Well I'm finding no reference at all to those on the dope sheet... I don't know exactly what you mean by emitter (as i said im a noob with max, not sure what object it refers to). A short Max for noobs, will help me understand what exactly im looking for.
- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 6 months, and 12 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 11 2013 17:26:09
- 0 Followers
- 12 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Jan 31, 2012Posted in: Artist Tavern
Jan 31, 2012 Posted in: Artist Tavern
Jan 30, 2012Posted in: Artist Tavern
Hello, i have having an export error on a model and don't know the cause.
I have imported the Super Crane modle to add/edit animations (which has been done) but upon export i get the error "No "get" funtion for #colour 1start". As im brand new to max and handling sc2 models in general, i havnt the first clue how to fix this. Any imput would be great.
Sep 15, 2011Posted in: Artist Tavern
Hello I'm having a little difficulty locating all the different civilian models and textures. Civilian or Colonist Female when viewed in preview does not seem to have any model at all for me, and male is un textured.
I wish to find theses models to export and animate some new sequences to allow them to use weapons like the rifle, Gatling, and sniper with the proper animations. However i can't seem to find all the models or textures. Dose it have something to do with the fact both the civilian male and female have several models, 3-4, different ones each?
I might just be blind and missing something but I'm not so fluent with the data editor at the moment so someone who knows about it, please help let me know.
ALSO i understand the female model borrows her animations from the male model, is this correct? So if i animate only the male one the female by default will gain any new animations I make? It's hard for me to really tell since im still learning the Data editor. Please let me know.
Sep 1, 2011Posted in: Art Assets
Hello, i have a basic problem, which I'm hoping has a basic fix... i want to use attack animations from a marine (with rifle) on a civilian who will also have a rifle. My question is, is it possible to convert the exiting animation over to the civilian? (do they even share the same skeleton/rigging)
If thats not at all possible, can someone tell me exactly how i'd go about it from scratch, giving a civilian a weapon and making an animation. A link to any tutorials would be most helpful.
Aug 29, 2011Posted in: Team Recruitment
Last 2 Die RPG
Last 2 Die is a zombie (infested terrain) outbreak and survival map that primarily focused on supply gathering, crafting, and maintaining a base and its automated systems till you can either cure or escape the infestation outbreak. Currently designed for four players it will be similar to the Left 2 Die maps as there will be a day and night cycle where at night the world becomes much more dangerous . Unlike other RPG's this map is about survival and resource management, not Rambo kill them to the very last man final stand. A blunt comparison would be, a Resident evil game compared to left 4 Dead, this will definitely be a Resident Evil paced game.
Features at a Glance:
• Detailed RPG elements that don't lock a player into a specific role, but instead allows the player to create their own roles.
• Robust Crafting: Players must gather resources through exploring and combat and return to base to combine them into useful items such as armour, weapons, and fuel.
• Base Management: The automated fortified machine factory where they players have made their home cannot run on its own. Players are tasked with keeping it powered, supplied with fuel and ammunition, and repairs to weather the long nights when zombies attack in mass.
• Vehicles: Players can repair and build vehicles from a vulture bike to a siege tank, however theses tasks take a great deal of effort but the effort is well paid for in the end. Some vehicles like the siege tank gets bonuses from the players inside and can hold the entire team turning a durable tank into a death machine.
• Expansive Expertise tree: A expertise tree that offers many great benefits and opportunity for specialization. Some expertise choices are mutually exclusive however so choose wisely!
• Persistent characters: Characters carry over from one game to the next brining their unlocked recipes and expertise tree with them. However they will begin the game like normal lacking any of their powerful equipment and will have to wait to craft them once more to make use of them.
• Focus on survival and Horror: The game will make survival difficult, ammo will be in short supply as will decent weapons' and armour. Though a handful of zombies do not pose much threat, when there is no ammo left in your gun and your base defences are unrepaired you will find yourself in a very dire situation.
• Meaningful Gameplay VS Senseless Slaughter: Your just a civilian using whatever they can craft or gather from around the base, single handily facing off a hundred infested marines is not just suicide, its impossible. But don't worry, you won't have trouble take a few of them out... just don't get in over your head.
