The Forgotten Ones (Campaign)
ABANDONED (should've said this a long time ago, I'm not and haven't been working on this for a long time. I suggest you don't download this, it's not polished at all.)
Overview:This is a custom campaign by KS Numedia. It expands on a side story that serves as the prequel to Legacy of the Void. This custom campaign also features some unique mechanics as well as modified units. You play as Protoss Praetor Hanoth in this spinoff.
THE STORY: The Protoss lay in ruins after the Brood War, with Kerrigan's Swarm annihilating planet after planet, murdering all those who interfere. Years after the legendary victory over United Earth Directorate, Dominion, and Fleet of the Executor, the Swarm has moved to attempting to erase the Terran Dominion led by Arcturus Mengsk. Jim Raynor has mustered enough confidence and strength to create the Raynor's Raiders rebel group to fight for the people. The crusade led to the downfall of the Queen of Blades, although that hardly lasted when Arcturus Mengsk ordered Jim Raynor's capture. The Queen of Blades rose once again, and she has laid waste to the Dominion once and for all.
Meanwhile, the Protoss, aware of the evil fallen Xel'Naga Amon, have been gathering their numbers to take back their homeworld of Aiur from the corrupt Zerg. Their force, known as the Golden Armada, is prepared to be launched, but a powerful presence still exists on the Aiur Worldship. This presence could mean the defeat of the Golden Armada and countless years of preparation wasted. Praetor Hanoth broke into confidential military databases and assembled a few willing Protoss. He has used this technology to build up the Reclaimer Fleet. After doing so, he requested permission to attack the Aiur Worldship, to which his leaders objected. Eventually, they gave the order, still unknowing of his misdoings. Praetor Hanoth has set this plan into motion in order to fulfill his people's wishes...
- Mission 1: The Archive of the Preservers
- Mission 2: Moebius Boys
- Mission 3: One Final Effort
SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEO BY EDHRIANO (4-min of gameplay) BELOW!
SHOW THE ENEMY YOUR FLEET:
LET ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE:
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS:
Hey. I tested mission again and I have some suggestions:
- Nexus that builds structures is very confusing for players so I recommend to add bonus objective like "Use Nexus to warp in Starport"
- The problem with walls of text is that important information can drown into not so necessary lore text. I trust people learn strengths and weakneses of units from unit tooltips and in action. I know it is really important to introduce modified gameplay mechanics in action. Core mechanics of SC2 are so deeply learned that even small changes can feel really weird so one of the big challenges with customized race is to find proper way to introduce new stuff.
- One of the problems is also that "build structures" icon is not colorized like building buttons so it easily missed from command card.
I am fighting with same kind of problems with my project because I have modified Terran and Zerg in my project.
Sorry about ranting but these kind of small things are very necessary especially on first mission of the campaign.
Lol in the wall of text it says how to play. So basically you have to use your Nexus/Warp Matrix to warp in structures and after that just train Probes to harvest, and it's basically Protoss from there. I only put the wall of text because I was explaining the backstory and the mechanics at the same time hahaha
If you ever plan to try again, these are (summarized) explanations for the units.
I tested mission1 quickly, some feedback:
- Too much information. I had no patience to read. That was useful information for sure but I think people still dont have patience to read that. People want to learn units in action. Wall of text is not good way to introduce mechanics.
- I lost my flying units early when I did some scouting around Zerg base.
- I gave up quite early.
- Is player forced to use transport + ground troops only? I mean my Probe was not able to build anything.
- In general quite confusing mission for first one.
Dafuq? Lol idk how that got there...honest. Hopefully nothing else bugged you because she isn't supposed to be there anyway.
A small letter of thanks.
It's seems like kerrigan was buged. i dont see her modal and she seem to stand still and do nothings.
What is the progress for mission 2?
Glad it worked!
Tips below for anyone who wants (SPOILERS):
Yeah this mission is meant to be difficult because the arsenal is actually OP ;) The key here is to mass up Corsairs because they shred enemy air targets with one-hit-kills at an attack speed of 1.25
I've even had close calls, but it's best to engage the Mutalisks first, kill as many as you can, and fall back to base provided you have a lot of Photon Cannons :P Fight the Corruptors at your base since they don't target the Photon Cannons.
It also helps to kill the Spore Cannon as early as possible to make it easier on yourself when you're building up defense (you get three Carriers). Always keep them behind the Phoenixes or preferably, Corsairs.
Tested and confirmed that it was normal difficulty still the wave that come after preserver was so real. I was forced to re-load my saved gemes !.
Everything works now, including that damned wave system...
Holy shit that didn't happen to me. I'm taking the map off until I figure out what caused this
As of the last updated map i seem to be attacked with all enermy unit at 2 min.
well it turns out to not to be beat able
Hey no problem!
Much better, if you want you can put my 4 minutes video here.
Hey...looks a little better now?
Hey everyone do the waves work or not? I feel like they don't but I can beat the mission very early so maybe I didn't give the AI enough time to attack me.
Edit: I've figured out the issue and I'll fix it soon.
You can build using the nexus.
A couple things.
The probes can't build anything. I can't get any more vespene or construct star gates. The Astral Wind button on the Pheonixes actually makes them blink when used.
You need photos and a better write up of the story!!
Look at Dudki's Annihilation page to get some inspiration on how to set it up.
I'll add to the CCI once you got a good-looking page. :)