InsaneAI - v1.2
InsaneAI is a powerful tool which makes easy to create custom AIs for your maps, mods and campaigns.
Made using the Galaxy Editor GUI, the tools come in the shape of a library, manageable with a .SC2Mod file.
The library comes with a quite big number of actions and functions that can be used to define and manipulate the AI.
- Bug free* customizable campaign AI for every race
- Easy build order definition and customization, even from existing units
- Easy unit, buildings, upgrades, abilities and resource customization
- Easy expansion definition
- Seamless integration with AI personality module
- Cheat support
- Custom resources support
- Custom race and units support (tested with Xeyed custom race by Supernova134)
- Almost every property can be changed at runtime
*Like any software, InsaneAI can and probably will have bugs. However, it does solve some bug of the default AI. For example, it solves the always rebuilt bully bug, if your units are defined using the build order rebuild count.
- Liberty dependency
How to Install
- Make sure you have all required dependencies
- Download InsaneAI file (InsaneAI.zip file)
- Extract InsaneAI.zip file into your Starcraft2.exe folder
- Open any map of your choice in the Galaxy Editor
- Open the dependencies table under File
- Add custom dependency
- Choose InsaneAI.SC2Mod
- Open Trigger Editor
To see a complex example of what InsaneAI can do, an example map is provided.
In this map, InsaneAI is designed to work in a similar way to a melee game AI.
To try this map, see the following steps:
- Install InsaneAI
- Open Galaxy Editor
- Open map InsaneAI Example under maps in your Starcraft2.exe folder
- Click Test Map
Note: to run InsaneAI Example Void dependency is required.
v1.2 - Feb 16, 2017:
- Fixed bug in Add Unit for detectors. Wrong index was used. This could cause script crash under certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug that could possibly not allow the AI to build vespene in the main town in certain circumstances (e.g. custom races).
- Add a new way to define a build order step: using existing unit. this way the default bully system is completely sobstituted and the always rebuild bully bug solved. Of course, you need to actually set the rebuilt count in the unit property to Never to have it work correctly.
- Tested the AI with Xeyed custom race by Supernova134.
v1.1 - Jan 06, 2017 :
- Fixed bug in Issue Orders to detectors units. Wrong index was used. Reported by Ahli634.
- Overhaul of variables structure. Now everything uses records!
- Improved alignement of structures in supply regions.
- Improved rebuild behaviour.
- Custom resource support added.
- Better hints and grammar.
- Supply structures can now use abilities too.
- Reduced the overall number of cycles of the AI, resulting in a slight improvement in performance.
v1.0 - Oct 16, 2016:
Report Bugs and Feedbacks
Feel free to report bugs in this comment section and leave feedback as you wish.
Any feedback is appreciated. Also join the forum discussion thread.