Garden, i have a request. The image of mass nydus worms really strikes the core image of zerg for me. Mass units, swarming swarming, and what better than the nydus worm to add the element of surprise and breaching to enhance it? i'll try to describe a lil scene, but feel free to modify it as you like:
- it would be awesome if u could do a lil thing with a big nydus worm reeling it's head high out of the ground in the foreground (but with its head/mouth still visible - it's not looking straight up into the sky)
- the position of the viewer/camera is about the same as the infestor picture - near ground level slightly angled above horizontal.
- there are many more nydus worms in the background, some already spewing units, some just unburrowing like the foreground worm. You will see a mass wave-hoard of zerg coming from the nydus worms in the background.
- the terrain is hilly (not flat), with the background at lower altitude. This will allow more depth, and fit more zerg units so it feels like an innumerable hoard.
- so the hoard will feel like it really is a wave (of zerg, instead of water) b/c that hoard will be advancing in a sort of line with zerglings and banelings at the forefront. the foreground is just on the highest point of the hill.
i hope i was clear enough to at least convey the image.