The Starcraft: Mass Recall 7.0 release is getting close, and we're looking for a few brave souls to try out the new brutal difficulty setting for a short period of time. We want to get this started ASAP so you can expect to have access to the files sometime this week. Be advised: this difficulty is meant to be unforgiving and won't be for everyone. You should expect to have a hard time. We would hope you have previous experience in Starcraft 2 at the very least, preferably also in Mass Recall or Brood War. Having completed or even played some of MR on hard difficulty is certainly a plus.
We're looking to have you test one of the first three campaigns. We won't expect you to grind through every map from start to finish, so don't fret. Naturally, we would appreciate some level of feedback afterwards to answer these questions:
- Are there maps that don't give you a chance? (you get crushed early on, you've tried a couple of times and don't see any significant mistakes in your play)
- Are there maps where you run out of steam? (you can make it to 15-20 minutes but can't seem to make any progress with the resources available to you in the early/mid-game)
- Are there wild difficulty swings within maps? (for example, no room for error in the first 10-15 minutes, afterwards the AI doesn't pose any threat)
- Are there difficulty swings within the campaign? (some maps being noticeably easier/harder than others)
- Are there any other issues affecting gameplay?
Again, we're evaluating the brutal difficulty here specifically. If you're interested, send me a PM and state your preferred race/campaign, if any. I'll get back to you with more details sometime this week. That is to say I might not respond right away but if we're already full, I'll try to notify you ASAP.