I like some of the new ideas in the mod, like the burrow attack roach and the valkyrie bomb drop.
- Registered User
Member for 3 years, 3 months, and 14 days
Last active Sat, Sep, 21 2019 08:48:50
- 0 Followers
- 31 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 18, 2017FreezingAcidRain posted a message on VMod: BW/WoL Hybrid Melee Mod - Searching for FeedbackPosted in: Map Feedback
Feb 20, 2017Realnolanstar posted a message on VMod: BW/WoL Hybrid Melee Mod - Searching for FeedbackPosted in: Map Feedback
Its probably the extension level of the player overwriting the multiplayer dependency. As painful as it would be is updating to a void dependency (I suggest Mod) possible?
Feb 9, 2017Realnolanstar posted a message on VMod: BW/WoL Hybrid Melee Mod - Searching for FeedbackPosted in: Map Feedback
If you have the Void Multi dependency it shouldn't overwrite your mod with multiplayer data.
Jan 10, 2017_ForgeUser15899445 posted a message on VMod: BW/WoL Hybrid Melee Mod - Searching for FeedbackPosted in: Map Feedback
It's an interesting experiment. Could you elaborate on features / units that you expect to be in the final version but aren't in this build?
Jan 9, 2017Posted in: Map Feedback
I've discovered the cause of the hellbat/liberator bug, and I'm rolling out a fix now. As it turns out, extension mods are actually useless. Whatever changes you make, blizzard overwrites with the multiplayer data of the map your mod is created on. So if you for example delete a LotV unit, and then load the mod onto a LotV map, the unit returns, thus defeating the purpose of an extension mod altogether.Which essentially ruins modding, as you told me. But, I'm confused...If it's pointless, how'd you fix it?
Jan 9, 2017_ForgeUser1079529 posted a message on VMod: BW/WoL Hybrid Melee Mod - Searching for FeedbackPosted in: Map Feedback
The creep disappearing quickly is specifically targeting proxy hatch builds. I wanted there to be more punishment for failing a proxy hatch. If you proxy hatch and fail, but the hatch finishes, there's normally quite a bit of time for the creep to recede, which delays the opponent's wall or expansion. That's what I was trying to temper. Thanks for the feedback!K, that's perfect then. Having experienced a cheesy proxy hatch being placed in my secondary, I can totally understand why the quick creep clear makes sense.
Jan 7, 2017_ForgeUser1079529 posted a message on VMod: BW/WoL Hybrid Melee Mod - Searching for FeedbackPosted in: Map Feedback
Definitely a lot of fun new mechanics to learn. Would have to play a lot more to get a feel for if things are balanced. A lot of good effects - graphics and sounds and such.
All the macro mechanics seemed good - incubate, merc compound and chrono. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about how quickly the creep disappears - of course playing against it it's nice but I don't know if I played as zerg if that would be a nuisance - can't really think of too many situations that it would be an issue while playing as zerg though. I guess buildings might start taking "no creep" damage a bit sooner?
Anyway, good work and I haven't run into many noticeable bugs that aren't on blizzard's end - ui missing and black, having trouble searching for the lobby.
Jan 6, 2017Posted in: Map Feedback
We can try in a few hours, after I come back from work, maybe.
Jan 6, 2017Posted in: Map Feedback
1. The liberator and hellbat bug isn't of my doing, those models don't exist within the scope of the mod. There's something weird that happens with cached models when moving between game types that I haven't figured out yet. My best guess is that the engine is cacheing those models from ladder or another map and randomly adding them in on mine somehow.
2. I removed adepts and tempests, and dark archons are made from fusing two dark Templar.
3. I'm glad you like the new protoss too. Thanks for the feedback!
4. What is it about reavers that makes them remind you of disruptors?1. It's not just the models (IE a Valkyrie with a Liberator model), it's the actual unit that's spawning. Enemy AI can also build them, as well as Adepts and Tempests. I've seen the AI build Goliaths, Hellbats and Liberators, but not Vultures or Valkyries. I'm not sure I've seen Adepts built, but Tempests, I can confirm I've seen under the AI's control.2. Makes sense, then. I can't merge Dark Archons though, as the button on the command card is not there - It's two blink buttons, instead: the former Shadow Stride blink and the one you added. Trying to click the C hotkey to make two DTs merge also fails to work. I can see the button in the unit guide, though. BTW, I would change up the Adept somehow and make it into a unit, but not in the same OP manner as in LotV.3. You're welcome :)4. They only fire one AoE shot and automatically reload that shot. (Only one scarab at a time, you can't hold 5-8 scarabs at once) Having both, especially with the Reaver working like that, seems redundant. I would change up either of them some more. Perhaps the Disruptor should work like it did back during LotV beta? That could make it far more unique to the Reaver.
Jan 5, 2017Posted in: Map Feedback
Love it. Has a few bugs, though. Like, building Valkyries, I think, and Vultures, will cause the AI to spawn Liberators and Hellbats respectively, whereas for the player, it only happens half of the time.
Can't build everything I'm supposed to, though, like Adepts, Dark Archons, Tempests...as well as a few others I can't remember. Love some of the new units and abilities, however. Plague is cool now. Roaches, Immortals, Symbiotes, Valkyries, Ghosts, Medivacs, Sentries - I love those, especially the way you changed them. Reavers feel too much like Disruptors, now, though.
Protoss feels like Protoss again! No more silly Mothership Core, Yay! Thank you SO MUCH for that. It feels so weird, but so right, to play Toss now. I no longer feel dirty playing Protoss :)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.