I know during WoL and HotS time there was plenty of active people and for some reason since LotV the activity lowered a lot. But there were still people last year, now the place is so dead. All of a sudden. If people moved on with their lives, well I am also here to use it for some time after long inactivity. But no one new and I am not sure there are other places who were as active as here years ago. So, if you find enough people for Discord, good.
- Registered User
Member for 2 years, 8 months, and 27 days
Last active Sun, Aug, 26 2018 12:30:31
- 0 Followers
- 74 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Aug 1, 2017ImpctR posted a message on [GUI System] LotV League MMR Promotion / Demotion, Day/Night Cycle From Local TimePosted in: Triggers
Day/Night Cycle From Local Time
This system is for campaign maps and used in my missions.
It is probably the only way to use your own system time for the lighting in-game.Day/Night isn’t something new, you can have different times based on Elapsed Time events with Blend from one lighting to another. Years ago I felt like making the lighting based on my local time. So, if it is evening, I liked if entering the map, also to be evening. I didn’t know how to do that, since triggers cannot use your Windows system time.
What use does it have?
It is mostly for offline play, unless you find use to implement it online per player for various environment reasons.
Besides using it as a way to play different time of the day based on your time, so it feels more immersive, this is also a proper application of resources I submitted last year. Switching the Skybox model in-game distorted the texture mapping and it did not look well, so I had to use a Doodad of the Skybox to TextureSelectById the Skybox to the day and night version. Now, the day, sunset, night Skyboxes also change along with the light based on your local time of the day. There are 3 Skyboxes for the city, though, the lights are more.
I use them for Korhal, and I know one would say it would not be necessarily behaving like Earth around the Sun. Still, I think the concept of Korhal is that of a planet in the habitable zone with environment similar to that of the Earth.
- Lights to use based on your local time
- Different times of changing the light based on a season
- Opportunity to have a constant light in one place, while the Day/Night changes outside (some lights cover the whole map, only in 3 lights more than one region is used - at Sunset, Dusk and Night you will see the other region)
Update (August 2018), Final
- Added blending between the current and the next light for around 10 minutes (14 game time mins) before the next light starts. The definition can be run often with Periodic Event or other that launches it often, if one wants the light really to change over time than only on game start based on the system day time.
- Added dusk to switch from night to that one before sunrise.
- The sky changes during the time of blending as well.
Update with Patch 4.4.0
- The use of external utility to 'inject' a bank file with system time is no longer needed thanks to the natives added with Patch 4.4.0 and the workarounds have been removed!
- The use of Bank for this system no longer needed
- Although the natives allow you to set light based on Morning/Afternoon/Evening, the system retained its more complex state based on season and more than 3 lights of the day
- Season is no longer manually added due to being 'rarely changed', now it is read every time by the N calendar days since January 1st
- All hours and minutes are not read from a bank but directly from the system/server time at each load
How to use
- Copy the EnvironmentOfPlanet action definition and variable set to some skybox doodad and apply to your map's actions, link the correct lights if not using the same that are included.
Jul 15, 2017ImpctR posted a message on [GUI System] LotV League MMR Promotion / Demotion, Day/Night Cycle From Local TimePosted in: Triggers
SC2Mapster is quite empty unlike last year and before but I will post two systems I made recently and that I would like to share.
LotV League MMR Promotion / Demotion System
In 2011 or 2012 I created a system for promotion and demotion with league icon that was based on Win rate and adding some random points for gaining next league. Years ago, I already updated the system to use MMR value but it was far from the way it is made in the LotV ladder. Around training some control I decided to update the system based on the Ladder Revamp that Blizzard made last year.
What is the system?
A GUI-based system made with triggers to track stats for any game you wish to use the system on. Can be used online and offline via Handle Of Player.
What use does it have?
The same as the use you have for using SC2Bank files to track wins and losses. If you also like having stats and deciding things the ladder way, then you might find use in it. It could be good for melee based mods and maps.
Improvements & Features
- The triggers have been improved a lot in comparison to the needless repeating of actions that was in the first releases
- League and MMR system with placement UI the same way as LotV Ranked Ladder
- Promotion / Demotion based on Korean League MMR Ranges from http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Battle.net_Leagues
- Just like there is no mid-season demotion, there is no mid-game demotion, it will update in the beginning another time when the map is launched
- Promotion happens when the MMR is reached based on the mentioned ranges
- The actual battle net system has more complexity such as uncertainty factor and others but to make the best of it offline, with a variable in the formula, one can determine if much more or less MMR can be rewarded or lost.
- Requires only few changes to implement into a map – you only need to set the Int. Victory to the winning player and run CareerStatsChange definition. It can be adjusted for team to win, I have done that in the past but in that case Victory can be replaced by a group.
- Includes a mini-game that mostly you may not be interested in training but for the purpose to test the system, it is In the map.
Jul 12, 2017Posted in: Triggers
Since it is not possible to convert text to string, i'm trying to Player Name by taking it from data table. So if I have
General - Pick each integer from 1 to 8, and do (Actions)
Data Table - Save (Name of player (Picked integer)) as PlayerName in the Local data table
Variable - Set Player[(Picked integer)] (this is string var) = ("PlayerName" from the Local data table)
and later if I want to use the Player[(Picked integer)] as a string for anything later, it returns "" meaning empty string! *yes I could replace the PlayerName with var so it takes different name of every player if the rest worked tho)
How do I use data tables then?
Jul 8, 2017ImpctR posted a message on (Done) Set Portrait Dialog Item, fix camera view cutoffPosted in: Triggers
I'm updating an old system for promotion I made back in WoL with a screen like this, just need to use the model show up on the front, whether part of the dialog or not.
This was closest from what I saw, still have same error message.
