Acctually... it might have been on WC3 that they're hidden...
- Registered User
Member for 9 years, 5 months, and 4 days
Last active Sat, Jan, 14 2012 20:52:45
- 0 Followers
- 529 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Dec 29, 2011Posted in: Data
Quote from DrSuperEvil: Go
Look just because the person who originally did it has vanished does not mean they will no longer continue. If the demand for them is so low then I will change then as soon as at least one entry is submitted.
Someone should remake the Sunken Colony and it's attack :P
Dec 29, 2011Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
Quote from xcorbo: Go
Nope. Wasn't that.
For a project I'm currently making I am using an ice tileset of my own, seeing that blizzard kinda shades its cliffs in a really WEIRD OBSCURE WAY that I don't know of, nor we have the tools to make it I am using niffelheim's cliffs. I figured out what was wrong with them and fixed them. Cause I'm that hardcore ;o
Anyway, it was all in the alpha masking for the cliffs, the mesh are mapped incorrectly so there's places that have texture where they should be clipped by an alpha mask, etc. Anyway by trial and error I managed to get an acceptable alpha mask for the cliffs. I've attached the working texture so you guys can use the original niffelheim's cliffs. It's not perfect but it will do.
That will change soon ;o
EDIT: excuse the low quality, I was in my laptop working on this, if someone can upload a better screenshot would be awesome, also updating the asset would be a great idea.
Your amazing, now we have a fully working snow tileset before hots is even released, but the problem remains that there are no doodads for it. Still, those cliffs are great and can be used for a lot more than just this tileset.
Dec 29, 2011_ForgeUser4317907 posted a message on How to change Vespene Geyser texture for Custom Tileset?Posted in: Data
Quote from ST4RKiLL3R: Go
The tileset in question: Nifl'heim (reconstructed with data files). A number of things about the tileset are wrong and I'd like to fix them.
First off, the cliff textures for Nifl'heim' organic cliffs does not display properly. It works, but the texture appears stretched and/or broken up along the top and bottom of the cliff. This I can live with as I could just use Xil's organic cliffs as they seem to fit fairly well but Nifl'heim' cliffs would be better because of the sole fact that they look frozen/icy. Xil's do not. Anyone know how to get it to work? Been trying to experiment with the terrain cliffs and whatnot in the data editor and can never get it to apply the texture properly. Perhaps its just the texture file that's bugged, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Secondly, I'd like to change the texture of Vespene Geysers on the map to the custom Nifl'heim texture in the data files. Unless it is already switched automatically and I've just not noticed I don't have a clue how to attach it beyond the texture swap triggers. But I do not understand what string it wants? The file name or what?
And third the tileset obviously has no doodads or foliage for it, and so it can be quite bland. Maybe someone could model some icebergs as a water object, some snowy grass foliage, snowy trees and other props that you would see in a snow environment for me? It would be much appreciated :D
ST4RKiLL3R used Raise Dead ...It was super effective!
I'm trying to change the texture of Braxis Alpha's geyser from that brownish color to a blue color (Similar to niflheim). Currently with the lighting changes I've done they don't fit the color scheme at all. I've made the tileset look a tad cooler and more blue.
Dec 29, 2011Posted in: Artist Tavern
Quote from Nardival: Go
I can't find this model, or it's associated textures anywhere in my extracted mpq libraries.
Am I being retarded? Have Blizzard employees put these assets somewhere retarded, or named them under some retarded naming convention?
If so, can someone people either a) send me the tree models (Agria Tree doodad and Agria underbrush) or b) tell me where to find these assets amongst the mpq?
IIRC they're hidden with some other trees... I'm not sure but I once tried to find them myself. Try searching, I may have posted and asked how to find it.
Dec 29, 2011Posted in: Requests
Quote from SnyderGuy: Go
Sadly, people here just "don't have enough time" to do favors, for the public, and people who cant afford 2000 dollars on 3Ds max, wish I had it, but cant afford it, sorry... You could use the infesed marine model for raynor thoough, just make him colored dark grey, and boo ya!
IRL, I don't know anyone that would and/or could pay for all this high profile software. If the companies that make these products are expecting normal/average people to buy these products, it's not going to happen when they have a 2000 dollar price tag. That's why everyone pirates 3Ds Max, Photoshop, Vegas, etc.
