as ex-WoWfanboy, I would suggest you don't. Most people I know just play the game because of the social part, and would quit if there friends do.
- Registered User
Member for 7 years, 10 months, and 20 days
Last active Sat, Jul, 9 2011 04:48:12
- 0 Followers
- 23 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Apr 9, 2011Khalan3 posted a message on Dragon, Fearless, Opera Mask and Lion SC2 Rewards?Posted in: General Chat
maybe it has something to do with chinese censorship?
I think maybe some decals/portraits are not allowed in CN by the government and got replaced with others?
Oct 20, 2010Posted in: General Chat
the murloc decals are probally from Blizzcon
the worgen and goblin decals (+goblin marine and worgen marine portraits) are most likely from Cataclysm CE :)
Edit: Can probally confirm this now:
In the data editor, underthe rewards tabthere is:
Reward from the following FoS
And since goblins and worgen are the new races in Cata it's not hard to gueess which CE they come from
Also rewards the following portraits:
Reward/EditorDescription/Portrait_CE_WorgenMarine (unfortunately these arent in the files yet)
Tide hunters and Murloc are from Blizzcon:
Aug 20, 2010Posted in: General Chat
It has to be a Blizzmade map; or you could just put no resources in their bases and then it would be to easy
If you want to get this achievement go to multiplayer; choose custom games, choose a Blizzard map and then add 7 AIs
Aug 17, 2010Khalan3 posted a message on Need some help with custom assets / tileset in my modPosted in: Miscellaneous Development
I created a custom tileset and I have 2 problems:
1) I have imported textures and models in my mod but when I create a new map (and add my mod as dependency) the data from my mod is in the map but the imported files are missing.
2) Not a big problem but I can't create maps using the new tileset, getting a complete black map when I do so. I have to choose a different tileset and then switch to the custom tileset.
Aug 17, 2010Khalan3 posted a message on [Models] Easy way to change a texture without 3DS MAXPosted in: Tutorials
Ok in this guide I wil show how to change the texture of a model WITHOUT 3DS MAX or something similair. I will show you how I changed the ingame color of lava from red to blue.
- Starcraft 2
- Custom textures or something to make them yourself
- Notpad + +, or something similair, or any hex editor (as long as you can see the english text)
2. Export the model, and in case you want to create custom textures yourself export the texture files aswell.
A - Use this button to export
B - Make sure right file is selected
C - Textures used by the model
3. Create you custom texture. Not going into detail in this guide think there should be enough guides on the internet on how to make a recolor (photoshop hue/saturation/lightness is quite easy to use). Just make sure the file is saved as .TGA!
4. Rename the edited textures.
It could be that the new filename has to have the same length as the old filename, don't know for certain.
So I renamed for example:
lavabase -> bavabase.TGA
lavatoprock -> bavatoprock.TGA
lavatoprockemissive -> bavatoprockemissive.TGA
5. Open notepad + + and open your model. It probally looks like chinese for you but there si still some english inside, namely the filenames of the textures. So open the replace tools (hotkey ctrl H) and search for the original filename and replace it with the new filename - see pic B. Make sure everything is renamed and save the new model.
6. Import the new textures and model into SC2 editor, make sure the path of the textures is Assets/Textures
- Starcraft 2
May 11, 2010Posted in: Terrain
can't find the textures - they should be in the Import Manager right?
Another thing that might be a problem is that the normal map is equal to the texure map. Incase you don't know what to do there, just put an empty white texture in the normal map; that worked fine for me
May 11, 2010Posted in: Project Workplace
Having read some theories saying that all three world made by Blizzard (Starcrat, Warcraft and Diablo) are in the same universe, whether it is true or not, it got the idea of making a mod combining all three worlds in one.
Imagine the Zerg infest a planet that has a portal connected to Outlands, or a Draenei spaceship crashes on a Protoss world.
Imagine Rainor landing on Sanctuary...
Imagine an alliance between Kerrigan, the Burning Legion and Diablo with his minions.
Haven't thought much about the Diablo part so far.
For the Warcraft part I plan to create new races based on the Horde & Ally races and some evil factions (Burning Legion, Old Gods)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.