New update guys! Update can be found here.
I've been pretty busy actually but thanks for your concern! A fair bit of house keeping in this update. I've added support for custom maps in 3ds Max, so you can practically have any kind of bitmap. This means you can use .OGV's as textures however keep in mind that Max itself does not support the format, so it won't be rendered. However the filepath will be exported within the M3 so you can later import the file into your map for the M3 to reference. Just be aware that not all maps are supported by the Starcraft 2 engine. I haven't tried AVI or anything but I discovered they've pulled the plug on .png support, which is strange.
I've added some extra bitmap options too, for UV tiling and a bitmap brightness multiplier. I patched up some bugs that people have been telling me about and I've provided support for exporting hidden or frozen scene objects if you want.
I've also updated the MDX Importer so that it no longer crashes on certain models and I've improved how the animations look in 3ds Max so that they no longer interpolate incorrectly. I've also coded some incredibly simple conversion into the importer so that it converts attachments to M3 better and corrects some of the sequence names to fit the M3 format more properly.
For the importer, I've managed to finally conquer gimbal lock and the animations will no longer suffer from it in 3ds max. However I had to change the rotation controller to achieve the affect and this may upset people, I'll see how feedback goes on that.
I've hit a bit of a roadblock on the M2 importer, but I hope to get passed it soon. Models partially import correctly, but most animations are garbled. The processing times are also huge! 20 seconds for the murloc. Not sure how I'm going to bring that down with maxscript being so slow.
Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the update!