Right now I'm going through every unit in StarCraft II and adjusting scale, radius, and footprints of each unit to achieve a more realistic scale for our game.
The problem is, I want to have the data modified in the *.mod and there's no way to place units on terrain in a *.mod to get a nice preview of each unit's scale and radius.
Does anyone know an efficient way of either overwriting XML data from a *.map to a *.mod, or possibly getting terrain into a *.mod? Furthermore, is there a way to change a *.mod to a *.map and back again without screwing everything up?
Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated. :)
I had a feeling this would happen to people.
Same thing happened to me today but fortunately we keep our main work mod on dropbox. You should always back up your mods and maps. You can automatically do so in the editor preferences.
Blizzard should have thought about this, but most likely didn't because they've been in game design so long that backing up their projects is habitual in nature.
I feel your pain though arc. Hope you can rekindle the motivation to re-create your work.
The way I make myself feel better when I lose work is tell myself whatever I was doing was shitty and not meant to be. :D
The StarCraft Wiki description of Char is nearly identical to this planet. (Actually goes into more detail.)
What I found very funny is it states, "and with temperatures in excess of 800 centigrade (1470 °F)." That's very prophetic of Blizzard. ^_^
I'd marry her. Hands down. Then I'd breed an army of little game designers.
zenx1: Project is coming along nicely. We will have both free to play and pay to play elements.
Alaron: Thank you so much. :)
Almaity: Position is still available. And yes, creating AI through ability rotations by autocast, validators, issue orders, or whatever other method you can think of to achieve the end goal. ttyl
Our team is currently looking for one very talented and self-motivated data editor for StarCraft Universe: Chronicles of Fate.
If you are not familiar with our project, please refer to the videos below.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assistance in the creation of both class and enemy abilties
- Assistance in the creation of data weapons for player classes
- Other various tasks to help polish and refine existing elements
- Providing consultation for other team members in other areas of expertise
- Able to work under and take direction from veteran team members
- Advanced understanding of Behaviors, Effects, Abilities, Validators, Requirements, and Actors.
- At least 1 year of working with SCII data editor (This is amendable if you rock)
- Must have knowledge of working within *.mod files
- Small portfolio demonstrating previous works of SCII data (Youtube videos/*.SC2map demos/screen shots etc.)
- Able to work in a highly motivated team driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have Skype
- Have a mod released to the community
- Working knowledge of triggered GUI or working with raw *.galaxy
- Photoshop experience
- Web design experience
- Attractive female
All considered candidates must be prepared to have a semi-formal skype meeting with the SCU team to find out if there is a mutual fit.
Send any applications directly to my mapster inbox or RyanWinzen@yahoo.com. Feel free to respond here if you have any questions.