SURVIVOR 01 FEEDBACK
- I enjoyed the terrain of this mission. I also have a thing for snow tilesets, so you get bonus points here.
- Interesting concept of having different variants of the trooper. Always enjoy some good custom units.
- I really like the little tidbits of lore with some of the units. Like how the Marauder is described as having more mobility with less health, and it’s also visually represented in the unit model.
- Attack waves seemed well balanced. I liked how they became a decent challenge later on, sending both ultras and big groups of units.
- Overall mission was pretty standard. A micro section followed by a destroy the enemy base mission. That’s not to say that’s a bad thing. I think it was a nice way to introduce the faction to the player. It’s highly customised, so you wouldn’t want players to be overwhelmed with an overly complex mission objective, so I appreciate that.
- Speaking of the custom factions, I really enjoy the concept of it. Some really interesting ideas and unit models are used for it. The only downside of most of these unit models is that they don’t have their own construction animations, but that’s not a huge issue for me personally. Overall, I’m excited to see what other units are unlocked for this faction.
- Consider allowing players to skip cinematics.
- Found some big doodads with no pathing, allowing my units to move through. Posted an image below so you can see where.
- Would be interesting if the supply frame and resource panels weren’t visible during the initial micro section. Really no reason for it to be there until you get your base.
- In the cutscene where Ezekiel arrives to your base, the background is all black, as in, the far clip of the camera is not very far. I’d suggest either moving down the camera a bit so you don’t see the blackness, or increasing the far clip (though, you may have reduced this yourself because of frame drops)
- During the cutscene where Ezekiel arrives to your base, I could still see the green selection box for Clair and other units I had selected. I suggest storing the player’s currently selected units and deselect them all when the cinematic starts, then restoring their previously selected units when it ends.
- You have access to the Workshop, yet you don’t actually use it for anything. I found that odd.
- The new Marauder unit have their name displayed as “Unit/Name/Marauder2”
- The Marauder’s attack animations seems bugged. Sometimes, he does not play his attack animation at all, and just stands still while shooting. Other times, he will shoot from one gun and the missile arrives from the other.
- Ezekiel’s Defensive Drone lacks a description. It only displays the cooldown. Also, its name has [PH] at the start of it. Not sure if intended or not.
- After the final cinematic faded out, nothing happened. I didn’t get the victory screen or anything. I was a bit confused.
Grammar & Typos:
- Loading screen: “After the destruction of the entire planet Korhal” add an “of” before Korhal so it becomes “entire planet of Korhal”
- Loading screen: “The Terran was the first to fall” Should be “The Terrans were the first to fall”.
- Loading screen: “when the Lord in-between places emerge soon fell victims to anarchy.” Should be “when the Lord of in-between places emerged soon fell victim to anarchy”.
- Loading screen: “The once left, are survivors,” once should be “ones”.
- Loading screen: “The ones that remain is feral, wild beast.” should be “The ones that remain are feral, wild beasts”.
- Loading screen: “The Lord in-between places began terraforming” similar to a previous mistake, you forget to put “of” after “Lord” so it becomes “Lord of in-between places”.
- Intro cinematic: “You got to be kidding me.. Skulls..” should be “You’ve got” instead of “You got”.
- Intro cinematic: “And now what? You’ll be going to kill me?” Should be either “You’ll be killing me?” or “You’re going to kill me?”. Your choice.
- Intro cinematic: “Help me take down The skulls.” In this line, “The skulls” have The capitalised but not Skulls, yet in the other dialogue lines, it is the opposite; “the Skulls”.
- Intro cinematic: “I’m not overjoyed to go up against the Skulls. Whats the catch.” Instead of punctuation after “What the catch” use a question mark.
- Intro cinematic: “We are cut off from our path back to the colony by feral Zergs”. In this case, it’s just “Zerg” and not “Zergs”.
- Intro cinematic: “There is an abandon “Skull” base just south of here.” abandon should be “abandoned”. Also, after “south of here” you forgot to put a punctuation mark.
- Intro cinematic: “Yeah, we lost Bennet, besides that the rest is alive”. Yeah, we lost Bennet. End the sentence right there. Next part, “Besides that, the rest are alive”.
- The abandoned base ping description says “Abandon base” instead of “Abandoned base”.
- In Clair’s unit description, it says “Clair, has a powerful ranged attack” remove the comma after “Clair”. Also, in her unit description, after the “Can attack ground and air units” there is an additional empty line. You accidentally put another space in there.
- Marauder description: “most of the suit of the originally Marauder was scraped” originally should be “original” and scraped should be “scrapped”. Also in the description, “Because of this, the marauder cannot take as much heat, but get lighter and faster instead.” marauder isn’t capitalised as “Marauder” and get should be “gets”.
- Male Trooper description AND build description: “General-purpose infantry sacrifice movement speed for extra damage”. Change it so that it becomes “General-purpose infantry.” punctuation at the end. Also, sacrifice should be “Sacrifices” and remember to capitalise the S.
- Hack the Abandoned Command Center Objective: Description says “Bring your forces there and hack it to gain control off it”. off should be “of.”
- Midgame cinematic: “I never doubted for a second.” should be “I never doubted YOU for a second”.
- Shelter description: “movement” should be “movement”. In addition, the Shelter’s description in the build menu does not have the extra yellow text as its unit description does.
- Sandbag description: “Applys” should be “Applies”. This mistake is present both in the unit description AND the build menu description.
- The description of the Weapon Racket in the build menu has a bunch of empty space at the bottom. The Weapon Racket’s unit description still uses the Engineering Bay description.
- Ezekiel cinematic: “Exiting is it not?” Exiting should be “Exciting” and add a comma after it.
- Hack for resources tooltip: “When this ability is active the hacker, hack for resources.” Should be, “When this ability is active, the hacker hacks for resources”.
- Field Medic build description says “highjack” should be “hijack”. This is also the case for the Field Medic’s Hijack ability name, Meanwhile, its unit description is missing.
- Female trooper build description: “increast” should be “increased”.
- The build description for the Garage has a bunch of empty space, while its unit description uses the default Factory description.
- Clear Zerg Base description. Should probably be “Clear Zerg Bases” since there’s multiple.
- In the intro cinematic when Clair “Cam” met the Skulls, she was facing away from them. You can prevent units from facing in directions they shouldn’t be using the trigger “Set Unit State” and turning the “Fidget” state Off. EDIT: In retrospect, she likes to constantly turn during all cutscenes.
- Clair and Ezekiel’s static portraits does not match the animated ones. I posted a picture below so you can see.
- Ezekiel still uses Swann’s default unit description.
- Build Sandbags and Build Shelter uses the same hotkey.
- Build Training Ground and Build Auto-Turret uses the same hotkey.
- Hack for resources uses the same hotkey as “Hold Position”.
- Should probably rename the “Trooper Female” to “Female Trooper” as that is more grammatically correct.