Actually we're two guys and I'm glad that there are actually a few people who are interested in non-standard gameplay design concepts. Too bad that most maps with non-DotA or non-TD gameplay are ignored by the mass, maybe because they are not mainstream enough (and the popularity system isn't helping either). It's really hard to develop an innovative concept *and* find people who want to play it - I guess that's why there are so many TD and DotA maps out there. Anyways, some of the ideas in this thread are quite cool and I'd like to see them get developed.
- Registered User
Member for 8 years, 3 months, and 13 days
Last active Wed, Nov, 17 2010 13:41:01
- 0 Followers
- 73 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 30, 2010Posted in: Project Workplace
After some more private testing we made some changes to the gameplay to get the gameplay to a much more balanced state. Outranged should be quite well playable now - it's still not perfect though. Anyways, we decided to switch from alpha to beta since we feel that all major features are implemented now.
- Added effect on units that hatch new ones in a pont.
- To abort hatching, the unit that hatches the new has to be eliminated or forced out of the pont now. It is no longer possible to abort hatching by simply entering ponts. This way harassing by simply running around a Scout should be shut down.
- Added new ability to the Ranger: "Summon Warden" creates a Melee right next to the Ranger in exchange for 2 of the Ranger's 5 HP. It is only available when the Ranger is the owner's last remaining unit on the field.
I updated the first post with a new gameplay video among other things.
Sep 27, 2010Posted in: Data
oooooooooh it's the build cost?! I knew the "Drain Resource Cost Factor" all along, but its tooltip said I'd have to change the "repair resource value" of the unit, which obviously does not exist. Why couldn't they simple write that the other factor would be the build cost... anyways, thanks!
Sep 24, 2010Posted in: Data
The "drain resource cost factor" attribute tooltip of the repair effect says that I have to set the "repair resource" value of the unit that gets repaired, but I just can't find it. I want to adjust the repair costs of a building. Thanks!
Sep 24, 2010Posted in: Data
Thanks, that did it.
Well, they could at least write something like that in the update notes. No idea why they implement that fidget stuff now when the wander behaviour worked fine. It's not easy to find it in between the hundreds of options. And then on the UI page...
Sep 23, 2010Posted in: Data
I have an Automaton 2000 in my map and I removed the "Critter - Wander" behaviour so that it only moves when ordered to. That worked fine all the time, but since the patch the Automaton again wanders around every 5-10 secs :(
It still has no wander behaviour and I even set the "range" to 0 in each and every wander behaviour that exists and it still wanders mindlessly around, waaaaaarghhh!! I even gave the wandering back to the unit with range 0.0000001 and 100000 delay, but it just gets ignored.
So the unit has got a new invisible behaviour you can't disable with the new patch or what?
Sep 23, 2010Posted in: Galaxy Editor Bugs and Feedback
I have an Automaton 2000 in my map and I removed the "Critter - Wander" behaviour so that it only moves when ordered to. That worked fine all the time, but since the patch the Automaton again wanders around every 5-10 secs :( It still has no wander behaviour and I even set the "range" to 0 in each and every wander behaviour that exists and it still wanders mindlessly around, waaaaaarghhh!!
Sep 21, 2010anteevy posted a message on What happened to 'authenticate once and use it forever'?Posted in: General Chat
Yeah, same for me since 3 weeks or so... I have to login each time I start the editor after a PC (re)boot and each time I want to publish a map.
Sep 20, 2010Posted in: General Chat
Somehow I think there's no formula to get your map popular, just good luck.
We posted our map Outranged on Team Liquid as well as here and so far we've got 1 reply in two weeks in two huge communities (with multiple update posts a week), which seems quite laughable. Maybe it's really a gameplay video that's missing, but we planned on doing that when reaching the final release and not for the alpha as the screenshots and infos should suffice for testing...
Or maybe it's because we developed a fresh gameplay style you need to play a few games first to get into, but the standard player just wants more DotA and TD ripoffs. I think my next mod will be something really basic, with tons of upgrades and explosions - seems the only way to get a mod played.
Sep 15, 2010Posted in: Project Workplace
wow, great demand so far...
In the last few days we changed and improved quite alot concerning the look/feel and balance of the game. We are still planning to polish further and are currently still aware of some real balance-issues but hope to get to improve on that in the next time... we really need you peoples' help for that. Getting balance right with 2-3 testers (who also made the game) is kind of hard.
- There is now a system that counts won rounds and determines the winner after 3 won rounds.
- There is now a "Vote Stalemate"-button in case a round ends in a stalemate-situation.
- There now is an ingame-Help System which explains the game!!!
- Both skills "Slow Gear" (scout) and "Warden Aspect" (Melee) can now be activated and deactivated with seperate hotkeys.
- The hatching of a new unit is now visualized with a corresponding "Egg"-model inside the pont.
- The sound-system is improved so now it should be easier to hear when friendly units are shot at by unseen enemy Rangers.
- (The Ranger-Speed-ability of the Scouts is now called "Slow Gear")
- Melees gained a new skill called "Warden Aspect" which can be activated and deactived. When Warden Aspect is active, it slows Melee-movement down to Ranger-speed and opens a short sight-radius which enables Melees to attack without nearby Scouts revealing enemies. This skill is meant to make Melees less useless when left without Scouts without making them too strong when on their own.
Version 0.5 is available on the EU-Server right now! Please publish it on other servers, too! To download the newest version, click here: http://www.anteevy.de/upload/temp/Outranged%20Alpha%200.5.SC2Map
That's it for now! We hope you have fun and give us feedback!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.