Is it possible with SCII editor to basically create your own RTS game using your own models, animations and textures?
Because for my uni course me and my mates are wanting to create an RTS similar to the settlers time period.
Here is what we would like to aim for.
- Large open areas detailed with cliffs, mountains and the usualy environmental stuff. >:3
- Large maps. Very large maps... either that or maps which load into each other via roads.
- Trees which can be cut down for wood
- Rocks, Mines and Quarrys that can be mined for Stone, ores and other things.
- Water that can be used to fish and gather water for the villagers.
- An ecosystem which has animals etc which can be hunted for food, fur, skin and stuff.
- Weather and season changes and day and night cycles.
- A large collection of different materials to collect. Wood, Stone, Iron, Meat, Fruit, Fish etc etc etc
- Villagers which age and reproduced every-so-often to keep the village thriving and even expanding.
- A variety of activities the villagers can perform to gather resources, construct buildings and create products.
- Walls, Homes, Stores, Towers, Carts, Upgrades from Wood Houses to stone.
Would this be possible. I know it is a big idea and would be very difficult but would this be possible within SCII editor. I have no experience yet with it but I am going to learn!