It's not that I wouldn't pay them, it's more of I don't have the money to pay them. Certainly not 2k I can just give away. Speaking entirely hypothetically, I mean.
Oct 22, 2011Posted in: General Chat
Quote from Enexy: Go
Lol, I never thought the SC storyline was any interesting. Which is why I didn't do any of the campaign at all. OK, I lied, I think I did two missions. I personally like the WC universe's storyline.
EDIT: And I don't fully 100% understand the Diablo storyline, but I still like it better than SC's.
SC1's storyline was incredibly well written, and the voice acting was top notch. SC2, though I agree with you. They mutilated the story & characters, so far.
Oct 22, 2011Posted in: General Chat
Quote from AlexO6: Go
That satellite thing is the satellite space station from the SC1 menu (which is also in a SC1 cinematic as a space station that gets destroyed by the Terran Wraiths). And the Dominion is defending the satellite with the old Predators air units from SC1 alpha.
The Ultralisk near the end of the video is actually getting hit by a Siege Tank, and if you stop it and look at the background, just before the Siege Tank shot hits the Ultra, the structures in the background look Asian/Russian - Looks like very old architecture for 2505, which wouldn't fit in StarCraft, especially not in the Koprulu Sector.
The Queen that is in the Protoss installation (FINALLY we have a Protoss installation tileset!) is actually destroying Critters. There's a Karak and two Lyotes in stasis. She kills the first Lyote. Why are the Protoss housing these animals in stasis pods? Why is the Zerg Queen killing them?
Another thing to note is that the structure that comes out of the Zerg drop pod is actually the Virophage/Spore Cannon from the WoL campaign, and Kerrigan is clearly PURPLE with PURPLE ZERG, unlike the early screenshots showing her forces to be ORANGE. Also note the cool crater doodads. Nice!
As for that Brutalisk, it's actually a Hero Queen, a Brood Mother, named Za'gara. And yes, it's on Char. It's the Char mission that was demoed back in May. You also see that the acid pools holding the Baneling and Zergling eggs actually have bubble animations! Pretty neat, huh?
(Note how the Brood Mother gets attacked at one point by RED Zerglings, yet Kerrigan's forces are ORANGE, and the Za'gara's Zerg are PURPLE. I suppose RED Zerg signifies they are either hero units or feral Zerg. I recall something about feral Zerg in the HotS preview back in May. This could be an interesting mission mechanic.)
EDIT: I think that the Spectre in the teaser was actually meant to be a placeholder for a Ghost, because the mission that seems to follow that (When drop pods land in an installation and Kerrigan kills the marines coming out, you can notice the surgery table and window from the cinematics) seems to have several normal Ghosts attacking Kerrigan, but no Spectres.
Kaldir is the new name for the ice tileset. Niflheim was the old name, from the WoL beta, before the tileset was completely removed from the game.
Finally, I like how Nova says "This is Nova, find Kerrigan", rather than "FIND KERRIGAN.", like in the original teaser, which makes her sound less "evil" and snide. Instead, Kerrigan sounds like a psychopathic killer now. It's how things should be, if you ask me. Makes me think Raynor is trying to convince Kerrigan not to kill anyone anymore, and she doesn't want to, she threatens Warfield, Nova, Matt, Mengsk, tries to kill Valerian, WHO BY THE WAY, HELPED SAVE HER, and tells Raynor that, "The girl you knew is DEAD". Aouch. It would seem that Raynor, Warfield, Nova, Matt and Valerian all took the high road, and are generally good characters even at the beginning of HotS, while Kerrigan seems to be bent on murder and revenge at that time. Talk about dark bleak!
Thanks for clearing some stuff up with me, and others. :D
Oct 21, 2011Posted in: General Chat
Quote from xSun: Go
Erm... Carriers and motherships are pure shit. Purely gameplaywise of course, as a broodwar veteran I will miss carriers a lot (well, not much changes, as I can't build them in WoL as well). Let the terrans deal with a completely useless unit targeted at casual gamers from now on. I dislike most of the new units, but protoss really doesn't have much to complain, and I say that as a protoss player. The tempest will probably be a very potent addition to the already hated protoss deathball.
