Darkness Rises 2 Feedback:
Fun mission! The terrain really sold it as well. One thing I particularly loved was how you used those big bridges as walkable segments when rescuing the civilians. Looked really cool how it was all scaled up like that. For doodads, I’d be careful with placing those large korhal building doodads right next to the playable map area. While they help immerse the player into the world, they are very huge and will block your vision by quite a bit.
All the enemy units guarding the evacuation point where all tightly packed within that small area next to the beacon. I’d recommend placing a proper defence over there, and have the units being a little more spread out, instead of just putting a bunch of units on top of the point. Looks a little more natural that way, and it makes it easier for the enemy to retaliate as well, as they won’t get stuck on their own units. You can still make them send more troops, but at least make it so that all rallying units don’t just move to the same point and gather in one big group.
With that being said, I also think there should be a limit. I didn’t move towards the evac point until like 10 minutes had passed, and in that time, they had gathered that huge group over there.
It felt a little weird that there was no markers or anything on the civilians. Would be helpful to have them appear on the map as either pings or have them be revealed. Furthermore, the ping that shows the location of the next arriving civilians is black, which makes it very hard to tell apart from the fog of war.
- As soon as the map starts, I get that red flashy visual similar to when Marcellus gets attacked. It happened a few seconds later as well. Perhaps disable that during cinematics?
- When I rescued the civilians at the bottom left corner of the map, nothing seemed to happen. Got no dialogue or anything confirming it, and the civilians were just standing there at the corner not doing anything. Look at the image I included to see what I mean.’
- Sometimes the civilians heading for the evac point bug out. Look at the second picture I posted, where 2 civilians are just standing close to the point.
- During the final cinematic, while talking to the Inquisitor, Marcellus turned around, so he wasn’t facing him while they were talking. You can turn this off by disabling Turnable state on the unit.
- In the initial shot of the cinematic, additional civilians were on the surface that just stood in a line. Those are the civilians that were on the way to the objective but stopped when I completed it. Would suggest removing them when the cinematic starts.
- The behaviour icon and passive icon on the command card for Combat Veteran Buff it says “Heros” instead of “Heroes”.
- When Horner’s first dialogue he misspells his own name as “Horne”.
- In the introductory dialogue “Thousand of civilians” should be “Thousands of civilians”
- In the Sons of Korhal tip, you misspelled “Elite” as Elit. Similarly, right after, it says “They continue there service” should be “They continue their service.” Finally, in the same tip, “eraced” should be “erased”.
- When informing you about the civilians, Horner said “civilian” instead of “civilians.
- In the final cinematic, Marcellus says “And what stops me from just kill you” should be “And what stops me from just killing you”