Perhaps you should take a break for some time? Play some other games, watch some movies, etc, get your inspiration & motivation deposits refilled up, then come back to it?
- Registered User
Member for 6 years, 6 months, and 17 days
Last active Sun, Nov, 10 2019 02:31:28
- 0 Followers
- 317 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Apr 13, 2015Posted in: Map Feedback
Personally I liked the confined space, most campaign maps are generous when it comes to that, nice to see something more different. I agree that it'd be cool to have a map that encourages use of less common units, marine/marauder/medivac and protoss deathballs can be monotonous :P
Apr 9, 2015Posted in: General Chat
Not only guidelines, but you also probably have an already-existing playerbase. You're bound to get more people when you have a map they recognize and are familiar with, than when you got something unknown to them.
Remakes are fine and all, I like the idea of being able to play something old with updated controls and all the bugs ironed out, but I'd like to see some new content as well. Though what'd be just as nice is reboots - take an old idea and create it anew!
Apr 4, 2015StealthToast posted a message on Renee should have her own forum for Warcraft III StuffPosted in: Warcraft Modding
Agreed, would be a good addition. Maybe it can pave the way for more large projects to get their own subforums in the future. Similarly to how other forums have a 'hosted projects' section for their best of the best!
Apr 4, 2015Posted in: General Chat
Quote from Renee2islga: Go
I could complie a detailed list for other changes on the data editor, if anyone cared. Actually I've already done it when heroes beta starts, while there are new changes since then, though not too much.
Oooh, I'd love to read that! I remember reading something about some multiplier fields being split to additive & multiplier versions and regeneration based on missing vitals?
Also, some very interesting things in ImperialGood's list, I'm surprised at the unit genders though. Perhaps it could be used for things other than genders as well, like detecting if the unit is a boss or not?
Apr 4, 2015Posted in: Map Feedback
EDIT: D'oh, just saw the update after posting! Some of my comments are probably invalid now.
Thanks for clarifying the story bits! I forgot some things, but I suppose it'll make more sense when I play the campaign as a whole once it's complete. :)
Just finished Mission 09, the boss fight was quite nice, really liked those obelisk lightning effects! Though the progress bars felt a little tiny, maybe increase their width a little bit? Also, the music and mouse bugs didn't happen this time around.
Only things I'd like to note are that Malrick has no animation while he's sniping (he just idles) and that after Reeves comments on the bridge needing to be extended, the Hellions that came out of the locked gate caught up to my group before the camera could unlock. Of course, considering my luck, the Hellions fried my last living Medic. :P
Mission 10 was pretty good in-overall, really liked the terrain and how the story unraveled, looks serious business is about to go down from now on!
The "go back and forth" concept has potential but it got a little tedius after a while. Perhaps a beacon should open multiple doors (so that there's less beacons). I was also thinking if there would be only one dropship, and you could instead choose your destination? That'd save up a lot of time running from dropship to dropship. Maybe also have a button that allows you to travel instead of it being automatic, so that you can leave from a docking bay instantly if you're at the wrong one, instead of having to move away and back to the ship again.
The second phase of the map was quite brutal (those guardians...*shiver*) but I really liked it because of that. Nice to see someone finally give you some form of healing in a Protoss holdout mission!
- Bug: Mothership can be made from a Nexus but Probes can't warp in Fleet Beacons
- Typo: "Another generator is desatroyed, only one remain", should be "remains"
- Typo: Near the end, "have taken us this far", should be "has"
- Typo: Again near the end, "we'll should be good", either remove "will" or "should"
- Dropship 2 (middle one) seems to jitter a bit before landing, moving left & right rapidly
- Would be nice to have a message "a door has opened somewhere else" when you step on a beacon, or having a help hint tell you "beacons may open doors in other areas" - I was a little confused at first.
- A Marine and Marauder were stuck behind a generator next to the last beacon of area 1 in the first phase
- Dunno if it's just me, but the scaled up executor looked a little silly :P The scaling up also looked a little choppy, may I suggest using the "Set Scale" actor message with some blend-in time?
Mar 30, 2015Posted in: Map Feedback
Just finished playing mission 9, or to be more precise played all I could, because I came to a bug that prevents me from going any further, so keep in mind everything I say is up to entering the Mess Hall computer room on Hard.
