1. In a 3D program (Max, Blender), Scale down the UV's, about 2-3 pixels so that they're not lined up right against the border. 2. Scale down your texture in Photoshop (or whatever image manipulation app) by copying the image and scaling it down to match your UVs. By copying (as a layer) and scaling down the image, the original image (under your copied layer) would act as a buffer zone so the texture won't bleed.
- Curse Premium
Member for 8 years, 5 months, and 10 days
Last active Tue, Mar, 28 2017 21:34:13
- 1 Follower
- 437 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Dec 27, 2013Posted in: Artist Tavern
Looks like it could possibly be texture bleeding. The UV's are too close to the border, the only way to fix would be to scale down the UV's (Texture co-ordinates) by a few pixels, and possibly do the same with the texture if you mean to match up the tiles precisely.
Oct 17, 2013Triceron posted a message on Heroes of the Storm (formerly Blizzard All Stars) annoucedPosted in: General Chat
This doesn't have anything to do with Aeon of Storms, does it?
Sep 27, 2013Posted in: Artist Tavern
The casters are pretty much complete. The main things holding them back are their minions, the Water Elemental and Skeletons, which I don't have proper death animations for yet. Still taking a bit of RnD to get the particles working right.
On the other hand, I've gotten around to getting animations made for the siege weapons. These two are the first units I've made 100% custom animations for! The catapult also has flaming rocks, and both siege weapon deaths are based on the siege tank, so expect to see a nice big explosion.
As an added bonus, here's a WIP sneak peek at my latest model.
Sep 17, 2013Triceron posted a message on Custom Model Texture not Showing When I publish to Arcade Online!!!Posted in: Galaxy Editor Bugs and Feedback
Are you using Startools or the M3exporter?
If you are using Startools, it may be because you did not have 'Commit to mopaq textures' checkmarked, which sources your textures from the game instead of files on your harddrive. It should be at the bottom of the Export floater.
Sep 11, 2013Posted in: Artist Tavern
Units not worked on
- No Naval units. It's too tricky to get naval units to work in SC2 without a lot of workarounds.
- Workers are possible, but not on the plate. I'm focusing on units you would see in a MOBA or RPG.
- Demo Squad and Sappers have been in consideration. Had ideas to swap in Mortar Team model as the demo squad stand in. Not started by any means
- Ogres are already in Blizzard Allstars. Will wait and see if Blizzard provides classic Warcraft versions, if not I'd probably modify them to be.
- Knights, I'm purposely avoiding. Mounted units have scale issues, and the War3 knight has a huge head, would be weird in SC2.
Units in production/available
- Ballista and Catapult models have been created. They require texture polish and new animations.
- Archer needs to be resized for re-release. Currently it's 10X bigger than other units apparantly.
- Mage and Death Knight almost completed. Death Knight is larger than most units, 'Hero' scaled. They're hero units, glowing weps etc.
- Water Elemental based on the WoW model, still needs a death animation
- Skeleton, Skeleton Warrior, Skeleton Archer are all semi-completed. Working on physics-based death anims for some fun explodey deaths.
- Skeletal Grunt made. Might not be available with the other skeletons above.
- Rifleman currently available. I made this model to give Dwarves more representation, and to fill in the current void of the Knight.
- Gnoll model has been created, requires texture polish and a weapon. Thought I'd add a creep to go alongside forest trolls and ogres for possible RPGs.
- Orc Warlock model made, based on Warcraft 3's Warlock/Gul'dan model. Might revisit it and revamp it.
- Bunch of other boss models that I haven't touched on, keeping those for myself for future potential use.
Planned for the future
- Possibly Zeppelins and Gyrocopters.
- Possibly some random NPC units, like fire elementals, slimes, etc.
- Gryphons and Dragons a distant maybe. Could be more work than worth, will see how things go
- Variations of Heroes from Warcraft 1/2/3. Planning to base a lot of ideas on Blizzard Allstars models. Lothar conversion of Arthas; Doomhammer conversion of Thrall, Troll Shadowhunter conversion of D3 Witchdoctor, etc.
Overall, my plan has been to make units that honor the look of classic Warcraft and still fit in a Starcraft 2 environment. I want these units to fit in seamlessly with the other Warcraft units that Blizzard Allstars provides. Stitches the Abomination alongside an army of skeletons; Uther leading a force of footmen etc. I refrain from focusing on Warcraft 3 because it would involve way too many units to work on.
Sep 10, 2013Posted in: Artist Tavern
I probably won't unfortunately. As much as I love Druids (my main in WoW), as soon as I start making one I'll be going down a slippery slope trying to make them all. For now, I'm sticking to Warcraft 2 era of models, so anything that fits within that time space is what I will be focused on. Sorceress, Priests and Shamans would definitely be wishlist material, after everything else is said and done.
No time frame. It's something I've been working off and on for a long time now. I have a lot of nostalgia for Warcraft 2, and I'm reimagining those units in Starcraft 2. I'm partially inspired by Blizzard Allstars bringing back Warcraft 3 heroes. I would do Warcraft 3, but the amount of units in that would be way too much to recreate, and Warcraft 2 hasn't seen a proper 3D remake so that's basically why I'm doing this. I wouldn't be remaking buildings at all either, so don't expect a full-blown Total Conversion. Think of this as potential for Warcraft styled custom maps.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.