If your updating a leaderboard why is it updating 8 times a second?
I update my leaderboard every second but its only 1 trigger...
-what he said
-to turn those off i would suggest looking in the data type alerts under advanced.
-For the shop just make a new unit and duplicate it, make sure to duplicate the actor, then in your new actor find the model field and change it to the obelisk.
i might look at ur map later, for now its 5 am and im tired....
for the depot thing do the same as the obelisk and change the scale on the actor down
PS: don't do a TD everyone does TDs. I'm doing a TD, but at least its a Tower Wars..... I know make Sheep vs Rabbits that game was fun.... scratch that don't make sheep vs rabbits, i'm going to make sheep vs rabbits. right after im done with Line Tower Wars.....
I just figured out the BIGGEST problem with popularity sort!
One guy AFKing in your lobby as host for an hour will totally kill your popularity all the way down to 0! at least if you have a high number of players and its not ridiculously popular that there are more than 1 full lobbies waiting to play.
I know it ended but sign me up for the next 1 ill PM u my email... i don't want it lurking.....
Version v1.6 is here and we finally found what was killing shit.
Turns out EMP upgrades were doing damage and affecting towers, so when you upgraded your emp towers they would bomb the shit out of your maze! Besides that we nerfed Tech and fixed the reckless discriptions.
Version v1.5 is here and you can view the changelog here.
We think we fixed the wall checker problem but theres no way to tell besides testing it, obviously we tested it ourselves before releasing but we did that with previous versions aswell. Anyway we believe the problem was he moved so fast that he got stuck in wierd places so we reduced his speed and revamped the way he works. If he's still causing problems let us know.
Version v1.4 is out you can view the changelog here.
We fixed the thor problem and buffed a lot of the creeps, we also added some cool icons to the traits and the leaderboard.
EDIT: We worked real hard today but we managed to put out 2 new versions today, turns out a fix from 1.2 lead to the infestor problem in 1.3 and then 1.3 fixed that causing 1.4 to not have thor towers work. And in that time we were able to revamp the trait system.
Version v1.3 released patch notes can be found here.
was this version v1 or v1.2 we hoped starting a player with a splash target fixed this, but if not we are thinking of ways to improve this maybe changing the loading screen to builder discriptions or making a short intro....
1. Dully noted, well try to make text easier to read
2. Haha splash broken; broken as in kicks ass then yes! I think the problem is people don't realize that the builder requires targets to shoot at, to fix this next patch we will start the builder off with a target, hopefully people will notice that the towers attack it and not enemies. We think that will fix most peoples perception of the splash builder.
3. We'll try and make each Builder a little more newb friendly, maybe putting the builder descriptions on loading page as well will help with that?
4. We are aware of the pylon problem we also think the ghost is causing problems and the thor for splash builder.... We tried to make Power race not too complex as we made power distribution auto-cast. Maybe we should add a Standard Tower Builder without all the fancy micro stuff for your simple needs?
EDIT: Also Mech Builder will be coming up in a later patch, hopefully version 2, and i think he might be a more standard type of Tower Builder, he only requires some micro - choosing abilities and weapons for each tower that is made.
4.5. It actually picks up units like a pheonix gravity beam and holds them there.
5. Lag problems are our biggest concern right now we think most of the problems are based around splash builder and the storm tower.
6. Correct those aren't implemented yet. plan for those in version 2.0
7?. thx for the feedback and, ME TOO!
Please keep giving feedback we are working on a fix for the next version expect pylon/ghost problem to be fixed and hopefully lag to be cut down within the week.
Quote from BrotherLaz: Go
Of course... during beta, the mapmakers who put in the most effort are the ones who advertise heavily. After release, the number of mapmakers will explode and any individual mapmaker would be drowned out by the noise...
pfft.... i think i put just as much effort as the next guy into my map but i can't get the damn thing to show up on the list. I even tried cheating the system and hosting a ton of games myself... nothing. If this were WC3 i could just host my map and people would see it and join and the thing would spread like wildfire because its fricken line tower wars, but right now there's no way to get people to join.