I just added it in 10 minutes ago (ok maybe 30)
Edit: Also added post panel interview.
Quote from maverck: Go
kinda disappointing? I'm hoping there's more to announce on the side and they just aren't announcing it because your regular Blizzcon attendee wouldn't care about advanced map features.
There wasn't enough time. The entire blizzcon has only 1 SC panel. The rest are dedicated for HotStorm
Quote from Phiron: Go
- "Marketplace: Did not have time/infrastructure to make it work. Heroes of the Storm will start the infrastructure."
Could you go into more detail, hard to understand the context of this. Hard to make it work prior to Heroes of the Storm/until later correct? Thanks.
They could not invest in an infrastructure for marketplace. So they decided to test the water with Heroes of the Storm's infrastructure first.
HotS panels coming in 1.5 h. Keep refreshing if you don't have a stream
This thread is for all things Blizzcon Related. I'll keep it updated live. Mainly HotS and HotS related (not Diablo)
King's Crest Flyover
The Cursed Hollow Flyover
Chris Sigaty Interview with DirectTV
Another Chris Sigaty Interview
Sixen's HotS Interview
We got our first 2 trailer for Heroes of the Storm today. A cinematic trailer and a gameplay trailer
Note: The editor is very similiar to SC2's Galaxy Editor (as Tolkfan pointed out): http://i.imgur.com/p0RM93M.jpg
Also, don't forget to opt in to the beta
- Upload custom clan decals visible in game
- Create Events with calendars.
Extend a game mode to work with any map and tileset without making a bunch of maps. Example:
- Big Game Hunter
New level cap: 35. Added potraits and decals from CarbotAnimations
(Orcs for now)
- Starter Editions now has all 3 races available
- Nerf fight from CarbotAnimations (featuring Dustin Browder and David Kim)
Audio from Blizzcon is messed up. Waiting on Carbot's official video from his channel.
PTR is starting 1 week after Blizzcon. Full release is expected at the end of the year. Patch 2.2 will come next year.
- Reconnect Features: Still working on it. (Maybe 2.2)
- Art Tools: Still in beta, intend for other 3D modeling program other than 3DSMax
- Death of Micro: Focus more on visibility of play first
- Moar Skins: Technical limitations for low-end machine.
- Marketplace: Did not have time/infrastructure to make it work. Heroes of the Storm will start the infrastructure.
- Thanks to the WC3 and the custom map community.
- Thanks to the editor. Thanks to the engine to make it possible.
- Blizzard All Stars at blizzcon: originally made with only SC2 models
- Bliizard All Stars is put on an arcade machine in blizzcon
- 14 heroes playable at Blizzcon
- Witch Doctor
- Jim Raynor
- Demon Hunter -> Vampire Hunter
- Arthas. Alternate skin (prince Arthas instead of Lich King)
- Goblin Tinkerer
- Wolf ridding Kerrigan
- Diablo -> Murkablo
- Abathur !!!! Infest and tunneling claw.
- Uther Lightbringer with a Medic suit
Nexus is a zone that is out of cannon, where world clash together. Anything can happen in the Nexus
<shows Kerrigan riding wolf again>
- 20 minute matches
- Customizable skills. Heroes have more skills than you can bring into battle.
- Team level: shared between the team. Make sure that support/specialist can shine (Abathur, siege tank) without farming.
- Interesting map mechanics: Like Burning Tide for SC2.
- Map rotation that changes over time in the matchmaking
- Pirate map: Take coins give to pirate, he'll fire cannon at your opponents. Hunt other players with coin
- 2 maps: Underground and above ground. Hunt the skeleton and golems underground
- No custom shop. Heroes pick from their own shop which is called a talent tree.
- Most other mechanics stays from the Blizzard Dota version (Tower ammo)
- Prevent snowballing: Can still hide and farm, spread out and come back. Objective swings the balance quickly.
- Easier player communication: Players will be guided slowly. Objective are straightforward.
- What's the point of the wolf: Out of combat and mobility. And also, Nexus. It's also looks cool, like Abathur riding motorcycles.
- Individual playstyles: You can be the Dragon Knight and show your micro skills. But the game is always team based. Win or lose together.
- Core audiences: Not worried, we make game we want to play.
- 1v1 play, counter play: Team wide interest, good mobility, it's rare to be stuck in 1v1.
- Non-objective map: When new maps are in, no one play the traditional map.
- No items: Customized talents tree are the item. Boots are gone
- Where does it fits in esport: Let's see what the community do first.
- Tower with ammo: Still in
- Dustin Browder is spending 70% of the time with Heroes of the Storm. He got a great team is still working on LotV and he is just helping them how to see problems before it comes up.