The replicant seems like a pretty abusable unit, not sure if you would see it in competetive play at all, but out of all the units shown today this one is imo the most likely to not make it into the final game.
The warhound is so ugly btw. :/ Why not just introduce the Goliath MK2 with those anti-mech weapons instead of a machine gun?
And yes, baneling burrow movement is indeed quite ridiculous.
Some things to take into account:
All the casters in SC1 we're overpowered. This meant the game was more focused on map control than one big army. That was complimented by things like Lurkers, Nukes, Dark Swarm, Disruption Web, Plague, Ensnare, Parasite. It got so damn tactical cause of it. And I think that's what Blizzard is trying to do with SC2. To make the game interesting and tactical, they're going to try and make casters overpowered while still maintaining balance.
People bitch about Infestors being overpowered, and they don't realize it's actually a good thing they are like that. Blizzard said they are contemplating nerfing EMP cause people think there is a problem with it, but that goes against the philosophy of having overpowered casters.
IDK that's just what I think.
Oct 21, 2011
Here's my second by second analysis of the new HotS trailer. Enjoy, hope people get something out of it.
0:10 - 0:20 Recap of Wings of Liberty
- Kerrigan was deinfested to some extent
- Jimmy captures her
0:20 - 0:23
- Kerrigan - "The girl you remember... is dead."
0:23 - 0:26
- Deinfested Kerrigan is shown captive in Ghost armor
- Note her hair is still Zerg-like
- Jimmy is seen briefly
0:26 - 0:31
- Kerrigan - "I'm going to find Mengsk and make him pay."
- Mengsk is shown observing possibly Augustgrad, which looks to be in bad shape
0:31 - 0:33
- Battlecruisers are shown jumping into space above what looks to be a desert themed planet
0:33 - 0:35
- A clash ensues in space from the viewpoint of some sort of turret
- Battlecruiser's look to be fleeing in the distance
- A guy is thrown off balance when his transportation (a Battlecruiser?) is hit
0:35 - 0:38
- Teaser trailer footage for Heart of the Swarm is shown
- Nova - "This is Nova. Find Kerrigan."
- Specters & Marines chase down a hallway firing their weapons
0:38 - 0:39
- "...The story continues"
0:39 - 0:41
- In-game footage shows drop pods landing in a space platform Kerrigan is on
0:41 - 0:43
- Kerrigan is shown in flight on a Terran transport presumably in space killing a Spectre/Ghost
- The Spectre/Ghost may have been dropped off by a Medivac hovering above
- Green healing pad on the platform?
- Vikings are firing at Kerrigan from behind
0:43 - 0:44
- Ultralisks unburrow as Zerglings stream in to fight some sort of creep with a spiny back
- Kerrigan uses some type of electric attack on the creep near the end of this short clip
- Note the new tileset & models/doodads shown here
0:44 - 0:46
- Ice is shown cracking on the new snow tileset named Nifl'heim
- Snow weather effect is seen on the bottom left corner
- A Zerg drop pod is shown crashing into the ground
0:46 - 0:47
- A Protoss base is shown
- Buildings are encased in ice during the clip
0:47 - 0:49
- Kerrigan and some Roaches + Hydralisks attack a creep camp right beside a Protoss base
- Something glowing near the top left corner is seen, maybe a collectible item?
0:49 - 0:50
- Kerrigan is shown standing up close on Nifl'heim
0:50 - 0:51
- Abathur is shown
0:51 - 0:52
- Zergling growls
0:52 - 0:53
- Zerglings, Banelings, and Kerrigan attack a Brutalisk in a Zerg base
- Might take place on Char
0:53 - 0:55
- Eggs and Zerglings shown
- Might be on Char
0:55 - 0:57
- Broodmother and Hydralisks attacking something
- Broodmother casts something on it
0:57 - 0:58
- Banelings & Kerrigan lead an attack on an infested Terran base
0:58 - 1:01
- Roach up close
- Izsha up close
- Upgraded baneling up close
1:01 - 1:02
- Many banelings hatch out of huge eggs
1:02 - 1:04
- Zerglings & Banelings attack a Queen
1:04 - 1:06
- Zerg drop pods land, new building? is ejected?
- Roaches, Hydralisks and Mutalisks are visible
1:06 - 1:08
- Queen is seen moving through a Protoss installation breaking stasis tubes?
