InsaneBriefing - v1.0
InsaneTransmission is a powerful tool which makes easy to create modern and customizable briefings with the original Starcraft style.
Made using the Galaxy Editor GUI, the tools come in the shape of a library, manageable with a .SC2Mod file.
The library comes with a quite big number of actions and functions that can be used to create high level briefings with ease.
- Modern briefing interface with four portraits
- Support for cancel and start mission with trigger handlers
- Support for play/stop the briefing actions (single player only)
- Support for difficulty choice and customizable difficulty profiles
- Support for different players, up to 16 togheter with different briefings each
- Support for voiceover, beep sound and tooltips for title of the briefing transmission text
- Support for no portrait transmission
- Support for UI customization without changing the core code (just need to extend the right preset)
- Full integration of InsaneTransmission: custom portraits and big preset are available for InsaneBriefing by default
- Liberty (Campaign) dependency
- Swarm (Campaign) dependency
- Void (Campaign) dependency
How to Install
- Make sure you have all required dependencies
- Download InsaneBriefing file (InsaneBriefing.zip file)
- Extract InsaneBriefing.zip file into your Starcraft2.exe folder
- Open any map of your choice in the Galaxy Editor
- Open the dependencies table under File
- Add custom dependency
- Choose InsaneBriefing.SC2Mod
- Open Trigger Editor
To see a funny example of what InsaneBriefing can do, an example map is provided.
In this map, you will follow the adventures of a Confederate Marine, the same you saw in the InsaneCredits example map and InsaneTransmission example map.
To try this map, see the following steps:
- Install InsaneBriefing
- Open Galaxy Editor
- Open map InsaneBriefing Example under maps in your Starcraft2.exe folder
- Click Test Map
v1.0 - Jan 15, 2018:
Report Bugs and Feedbacks
Feel free to report bugs in this comment section and leave feedback as you wish.
I also ask you to tell me if you find some portrait I didn't catch or if you want more portrait supported by default.
Any feedback is appreciated. Also join the forum discussion thread.