1. Make a map you want to make, more importantly, make THE map you want to make.
2. Only partner if you know the person.
3. Only partner if you know how to partner.
4. If you have to wait for someone else to do something, it's their project, and you will lose interest if they consistently run behind.
5. Don't procrastinate, but don't over do it. That grunt work wont do itself, make a commitment to complete segments each day you are able to.
6. WHEN you have to redo something, remember you learned something very important.
Those are my biggest lessons learned right there.