First of all, I love the terrain! I think it's one of your best ones so far, so atmospheric and extremely detailed! Very clever usage & combinations of doodads as well, my favorite bit was that chamber with a glass wall Malrick was standing in. It kinda reminded me of dead space a little, due to the whole "sci-fi lab where everything goes to hell"-ness. I also like what you did with the Protoss captive effects, it kinda reminded me of those magic pens holding blood elves in Warcraft 3. Great work on terraining! :)
I'm not sure if it was intentional, but there's no music playing during non-cinematics (and during most cinematics), I think iit adds to the map's atmosphere, but some music could work in action-filled parts (ie the zerg test chamber, or does it? Don't remember)
The layout of the map is also something I really like, going back and forth through a labyrinth-ish lab, unlocking its sealed areas as you go through it, nice! Though the gameplay itself was a little repetitive imo, found myself mostly tossing Ferring Grenades, then using Steady Shot, move back, rinse and repeat. As a result of that map felt a little too easy in overall. Perhaps put some aggro on those enemies so they don't derp around while their comrades get killed? If that makes it too hard then perhaps some recharge packs scattered around could help. Also, nice to see some new enemies! Hope we encounter more of those later in the campaign.
- The one I mentioned before, preventing me from progressing: as I said I used only Ferring & Arrow, so I left my big group behind. When I went into the Zergy area and got the key I only had those 2 with me, so when the doors got locked the load of them was stuck behind and I couldn't access the Mess Hall console with Reeves. Perhaps make a cinematic when you go up to the locked door to teleport all heroes/units behind it?
- Mouse disappeared when in the reinforcement selection bit - had to press enter to reveal it
- Vikings seem to be switching between land & air mode for no reason, or maybe I'm just missing their patrol? Whenever I encountered one it was always landing, lol
- On the way back after the zerged area & the locked door, a marine and marauder (or hammer security?) were stuck trying to move past the barricade at the end of the hall (the one next to the generator sideroom)
- Loadscreen: "and have as a result" - should be "has" since it is referring to Reeves
- Loadscreen: "the organisations plans" - missing an apostrophe
- "I, for example, as a part of the Infiltration Program branch, specialises in covert operations and unusual reports" - should be "as part", and "specialize/specialise" since Reeves is referring to himself
- "The guy we encountered before descending has been at command for several years" - should be "in command" I believe
- "None of us barely had any idea what this was all about." - this sounds a little odd because of "barely" and "none", perhaps use something less negative? Like "We barely had any idea what this was all about"?
- There also seems to be some inconsistency between American and British English: you use specialising and organisation (British) but you also use honor (American)
- That sector 5 keycard...I spent about 5 minutes wandering around not sure where I'm supposed to go xD It's pretty easy to miss even when you're just done with the Zerg and being a tiny white dot on the minimap didn't exactly help, please make it more evident!
- Maybe move the loadscreen briefing text a bit to the right so it doesn't stick right to the edge of the screen?
- Colored Life Bars are a bit hard to distinguish on this map due to brown player color
- "New Unit: Ferring / Arrow" - shouldn't it be New Hero?
- The sound effect at the hybrid pods (the one where someone commented on what the hell kind of experiments the RSSI are doing) is way too loud, it also seems misplaced (being loudest near the set of doors on the left rather than the pods?)
- Minor: When encountering the Protoss for the first time, the Zealot on the left was looking towards his left - maybe make him unpushable or order him to move a bit more to the right?
- Minor: Since Arrow is a sniper, perhaps slightly increase his vision range by a bit? It seems to be the same as the others'
Story: Understandable so far, but just a few questions:
- Why is Baldwin so aggressive at the intro? It kinda came out of nowhere since he seemed only a bit skeptical before rather than growing increasingly more hostile (or maybe I just don't remember the previous maps clearly, lol)
- Why is Reeves so zerg-friendly? He seemed to rather kill the zerg before, so I assumed he'd be fine killing them while they're trapped rather than letting them loose?
PS: Holy crap this is a long post, lol. I overdid it quite a bit, guess I had some things to say XD
Mar 26, 2015Posted in: Map Feedback
Interesting concept, should try it out soon. I assume the objective is to make everyone your servant and prevent enemies from stealing your servants?
Why not make starting structures more durable if sniping them is a problem? Like increased health & armor or damage resistance?
Mar 23, 2015Posted in: Heroes of the Storm
Quote from ImperialGood: Go
I also thought she was meant to be undead? You know after Arthras killed her?
She is undead, this is just her High Elf skin, similarly to how Arthas has his standard Lich King and Paladin/pre-corruption skins.
Also, that master skin's looking pretty badass, looks like an undead Night Elf Warden with a bow in a way.
Mar 21, 2015Posted in: General Chat
Quote from AlexO6: Go
You noticed that, too, I see. It's an unedited variant of the track from the LotV BlizzCon 2014 trailer ("Oblivion"). From the way the theme plays and how it goes up and down and slows down at certain points, I'm fairly positive that it's the main menu music (I'm happy about that - I missed the epic WoL theme, HotS' theme was sort of underwhelming and I got tired of it before the beta was over). The pattern in the music makes it obvious.
Agreed, I felt like I was about to embark on an epic journey whenever I kicked up WoL, but HotS' theme feels like Zerg elevator music...
Also, nice to see more female Protoss! I wonder if we'll meet the heroes from the In Utter Darkness mission as well, not just in a level, but in the story mode.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.