Using a Link only if there is a unit shows it, but it rotates. From this here I saw I can use it as a portrait to not rotate but if you have an image dialog item you cannot make the portrait stay on top of other dialog items? The portrait is behind the image dialog item.
Or how do I zoom in or scale the model since the model is too zoomed out, Star2CameraMid24 or 25 is not zoomed enough if I used the model as a unit, the only way to be on top of all dialogues.
Dialog - Set (Last created dialog item) Camera to "Star2CameraMid24" for (Player group(1))
^ This doesn't help but a simple scale of the item does:
Dialog - Set (Last created dialog item) size to (1437, 1437) for (All players)
My question is, how can I fix the camera that always points at the upper part of the model, no matter the dialog item or portrait size, if the portrait is full screen or not ?
This is the savior of the case, when your model appears way off the camera and you cannot set camera, position the model itself with actor message on the XYZ plane!
Actor - Send message (SetPosition 0.14 0.37 0.16) to actor (Actor for (Last created dialog item))
Dialog - Create a Portrait for dialog (Last created dialog)
Dialog - Move (Last created dialog item) to (0, 0) relative to Center of dialog for (Player group((Picked integer)))
Portrait - Set (Get Portrait Id from (Last created dialog item)) model to UI_Screen_League_Promotion_Celebration00 (Unnamed) (Don't Wait until loaded) and play animation Birth using No Options
Portrait - Set (Get Portrait Id from (Last created dialog item)) Render Type to PortraitRenderTypeLDR
Portrait - Turn (Get Portrait Id from (Last created dialog item)) background Off
Portrait - Turn (Get Portrait Id from (Last created dialog item)) border Off
Portrait - Turn (Get Portrait Id from (Last created dialog item)) fullscreen On
Portrait - Wait for (Get Portrait Id from (Last created dialog item)) to finish loading
Actor - Send message (SetPosition 0.14 0.37 0.16) to actor (Actor for (Last created dialog item))
UI - Hide game UI for (Player group((Picked integer)))
Below is the before and after
Jun 30, 2017Posted in: Data
Last year I created a resource to apply a different skybox (day and night versions). At first I tried to use that XML to M3 tool just to edit the M3's texture name, so I could use without remapping the sky model. When I tried the model, the texture was not showing it well.
It worked well only if I import a custom korhalcityskybox_diffuse.dds that would overwrite the existing one but not if the custom M3 models where I only changed the texture name inside the file. Importing in Art tools and re-exporting would mess up even more.
Good news, I thought I saw the model messed up the texture as a Doodad as well in the past but maybe not anymore. I decided to try again and use the Korhal City Skybox model attached to a Doodad and texture select by id worked, ofc adding the declarations and adaptations, and it seems to show well now. But as you can see the Skybox is way foggy, is there a way to make it like in the above pic clear sky without removing the Fog from the ground terrain itself? Is it an actor feature? Because setting actual skybox shows it without fog.
Edit: maybe it is just Fog Fallout that makes it so foggy. Changing the fog fallout would affect the fog in the main area that would be too clear but I don't find another way, seems it's not the actor or the model.
Jun 28, 2017Posted in: General Chat
I dont have time even for own projects, nor time to see others' but from a first glance, it looks darn well made. I like the grey setting, very unique style. idk if the activity of people has dropped, there must be some who would like to play this , try here or TL.net
Apr 5, 2017Posted in: General Chat
I reinstalled the whole game and blizz app, I got ~6GB back, now sc2 in latest version is 22GB not 28GB. I tried to write to blizzard but im not sure if they ackn-ed this problem.
This still happened the first time I ran the editor after the reinstall but it may continue adding that after every new patch.
Mar 30, 2017Posted in: General Chat
I've done that with logs it's only 30-40MBs, the install folder is not on my C drive. Even without making maps the recent months just after starting the editor once in a while after there's a new patch I get
Updating: 40 MB / 400MB
even if the patch was not major it adds them to data.0(plus 2 digits) file, each time there is update
Mar 29, 2017Posted in: General Chat
When opening the editor after some patch comes, I get new 400 MB in the install folder, certainly the new content is not so big every time. It maybe gets in StarCraft II\SC2Data\data, since it's the only folder 28 GB. In the past there was 'Versions' and you could delete some older ones with the agreement you would not open content from that version. Can I stop the editor from adding these? I use sc2 also on ssd, I dont want to waste several 400 MB's because of opening the editor.
Jun 22, 2016Posted in: Artist Tavern
Sorry but can anyone do an animation transfer to this model I attached on the top post and completely remove the current rig as it is messed up? I need Civilian animation on it, or any that would fit. Or fixing this one, just pls dont mess up coordinates of texture mapping and materials or the mesh. Anything animation/bones can be removed.
Jun 21, 2016Posted in: Artist Tavern
^ This is amazing trigonometric field there!
That's what I've been having in mind for unloading, this would be so useful to unload units, especially for spy maps, much better than drop from the air, nothing happens. Is it made to stretch to the ground based on length? like if you have the chopper at 10 height or 3 height, can the rope still stretch close to ground?
Lovely, some special hero heal. Unique too.
Nice beer, love the bubbles coming on top in this hot weather.
I have rockets ammo item and I realized there is no rocket launcher weapon, you made it!
This way Dune 2 units can be made (although I prefer their preview image for models more than the actual few color units)
Quote from Delphinium1987: Go
Here are some test for one of my old technology (animation transformation).
As someone who finds it too complex and always with errors to animate in Max, I would sure love to see Animation Transfer so that one can use an existing animation to any imported model in Max. Ive tried a custom model with Ghost animation positioning the bones inside the mesh without breaking the links and yet the Animation is horribly wrong. Not to say I wanted to use Civilian animation to an imported custom model but the Civilian uses M3A and Im not sure how to even bring a READY civilian animation to 3ds.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.