I think in the end there won't be any problem with the submissions that have been updated after the deadline. Just that the version of the map that Blizzard will be reviewing and the one that they will be allowing people to vote for will be the outdated one that was originally submitted to the contest. Most likely they will be reuploading all the maps together as a side mod under a new "Rock the Cabinet" category, so people can play and vote the version of the map that was submitted to the contest. So I don't think they will be disqualifying your map because you uploaded a new version to the bnet, even if the rules stated not to do so.
- Registered User
Member for 12 years and 19 days
Last active Sun, Mar, 6 2016 11:02:52
- 0 Followers
- 345 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
May 29, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
First of all, I want to thank all the people who were playing my map yesterday at the Arcade Map Night. Based on your feedback, I've uploaded a new version introducing some changes on how the cancel queue command works. Now, the cancel queue button will make your structures cancel the first training slot, instead of the last one. This way, if you want to upgrade several buildings at once, all you have to do is to first add their respective upgrades to their training queue and then cancel the first queue slot so they will stop training units and start their upgrades.
I think the map is now ready to rock the cabinet, so I'll be submitting it today to the contest. Thank you again for all your feedback, and good luck to all the other mapmakers taking part in this contest.
- Cancel Queue Slot command will cancel the first item in the training queue of the structures.
- Omegalisk: Fixed Omegalisk icon not being properly rendered on its structure queue.
May 28, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
I've just uploaded a new version!! Just some minor changes this time. I think the game is now ready for being submitted to the Rock the Cabinet contest. I'll wait for tonight's last Arcade Night to make sure everything is working as intended.
- Reimplemented sport balls, just for fun.
- Increased damage of heroic artillery abilities by 20%.
- Finished char forest at the right edge of the map.
- AI won't prioritize to launch their artillery abilities at the heroic artillery ships under construction.
May 27, 2014_ForgeUser4950306 posted a message on Weekly Terraining Exercise #169: Contest Follow-up JTEPosted in: Terrain
I'm afraid I can't take part on this since you are using the hots dependencies. :(
May 26, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
New patch 4.9 is out!!
As I previously announced you in my last post, I've finished implementing the artillery system by adding one heroic artillery ability for each one of the builders: the Warp In Carrier ability and the Spawn Leviathan one.
From the matches that I got to see from the last EU Arcade Night, I found the games were being resolved quite too soon. Therefore, I've decided introduce some balance changes to the game to increase the length of the games. On the one hand, I'm reducing the overall damage of artillery abilities, while also reducing the time it takes for your builders to level up. On the other hand, I've increased the damage of the builders' weapons.
Most of the feedback that I got from the last EU Arcade Night was related to the tutorial. It seemed not to be a good idea to force new players to complete the tutorial while their experienced mates were already playing the game. That's why I've decided to completely remove the tutorial from public games, while moving it to an individual tutorial game mode.
Finally, I want to thank all the gamers that played my map during the last EU Arcade Night, allowing me to collect some valuable feedback about my game. Keep the feedback coming so I can keep improving the game.
- Decreased life of the Core from 4000 to 3000.
- Builders won't collide with attacking units.
- Increased builders' attack from 6 to 8.
- Tutorial won't be accessible in public games, but only when playing the tutorial mode.
- Increased the speed of all the text writeouts.
- Camera won't shake when placing your structures in an invalid spot.
- When playing the tutorial, AI players will receive half income.
- When playing the tutorial, human players will receive double energy.
- Rescue Strike won't be highlighted to avoid players from wasting it.
- Added support for heroic abilities.
- Added new Probe's Warp In Carrier heroic ability.
- Added new Drone's Spawn Leviathan heroic ability.
- Decreased overall artillery effects by 20%.
- Baneling Trap: Decreased damage to structures by 40%.
- Baneling Trap: Increased damage to builders by 50%.
- Baneling Trap: Decreased burrowed timed life to 120 seconds.
- Life/shields and cooldown of defensive structures is now adjusted depending on the number of players.
- Creep Tumor: Fixed button referencing the values of the wrong unit.
- Chain Lighting: Increased stun duration by 20%.
- Creep Pod: Increased Infestation duration by 20%.
- Decreased level-up time intervals from 6 min to 5 min.
- Chain Lighting II: Fixed stun visual effect not showing up.
- Adjusted the size of the Dark Shrine and Creep Tumor death models.
- Units won't target defensive structures.
- Fixed final statistics panel not showing Gained Score.
- Fixed a bug preventing the AI from upgrading their artillery abilities for some specific builds.
- Fixed a bug causing the AI to not update their row placement preferences when gaining a new artillery level.
May 20, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
I've just uploaded version 4.8. No new contents this time, just some polish on many small aspects of the game.
- Buildings will start at full life while constructing.
- Increased starting minerals from 180 to 200.
- Increased initial income from 19 to 20.
- Decresed maximum income from 75 to 60.
- Lighting will turn grey whenever your builder is killed.
- Units killed by the Rescue Strike will also grant some energy.
- Baneling Trap: Added a 300 seconds timed life while burrowed.
- Halved life of artillery missiles and drones.
- Fixed Artillery Score being using different unit factors at the teams board and the players board.
- Increased the width of the supply resource panel so it can display larger numbers.
