Match Setup Library (LibMaSe)
What does LibMaSe do?
LibMaSe provides an easy to use interface to select heroes, skins, and mounts for maps. It also runs customized versions of the map initialization functions that are better-suited to games not created through Battle.net's Hero Selection interface, which ignore selections made via said pre-game interface. This offers two major benefits:
- A) It allows players to test out various hero/skin/talent combinations before they purchase them in an environment that is much more rigorous than "Try Me" mode.
- B) It allows map-makers to test their Heroes of the Storm maps in a local environment (Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha license required - functionality broken atm).
How to use LibMaSe
- Add MatchSetupLib.galaxy and MatchSetupLib_h.galaxy to your map's root folder/MPQ.
- Add proper integration to your map for MatchSetupLib. This can be done in either Galaxy Editor or by manually editing MapScript.galaxy. I perfer manually editing MapScript.galaxy due to the highly annoying and involved process for editing Heroes maps directly in the SC2 Galaxy Editor. This will probably change once the Heroes Galaxy Editor is released.
Specific Changes Required to MapScript.galaxy
- Add 'include "MatchSetupLib"' just below the last include.
- Add 'libMaSe_InitLib();' as the last line of 'InitLibs'.
- Replace the line 'TriggerExecute(libCore_gt_InitializeStormMod, true, true);' with 'libMaSe_gf_InitializeMaSe();'.