noticed that mods don't have icons (there's a green picture), but I don't have any of this, I'm already desperate, please help!
I remember when I was 21, I played the 7.1 version and everything was normal, right now what happened, why is there no installer for version 8.0.1?
In reply to xavier3d99:
Currently the installer is not available, see here: https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-mass-recall/files/4326616
Since i'm facing another annoying problem. I wanna ask : will there be any more patch to Mass Recall? Ssince the last one in date is 2 years old i'm a bit sad to have a less stable version than some earlier iterations.
In reply to beberttentacule:
There is an unofficial amateur ENSR update: https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-mass-recall?comment=4268
after trying with both the 8,0 version and the 7.1 version im at a complete loss as to what im doing wrong since all i get are that either my files are corrupted even after downloading thrice or it just doesnt find the map i do have to mention my install folder is on my D drive but im not sure if that should matter
does anyone else have this problem?
I go down the commentaries it seems that Version 8 isn't well polished. For me i just can't even extract the files : i get "corrupted archive".
I did download the files several times.
Should i run version 7? I don't mind playing an older version as long as it's working as well as they did.
In reply to beberttentacule:
I downloaded all the ZIP files of the English version (8.0.0 / 8.0.1). I unpacked all the archives without any problems.
The extracted MAP and MOD files are identical to the ones I downloaded two years ago (I compared binary).
Please, check the MD5 checksums of the ZIP files you downloaded. Maybe you had some transmission errors?
In reply to 628w:
I downloaded "MD5 checksum tool". I put one of the file to analize and i get a bunch of numbers. Doesn't help me at all X)
However after downloading the files one more time one of them did get extracted. After more tries i got them all working.
I installed Mass Recall several times over it's existence. The first time Broodwar wasn't completed yet. I never got any problem to install it until then.
In reply to beberttentacule:
Since you were able to unzip the files and launch the game after several download attempts, this suggests that previously there may indeed have been transmission errors.
I am not familiar with the "MD5 checksum tool" program. I check the checksums using "Total Commander". I have always received only one number - the same as the one given on the "File" page.