Seeking Team Partners:
The features listed above are just a few of the many things I wish to implement and even from just that list it's easy to see just how complex the project will be. I am just getting started with the SC2 map editor though i have a fairly good grasp on the data editor and have already experimented with a lot of things ranging from hero's, to abilities, to items, etc. What im looking for are interested and enthusiastic partners to help me make this project a reality.
Fellow data editors, trigger designers, and terrain sculptors are all highly welcomed. Primarily however i am seeking someone with a great knowledge of data editing to help me prototype most (if not all) the maps primary mechanics and features to ensure they are realistically viable and achievable goals. Everyone interested in this project is welcome to apply, but make sure to list what skills you currently have (or plan to learn) and what you hope to contribute to the project and team. With everyone's help this project might be a great successes.
NOTE: East coast GMT-5 time zone compatibility is required for ease of communication.
Jul 31, 2010Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
I dont know how to do it myself but you an actual limit the play area/boundry to each game area. Its done with regions and useing a camear trigger to contain it within a region,even the mini-map shrinks to only that space. So make a region for each game, and use triggers to constrain the camera to them depending on which is active. Everything else would not even be visible/accessible unless you change the camera constraints. I think its a diffrent option to have the mini maps view shrink to match the constrained areas size though.
Jul 30, 2010Posted in: Project Workplace
It would be even easyer then that, (SPOILER) Nova in the campaign has a mind control ability, she controls another unit and it costs her energy per second. It has a glowing blue effect but it would be very easier to simply copy her ability, remove the effect and energy cost and you get a perm mind control ability. I don't know the editor to well but i think even i could do that without a problem.
As for twilight arcon, its exstremy easy to add abilities, exspesialy if its an already existing one. Just add a new button to the units command bar and link the ability. Should beable to tint the models aura as well though the units actor>model art options.
So yes both are very possible.
Jul 30, 2010Posted in: Project Workplace
Thats a pretty impressive demo you have, i like the inventory and item system as well. It looks like a great single player mod, i plan for mine to be mutiplayer. Your demo gives me a few ideas for my own map, maybe if you don't mind i can talk to you about how you set up your item system. I have seen a lot of tutorials and the built in system but i don't really like how it looks, need to figure out an alternative like you did.
Jul 30, 2010Posted in: Project Workplace
Hello, as the title says above i'm currently planning this project. It is a Resident Evil styled rpg but it is purely based in the SCII universe. I simply loved the outbreak level in the campaign and want to make it a more personal encounter. I'm not very skilled with the editor yet but a lot of tutorials are getting me on my feet. Below are some of the features i plan to implement.
- Multiple unique characters with their own class. (May or may not be their cannon persona's)
- Important non combat related skills (hacking, first aid, engineering, etc)
- True ammo usage system. Each shot or burst fire counts appropriate amount of ammo. No ammo, no attacking.
- Level improves abilities and skills, might not effect character stats. (become more proficient at thing but doesn't become godly powerful)
- Unique opportunities and paths dependent on class, same for actions. Infiltrator can hack a locked door to access a weapon stash while a medic can harvest fallen zerg/infected for bio chemicals (heal resource).
- Inventory system to carry ammo, first aid, auto turrets, and limited equipment. (armour and weapon mods: damage resistance, range/accuracy increase)
- Safe zones where characters can hide and recover from the endless battles.
- No death system, if a character gets defeated, another player can be called to help them back on their feet. If no one arrives in a set amount of time the hero pass's out and wakes in a nearby safe zone but not without losing ammo/supplies that their unknown savior helped themselves to.
- multiple win conditions (ways off the planet... but all take quite a lot of effort to achieve)
- Randomized key item locations each play through, chance for some objectives to have been destroyed by the infected (narrowing win conditions and on a rare chance, leavening all but one option).
Setting: The setting would be a military facility on one of the overrun planets that the zerg virus has run rampant on. Multiple starting points depending on the character chosen and each with their own motivations and goals. The outbreak begins light at first but as time passes it grows steadily stronger and more deadly, working alone won't be an option for long. Most of the RPG will take place in a facility but there will be opportunities to venture out onto the planet's surface.
Help Wanted: This is a really ambitious project and I doubt i can handle it alone. If anyone finds the concept/features interesting and would like to lend me help feel free to PM me.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.