I posted this on EU battle.net forums as well, so you can look there for other comments: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2863206409#1
- Registered User
Member for 12 years, 4 months, and 6 days
Last active Fri, Jan, 20 2017 10:11:40
- 0 Followers
- 50 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Oct 18, 2011Posted in: Map Suggestions/Requests
I had this idea quite a long time ago, but i cannot quite work with the galaxy editor properly, its just too coplicated for me =P Making it should be really easy and quick for someone who has some experience with the editor. It doesnt need a special map for it, for the beggining you can just alter for example xel naga caverns for this mod. Now for the map itself:
- The basic concept is to make the starcreft races (terran, protoss, zerg) even more different from each other, to add some interesting map elements and punish players for being passive.
- Each race has different resources, but no map element is useless for any race.
- There are "control points"(or different name, because most of the races are not actualy controling them, they are just important locations) around the map at critical locations and every race has some use of them.
- terran resouce system is inspired by Dawn of war
- the primary resouce is gained over time by controling the control points (by builing bunkers or CCs around them)
- secondary resource is gained over time by generators, which can be build only on mineral fields
- supply is incresed by research on CC (if all of them die, it drops to 0 and you are revealed, but building more doesnt increase it. also there are no supply depots)
- CCs can be built only on control points
- tech labs/reactors can be built only on gaysers (mb tech reactors?)
- probably no need of OC
- primary resource is still minerals, supply still by overlords
- secondary resource is gained by fighting (blood, or mb rage, since a lot of units/buildings are machanical) - i dont know if you get it only by killing units are already by dealing dammage (also friendly fire is a question). This forces zerg to be agressive.
- tech buildings (the ones that unlock units) can be built only on gaysers, evo chambers and spine/spore crawlers can be built anywhere on creep
- hatcheries can be built only on control points (and crawlers might get some bonuses on them)
- protoss dont have any significant resource changes, BUT
- nexi and pylons can be built only on control points
- because of that, pylons have higher range of power
- pylons can be upgraded (the model is already in the game), which gives them more supply (to compensate for the fact they can be built only at a limited number of locations), more health and maybe more armor or some weak attack. Maybe detection as well?
- aditionaly, these pylons might have some researches on them, like even more supply for pylons, higher range, some of the thing listed in italics above, or possibly chrono boost for nexus
- Control point locations
- every base
- up and down ramp of main - protoss walls, or forge FE, zerg macro hatches, terran bunker defence
- critical locations in middle of the map (mb instead of xel naga towers. They can even be a special ones, which give vision as well, but othervise work just the same)
- another important locations (mb behind the brush) - CC/Hatchery/Nexus dont always have to fit on them
so that is it so far. You obviously dont have to do it exactly like this, it can just be an inspiration for you. I dont take any credits for the map, i would only like to see it finished =) Even if you are not gona create the map, feel free to post any suggestions or comments about it. Thanks in advance to all the contributors =)
Feb 27, 2011Posted in: General Chat
Quote from Vexal: Go
I don't think it should be like that. There's really no reason to show the individual lobbies, or even how many currently exist. As long as it shows that there is at least one.
And what if people want to host the game for a specific level of skill? (like pro/noob) This way people with all skill levels join the same game, so its rarely balanced.
Jan 13, 2011Posted in: Project Workplace
Btw, what is the trigger for getting into next level? I always thought its the number of points, but now i got to level 2 once with 2.500 and once with 10.000 points. Is it number of dead banelings? Or even something else?
Jan 12, 2011Posted in: Project Workplace
I have to say i like the new ver really much. Interface looks cool, levels are much more challenging, some bonuses are really fun (i like the atomizer or whatever is that) =)
Just 1 thing: nobody is playing it, which is guite sad =( And if i invite somebody, he just dies very fast and leaves that game. But theres nothing we can do about that, thats just the bnet publishing system...
Anyway, good job and keep up the good work!
Jan 7, 2011Posted in: Project Workplace
Now i see why it took you so long and i have to say you have done a really good job =). I think this is the coolest looking custom map i have seen so far in the Starcraft 2 and it looks very fun to play as well. Cant wait to to try it out.
Also congratulations for being featured, you definitely deserve it.
Nov 9, 2010Posted in: Project Workplace
I was playing this map today and something strange happened to me - when a guy from the other team left, i suddenly lost all my items o.O
Also, are you shure zerg buildings should spawn broodling when protoss buildings dont?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.