- Polished some small details of the tutorial.
- Rescue Strike will display the value of the killed units rather than the total inflicted damage.
- Added Rescue Strike statistics to the final statistics panel.
- AI will upgrade structures when their life is higher than 30%, instead of 40%.
- AI will take into account the life and shields of the attacking and defending units to decide whether to strike.
- Some terrain work on the top right side of the map.
May 19, 2014Posted in: Terrain
I really liked some of the terrain concepts that I got to see when reviewing your submissions. But I feel like most of them are somewhat incomplete, like you have put a lot of detail to create some small showcase of a new terrain idea, but you didn't have the time to complete the whole terrain. And that's definitelly something understandable, since you only got two weeks for submiting your creations.
I'd really love to see your current terrain concepts to grow and to evolve into a full terrain, and so I'd vote for extending the deadline of this contest for a couple more weeks.
Still, if I'm forced to vote right now for the best terrain concept showcase, I'd vote for "One Wicked Dream, by Maxsvard". Good job there.
May 18, 2014Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
Try adding a 0.0 wait timer right at the start of your initialization trigger. In some cases, when you are loading banks or preloading some stuff right at the start of the game, they can cause some players to be dropped for no reason.
May 18, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
I fixed an important bug that was preventing players from playing the game against other players. It's so bad that, although the map has been out for a week, nobody got to tell me that it was not working... But finally I got the opportunity to play it against other players at the Arcade Night and I found out it by myself. Now I get to understand those unconstructive bad reviews that I got some while ago.
- Fixed an important error that was preventing players from starting the game.
May 16, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
I've just uploaded a new version. It introduces one new artillery ability for each one of the races. I'm still missing to add one last heroic ability for the artillery system to be complete. I'll probably get it done during the next week.
It was a pitty that there were not enough players today at the EU map night to test the game. I'll cross my fingers and hope there won't be any unexpected errors tomorrow at the Arcade Night. I'll try to be there, at least at the chat room, to take note of all your comments, although I'm going to stay at my village this weekend and I'm not sure my internet connection will allow me to do so. I'll try anyway.
- Baneling Trap: Won't explode when killed while burrowed.
- New Probe's Vortex artillery ability.
- New Drone's Creep Pod artillery ability.
- Creep Tumor: Fixed button not showing the right description.
- Fixed a trigger error caused by the AI trying to upgrade their abilities.
May 15, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
After three days of intense coding work, I've uploaded a new version, which includes a brand new tutorial. I'd like to know about your thoughts on the new tutorial. Are there still any people organazing the EU map nights? That could be a good chance to get everything tested.
- Added some screenshots.
- Increased the size of the text in the gameplay screenshots.
- Fixed board buttons making the board show and hide for all players.
- Fixed Player Influence not being correctly calculated on the final statistics panel.
- Changed attribute of Infestor's minions from light to psionic.
- Added new icon for the Omegalisk unit.
- Baneling Trap: Decreased damage by 50%.
- Core will make builders invulnerable while being healed.
- Duplicated the Core's healing power.
- Reset of player scores and match history.
May 12, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
I've just uploaded a new version of the game.
Now, I'm receiving some bad reviews from the people who played the game in the NA servers. That's something unexpected, since the reviews I got on the european servers are rather good ones. So my assuptions are either one of the following:
- Since the reviews are not constructive at all, and some of them don't even make any sense, I could think of some map makers who are sending bad reviews to all the other games taking part in this contest in an attempt to nullify the other candidates. Did you have any similar experience with the maps you submitted to the contest?
- The other possibility could be that the gameplay seems little confusing to the new players, causing them to end loosing badly. That would mean that I should focus on preparing a tutorial to teach new players how to play the game before the deadline.
What are your thoughts??
- Fixed artillery upgrade buttons being enabled when artillery abilities were already at their maximum level.
- Some slight balancements based on the analysis of statistical data:
· Roach II and Mutalisk I has been boosted.
· Baneling II, VoidRay II and Dark Templar I has been nerfed.
- AI will keep their randomly selected building decisions instead of changing them every 10 seconds.
- New board showing the final statistics of the players at the end of the game.
- Increased size of the Core's life bar.
- Added two gameplay screenshots.
May 11, 2014Posted in: Map Feedback
As I was anticipating you in my previous post, I've just introduced one new artillery ability for each one of the builders. More artillery abilities are to come in the following days.
I'd be very grateful if you could help me to test this game by playing it and letting me know about your feedback. Right now the only way I have to test it is to play it by myself against the AI, and that makes it quite difficult for me to balance everything, specially the newly added artillery abilities.
Here the complete changelog of the last two patches:
- Decreased damage of higher level artillery abilities.
- Increased base attack of the builders from 5 to 6.
- Decreased life of artillery missiles.
- Probe: Added new Chain Lighting ability.
- Fixed protoss builders sometimes not leveling up their abilities.
- Improved the way AI controlled builders uses artillery abilities.
- Custom Drone's weapon effects.
- Decreased power of artillery abilities.
- Drone: Added Baneling Trap ability.
- Defensive structures now makes use of a basic cooldown instead of charges.
- Decreased stun time of the Probe's Chain Lighting ability.
- Fixed AI calculating the energy cost of their artillery abilities as if they were always at level 1.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.