Fixed it. The issue came because the mod files I was using as dependency used to be maps. Since I wanted the data to be modular after getting started, I converted them to mod files but apparently there was residual data leftover that had to be deleted. Here's the info that helped me solve it, in case anyone has the same issue.
· Resave each mod as a ComponentList (folder) by using File – Save As and then choosing the ComponentList extension in the file type dropdown.
· Remove the MapInfo file from the folder that the editor creates.
· Open the ComponentList.SC2Components file inside the folder using any xml or text editor and remove the line that refers to “MapInfo”.
· Resave the mod as a .SC2Mod file.
· Re-add this as a dependency to your map.
· Republish map after doing these steps for both mods.