What is Apocalypse Arena?
Apocalypse Arena is an epic, heavily-customizable battle arena where you can go head to head against up to thirteen other players.
There are multiple gamemodes and arenas to battle on, allowing for a variety of objectives. Selectable and unlockable weapons and abilities keep the game interesting.
My plan is to release content updates every Thursday.
Currently, Apocalypse Arena is in open alpha and can be found on the arcade.
The game utilizes WASD key movement and mouse targeting for basic gameplay.
Players can bring up to 3 weapons to the battlefield and also find heavy weapons to pick up and use.
Additionally, players are allowed to select 3 abilities and an ultimate Apocalypse Ability to use in combat.
Players will get a chance to vote on the gamemode and arena in the ingame lobby as well as several other options such as revealed map or teams.
- WASD: Movement
- Mouse: Aiming and firing
- Shift: Sprint
- Space: Jumping. You can jump down cliffs!
- 1-4: Switch weapons
- CVBG: Abilities
- F: Flashlight
- Numpad 1-6: Taunts
- Heavy customization, from class specializations, weapons, and abilities down to helmets and armor color.
- Appearance based on customization!
- Several gamemodes, including Deathmatch, Extermination, and Power Core so far. (Check them out ingame to see for yourself!)
- One arena so far, more to come. The goal is for at least 8, maybe 10 arenas.
- More arenas! (Atlas Station, nearly four times as large as Wulfhaven, is nearing completion)
- More gamemodes (Juggernaut, Point Control, Infestation, Infiltration, Holdout, and more!)
- More weapons and abilities!
- More customization options!
- More exclamation marks!
- Powerups and pickups, including shields, health packs, and buffs.
- Block function activated by right clicking.
- Fall damage.
- Unlockables system.
- Key binding.
- Sprinting overhaul.
- Improvements to the team system.
- Nothing to see here... yet!
Warning: The game is pretty much a sandbox arena right now. Many features are missing and the game may seem obective-less at this point, but I have plans for that.
I'll be updating this post as progress continues!