There's a severe difficulty spike from the too easy missions of 3-0 to 3-whatever and the excavation (dig too deep or something).
In sins of our fathers, Tempest shield heals an additional 200 shield as well as increasing current+max shield by 200, the tooltip does not mention this.
Breaking down each mission in a bit of detail (memory is fairly shaky):
- Protoss holdout/micro: Losses never really mean anything, defense ends before missing units ever come into play.
- Moloch infiltration: Too slow pacing. Mere stealth crawling is unentertaining and just serves to extend the game time
- Boss memory dive: outside of Jepok playing in red, there isn't much you can do to lose this if you just spam your healing.
- Terran jailbreak: main point of concern is that you can to the end of the nexus's exit hallway and still have to wait for enemies to spawn before leaving. I thought the point was to exit quickly, not to make sure that we get a good KDR?
- The grey: healing outdoes most ranged units (melee is simple to kite), 5 second stun is incredibly powerful, all units are bio so even if you somehow get on the back foot you can just Dark Archon Maelstrom to win.
- Terran infiltration: having +50 more range than marines and a slow makes post-bots trivial.