- Registered User
Member for 10 years, 10 months, and 2 days
Last active Sun, Jun, 12 2011 06:19:53
- 0 Followers
- 104 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
May 13, 2010Posted in: Project Workplace
THE DOWNLOAD IS HERE(I decided to release it since ive stopped working on it atleast for a little while)
Hey guys I wanted to share with you guys my first REAL project I toyed with the editor for long enough and even tried a different project to no avail
BUT YEAH So I am going with a ninja stealthy type map where you have to sneak around and assissinate people.
Right now its an early beta and theres not too much to show.
But I do have a video :DD
But there is already WASD and QE movement controls along with a mouse click targetting system for easy combat Theres several abilities:
- Strike - Basic attack can be spammed removes sneak from the player
- Sneak - Toggle Cloaks the player slows the movement
- Sprint - Toggle increases movement speed removes sneak from the player
- Assissinate - Require Sneak instantly kills an enemy in range
- Distraction - throws a rock at the targeted point distraction all those within range making them look at it (Beware fidgets allow for realistic short attention spands and scary results when trying to sneak by
- FlashBang - Throws a flashbomb it explodes into a bright light blinding everyone its radius for 5 seconds.
- HeadCrack - Hits the enemy while in stealth makes the unit paralyzed for 15 seconds.
The marines have built in behaviors that help them fend for themselves against an invisible target
- They have a cone of vision infront of them that allows them to detect stealth they will expose anything they see for a set amount of time dissallowing the player to sneak again.
- They also have an ability to alert all nearby marines to attack their target it has a 2 second cast time and calls nearby enemies to attack for the entire duration of the alert. *Update* Can be interrupted! and will not cast if all the nearby marines are actively fighting the intruder.
- The marines also have awareness they can see recently killed bodies and become aware and gain a 360 degree stealth detection this makes killing an enemy with others around very difficult and demands strategy to the player.
The game still needs alot of work, UI will be added shortly once I think of something!
Edit New Lighting
New video :DD With many new features
(The video has been processing for 9 hours now hopefully it will be good soon) New Features:
- Marines only cast alert when there are idle allies around them.
- Marines will now move back to their original location if farther than a distance of 1!
- Marines now get a glow when casting Alert.
- New Alarm Bot; puts an alert on any intruders inside of its red bubble.
- New Lighting I toned down the emmissive it was too strong.
- New Ability SmokeScreen; Clouds an area make you un-hittable and un-alertable along with un-exposable :D
- New Combat Targeting System allows for easy targeting, Shift click makes the player face the nearest target within 5 range. If in attacking range of a unit the corsair turns green indicating you will hit them.
- Some Terrain Changes especially in the green obelisk area.
Soon to come:
May 7, 2010Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
Im trying to get a actor to show when the unit has a certain behavior Ive been trying everything I can make it show when the effect that applies the behavior comes on but I cant destroy it when the behaviors duration is up >.<
Edit: Figured it out just had to change the At to Scope Unit :DDD and now its beautiful :3
May 6, 2010Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
Been working on it for like more than a week now myself the best result I got was from (BUT STILL NOT WORKING)
"Send actor message to unit" Set the message to TurretZ and Attachsetrotation (I cant find a way to set the rotation value myself) but then set it to the unit u r using
And in my game (I created a custom turret and everything) The turret sets its angle to 270 and detaches from the tank (gory I know :P) and it will just sit there x.x
Then if I try and set the message to AttachSetBearings to what I want the turret once again disconnects and dissapears into oblivion O:
May 5, 2010_ForgeUser4213019 posted a message on >.< My Missile likes to dig... through metal... and everything...Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
I recently got launching a missile to launch through an effect instant spell but now x.x I have an issue of my rockets firing through the ground
I tried setting the height of the missile but all that does is make the missile dive bomb into the ground.
I do have have ignore terrain so cliff collisions look nice
there just has to be a way to have a missile have a constant height...
It seems to be the problem that it doesnt have a weapon that its firing from and doesnt have a target with a z... but I just want it to have a constant height >.<
Any help appreciated :D
- FIXED* Used clearance and fixed the map terrain had I drop offs that caused problems cuz the missile would attempt to fly downward.
May 5, 2010_ForgeUser4213019 posted a message on How do you make tank/hellion turrets face a direction?Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
The turret function? Please explain :D
May 4, 2010Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
Cant get the missile to fire from a unit without a target using an effect instant spell
I just want it to fly in the direction the unit is faced and yeah
but I just cant x.x What do I set the impact location value to?
May 4, 2010_ForgeUser4213019 posted a message on How do you make tank/hellion turrets face a direction?Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
Bump Somebody has to know a way >.<
May 4, 2010Posted in: Miscellaneous Development
Might be a little vague but I am using the system for missiles from here http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/map-development/397-making-a-rocket-launcher-missile-that-collides-with/#p16
and I am trying to get a way to launch a missile without setting a target by using an effect instant spell and I cant get the missile to have a target no matter what offsets I put. So I was wondering if it is even possible without having a target to launch a missile.
I just want the missile to fire in the direction of the caster and run till it hits something >:O any help? Thanks in advance
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.