My suggestions made more sense with some cut out changes, thanks for clarification on the Umojan front. I'm just throwing outlandish ideas out there to see if a few end up being good. Love the mod, keep up the great work!
Some more bugs for the fation:
- Liberator Advanced Ballistics cannot be researched
- Nuclear warheads Cannot be built
-There's some problems with the tooltips (eg reapers have a greyed out cloak ability without an upgrade existing, weapon upgrades showing the visual of the previous level) I need to double check them
The UED have not made contact with the Koprulu sector since the events of Brood War, and the UED expedionary force was wiped out by Kerrigan's zerg. I think basing most of the UED's core units off of Brood War Terran could be cool. In this line of thought:
- Replace the Combat Shield upgrade with occular implants (+1 vison and +2 attack range on marines)
- Replace the Marauder with a different evoulution from the firebat suit (UED never saw marauders). The unique name on the build menu is great (Terminator), maybe give them AOE attack and/or bonuses aggainst` buildings/light units? Combining the role of the Herc and Marauder would reduce the bloated feel
- Planetary fortresses and turreted bunkers together make UED too strong on the defence, maybe remove planetary fortress and replace it with a built in nuke silo
- Give Ghosts High yield nuclear weapons (500 damage in area + 500 vs structures, leaves a radioactive cloud that gives the Irradiate effect to any unit that walks or flies through it)
- Give Ghosts lockdown, an upgrade for permenant cloak, and 75 max hp
- Remove reaper, make factory cost 50 gass instead of 100
- Replace hellions and hellbats with 100hp Vultures + spider mines
- Replace Medivac with heavy dropship, cannot heal biological units but can carry an additional 4 slots
- Replace Siege Tank with "Heavy Siege Tank". Siege mode takes 5 seconds to enter, same time to exit as normal tank. Siege mode deals 45 damage (+35 vs armoured). Upgrades to attack add +5 damage (+2 vs armoured bonus) instead of +4 (+1 vs armoured). Unsieged tank takes up 6 transport slots instead of 4. Siege mode has 15 range instead of 13
-Siege mode tanks take up 12 transport slots, up from 8
- Move Eradicator, Thor, cyclone, and Warhound to other faction exclusives (maybe hound and thor to Dominion and cyclone+eradicator to Umojan).
- Remove Viking/Archangel
- Science Vessel Removed
-Raven II replaced with UED Science Vessel. Retains Anti-Armour Missile, Spawn Hydralisk name changed to Deploy Psi Emmiter, Spawns 5 Hydralisks with a 10 second life energy cost from 75 to 125, Has the "High Energy EMP" ability that destroys all energy and shields in an area and reveals cloaked units for 10 seconds. Costs 200 energy. Ghost EMP removed
- Beatle no longer built from the factory, Built from the starport instead. Beatle now costs 100 minerals and no gass to build with an 18 second build time. Beatle ground attack damage to 4 +3 vs light, attack speed to 0.74
Played around with the mod, think it's very cool. I love the textures and the unique unit ideas!
I'm going to make a series of posts with bug reports as well as my personal balance and faction design suggestions. I'll start with The UED (or covert ops?). These are just some Ideas and my subjective oppinions.
The UED faction has a lot of cool units, upgrades, and abilities. There's a lot to build on and that's awesome! Sadly, this is a double edged sword, the faction feels a bit bloated. Maybe splitting some of the abilities off of UED and putting them on a new Umojan or Dominion faction?