1:08 - 1:09
- Hyperion/Battlecruiser and Wraiths attack something that looks like a Satellite?
1:09 - 1:11
- Battlecruisers fighting other battlecruisers(maybe Hyperion) in space
1:11 - 1:12
- Unknown marine appears
1:12 - 1:13
- Matt Horner - "Stand down!"
- Scene probably takes place in Hyperion due to Horner's presence
1:13 - 1:14
- Unknown marine is lifted using telekinesis by Kerrigan
1:15 - 1:17
- Unknown marine is Raynor?
- Raynor - "Sarah..."
1:17 - 1:19
- Some type of ship is shown moving towards a seemingly desert planet
- General Warfield - "How many innocents have you killed? How many more have to die?!"
1:19 - 1:22
- Warfield is shown briefly in armor
- Zergling's face, growls
1:22 - 1:24
- Kerrigan loads Ghost rifle, and cocks it
1:24 - 1:27
- Kerrigan - "The killing will never stop. Until Mengsk is dead."
1:27 - 1:29
- Kerrigan tries to telekinetically choke Valerian to death
1:29 - 1:31
- Marine - "There's too many Zerg! We're not going to make it!"
- Zerg drop pods crash near some Marines in an epic CG sequence
- A city can be seen in the background - possible Augustgrad invasion?
1:31 - 1:34
- More marines are shown fighting off Zerg as they get mauled, still in glorious CG
1:34 - 1:35
- "New units and tactics"
1:35 - 1:39
- New Protoss unit: Tempest is shown
- Has area of effect AA attack
- Replaces carrier as the capital ship of the Protoss
1:39 - 1:42
- New Protoss unit: Replicator
- Can clone itself into any other non-massive unit
- Very expensive
- Not a final unit
1:42 - 1:46
- New Terran transformation: Battle Hellion
- A firebat-esque version of the hellion
- Stronger than hellion, but slower
- Attack is shorter and more of a cone than a line
1:46 - 1:49
- New Terran unit: Warhound
- Smaller version of the Thor
- Good anti-mech ground weapon
- Splash damage anti-air attack
1:49 - 1:52
- New Zerg unit: Swarm Host
- Must burrow to attack
- Spawns small units endlessly
- Zerg siege unit
1:52 - 1:56
- New Zerg unit: Viper
- Caster unit
- Replaces Overseer
- Has an ability that pulls an ally or enemy unit towards the Viper
- Has detection
1:56 - 1:58
- New Zerg Ability: Burrow Strike (for Ultralisks)
- The Ultralisk can now burrow and then quickly dive out of the ground a short distance in front of it
1:58 - 1:59
- New Protoss Unit: Oracle
- Caster/harassment unit, replaces Mothership
- Can prevent mining and disable structures with abilities
1:59 - 2:00
- Reverse destructible rocks now exist, you break them to block off paths rather then unlock them
2:00 - 2:01
- Battlecruisers fighting Mutalisks over a city in-game
2:01 - 2:04
- Drop pods? fall from the sky to a city in CG
2:04 - 2:05
- Teaser footage
2:05 - 2:07
- Kerrigan - "I AM the Swarm..."
2:07 - 2:08
- Zergling face again
2:08 - 2:10
- Kerrigan throws Marine bodyguards? across room
2:10 - 2:14
- Kerrigan - "Vegeance... shall be mine."
- Kerrigan eye color is green in this scene
2:14 - 2:15
- Swarm is shown attacking something
- You can hear the beginning of what sounds like Infested Kerrigan's death sound in BW in the background
2:15 - 2:27
- Logo for HotS
Sep 4, 2011Posted in: Data
Quote from BorgDragon: Go
@CrazyTwigman: Go Ability - Target
Effect - Create Persistent
Periodic Effect - Search Effect
Sep 3, 2011Posted in: Third Party Tools
Quote from GhostNova91: Go
I probably have no idea what you are trying to do but I'll try and help......
You cannot place doodads (trees) too close the the cliff?
Couldn't you double click the tree and set ignore placement properties and then place them on the edge of the cliff?
already doing this on the corners, doing it on the sides results in the tree actually appearing off the cliff... not what I want.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.