- Total of 4 battleground (maps) right now:
- The Cursed Hollow: The Tributes mechanics explained: If any team got 3 tributes, the Ravenlord is pleased and curse the enemy team instead. Tributes spawn randomly on the map. Towers will not shoot and minion takes double damage.
- Dragonshire: Control both obelisks in the middle of the map to give a player the Dragon Knight.
- Map editors: Absolutely will be. Still not sure how we would do it. (Integration with core team sc2 ??)
- Lost Vikings heroes: Definitely opportunities to add them in. There will be more heroes overtime.
- Plan: Keep making heroes. New battlegrounds
- Can we make our own battlegrounds: No date, we hoped and wanted it.
-Esport: Replay, Reconnect, customized observer UI are the features. The community decide whether or not the game is an esport with the tools we made.
- Favorite hero: Sonya (female barbarian): never die, Nova: Triple Shot (enemy heroes can block sniping shot like Caitlyn in LoL)
- Easy to play characters are unlocked first. Harder heroes like Abathur comes over time
- Team level enable unique heroes design (Abathur, healer ...) and be more objective focused.
- Multiple of same heroes: There might be maps that make it happen. Some heroes' heroic ablity (ultimate) is unbalanced for now.
- Control: Much more direct. Skill shot, delayed skill with timing.
- Beta: Small and getting larger, open beta and then release.
Quote from DevlinD: Go
Not sure if serious. I'm not a fan of the name either, but that's not the storm they mean. And yes, I've seen the video. It's a CarBot animation, though, so I wouldn't use that as a basis for anything other than the name being changed.
I agree, carbot's style relies on being silly and often take word at its literal meaning for the purpose of comedy. There's no problem with him interpret the storm as an actual lightning storm.
Wasn't it Aeons of Strife ? Storms is the SOTIS map IIRC (damn acronyms)
Edit: Never know he renamed it to AOS, that would be like super confusing and quite exploitative
The acronym is BALLS in case you haven't noticed. BAS isn't really better. HotS still roll better. I know, Americans and their silly obsessions with acronyms.
Edit: Just want to add a note that Dustin Browder is currently listed as the Game Director. Kevin Knocke is the one who will cast the Live Game. There is a strong possibility the game may rely on SC2 on several factors (even if it may be standalone)
It is now. Enjoy a fun intro by our lovely CarbotAnimation.
Check out which panel will provide information during blizzcon on their schedule here
Heroes of the Storm Overview
Main Stage Fri 4:45 PM PST - Fri 5:45 PM PST
Get an overview of Blizzard’s newest free-to-play game, Heroes of the Storm (aka The Game Formerly Known as Blizzard All-Stars). Learn about the core game mechanics, hero rosters, reward systems, and the variety of challenges you’ll face on the battlefield.
Dustin Browder, Game Director
Alan Dabiri, Lead Software Engineer
Sam Didier, Senior Art Director
Chris Sigaty, Production Director
Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive
Panel Discussion Stage Sat 12:30 PM PST - Sat 1:30 PM PST
Join the design and art teams of Heroes of the Storm (aka The Game Formerly Known as Blizzard All-Stars) as they walk you through the creation of a hero, the construction of a map, and the development of the environments where you’ll be facing off.
Matt Cooper, Game Designer
Phill Gonzales, Senior 3D Artist
Richard Khoo, Senior Game Designer
Brian Sousa, Senior 3D Artist
Alex Sun, Senior Game Designer
Heroes of the Storm Live Matches
Panel Discussion Stage Sat 2:00 PM PST - Sat 3:00 PM PST
Come watch members of the development team battle in live Heroes of the Storm (aka The Game Formerly Known as Blizzard All-Stars) matches. Which of your favorite Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo heroes and villains will come out victorious?
Dustin Browder, Game Director
Kevin Knocke, Online Broadcasting Manager
Additional Heroes of the Storm developers
TL;DR: F2P, game director is still Dustin Browder
I assure you that there are no probes during our vicinity. Drug testing is required biweekly for every Warhound pilots. Make sure you are prepared accordingly.
It's time for April's Fool once again. Here's all the April Fools I will attempt to gather that is SC2 or Blizzard related.
Warhound is now added back in order to balance more fun in the game, especially early game aggression. Warhound is now available for every races.
(David Kim is now officialy Warhound Balance Designer)
Creative Development QAs: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/9369236/Blizzard_Creative_Development_Warhound_QA-3_31_2013
Extra: Project Warhound is actually hinted early by the scientists at project Blackstone:
To be added. Doesnt seems to pop up yet as of this time.