In reply to EDHRIANO:
- Registered User
Member for 4 years, 8 months, and 7 days
Last active Tue, Sep, 18 2018 10:58:58
- 4 Followers
- 606 Total Posts
- 11 Thanks
Aug 11, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
Mission 23 Released:
You can find it here, but it is currently under review so might not be visible until an hour or two: https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-ii-annihilation-campaign/file
Hope you enjoy!
Estimated playtime including cutscenes: 1 hour
Jul 26, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
Someone reported a game-breaking bug for mission 15 that occurred after the release of the new version. My apologies.
A new version of Mission Pack 04 (Containing A13-A16) is currently in the process of uploading.
Jul 26, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
Hey, I just played your first mission. Overall, I really liked it. Here's my feedback to you!
I like the intro cinematic. It was very simple, yet surprisingly effective. The slow camera pans combined with the atmosphere of the map and the music really drew me in, and I didn't need a long introduction.
I'm a sucker for custom units, and you didn’t just make the custom units, you went all the way, making custom portraits, ability icons, wireframes and everything. Very nice job! I like Volchron as a hero. I'd argue that his Whirlwind ability is a bit too strong. It absolutely destroys every unit that gets thrown at you, and makes quick work of the boss too. Volchron also has energy, but he's entirely cooldown-based. There's really no reason for the energy to be there. I found this quite odd.
One last thing about Volchron, he actually has the lowest subgroup of all the units you have. I think when selecting a group of units, the heroes should ALWAYS appear first.
Some problems I do wanna point out about the custom units, is there tooltips. For example, the tooltip for the Paladin states that it can use blink, but I don’t have the blink ability available. Also, the Hunter tooltip states that it can Charge, but it can’t. It seems you just forgot to edit the tooltips of those units. Also, the Cyber Core’s tooltip says it contains the Warp Gate upgrade, so overall, just make sure the units have the appropriate descriptions.
I found the terraining to be very unique. I quite liked it. I do think, considering that this is a micro mission, the open areas were unnecessarily large. The size of the areas you explore could be reduced just slightly. I'm not asking you to rework the entire terrain just to change this, but I'll just point it out as a reminder for future missions. Also, some of the areas after the midgame cinematic was quite barren compared to what I saw in the first section. I would put a little more tension to detail there. Especially since the lack of it makes the areas seem way bigger than they actually are.
The boss was really fun. I would say maybe making the targeting reticles for the boss more apparent. Black blends in with the terrain a little too well that they’re often hard to see.
The Disruptor blasts that appear towards the end also needs to have some sort of indicator, or a warning. Something, at least. Since you’re in melee range to deal with the boss, the blasts kill you almost instantly. Theres no way to know when they will come. Unless I didn't get the boss's patterns.
And lastly, some minor things. Some of these are a bit nitpicky just because I'm basing them off of what I like and what I usually see, but oh well:
- When I open the map, the little bug window appears at the top of the screen. This can be removed under the Map > Map Info tab.
- Would love to see a difficulty selection to this. I found the difficulty was good, but just to accomodate to other players' skill levels.
- This is a minor thing, but I like to hide resources and the supply frame for missions or sections of missions where its not needed, as it’s basically just wasted UI-space. Since you do make use of the resources, just hiding the supply Frame is good enough, I think. Oh, and the resource trading and alliances menu I would remove too. Especially the alliance menu since that can actually give the player spoilers as to which factions etc you’ll be encountering.
- Since we already know when someone is speaking, you don’t need the quotation (“”) marks on every dialogue line.
- The cinematics start very abruptly. I recommend doing a fade out over 1-2 seconds so it looks smoother. Similar to how it looks when the cinematics end.
Good luck on this project! It looks very interesting so far!
Jul 18, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
Another short update has been released, this time for past missions, mainly Mission 02, 15 & 16.
Due to extensive feedback, I've decided to change up Mission 15 a bit. The main thing is to change the way the Portal Amplifiers is taken. There is now a beacon in the area that you have to step on. This should prevent players from randomly activating them unintentionally, and having R.S.S.I forces attack you before you're ready. Also made it more easy to let players know that structures can hold Portal Amplifiers, which can lead more players to use defenses instead of combat units.
The final change is a tip in the beginning of the mission that specifically states that in order to complete the objective, the Portal Amplifiers must be controlled while the Protoss Defenders has already been cleared out.
I feel like all of these changes help players have more control over the mission and may result in more people beating it on the harder difficulties.
For mission 02 and 16, there was a couple game-breaking bugs that prevented players from progressing through the maps. These bugs have now been fixed. For mission 16, I have also reworked some of the dialogue lines towards the end of the mission, which better coincides with what happens later in the story. This should help create a better overall experience for player replaying the campaign, but especially newer players trying the campaign for the first time.
Full patch notes:
- A02, A16: Fixed an issue causing certain bridges to be impassable.
- A15: Added a tip in the beginning of the mission that helps players figure out how to approach the completion of the objectives.
- A15: Added a beacon that is required to be stepped on in order to active the Portal Amplifiers. This should help prevent players from randomly activating them unintentionally.
- A16: Reworked a couple dialogue lines in the cinematic that occurs after the Pride of Cyrex’s defeat.
Jul 17, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
Mission 22 has been changed to release status:
I have uploaded a new version that fixes a lot of the main issues that's been found.
- Fixed an issue causing the allied forces in Part II of the mission to occassionally bug out upon reaching the middle.
- Added two new dialogue lines to the intro cinematic and final cinematic that better relates to previous and upcoming missions.
- Fixed an issue causing Crowley's Experimental Fighter crash doodad to be visible prior to him actually crashing.
- The Daggerfang Zerg no longer send Swarm Hosts during Part II of the mission.
- During Part II of the mission, if the player successfully prevents the enemy from rebuilding a Nexus, and they continue to have 0 Nexii for 2,5 minutes, the player is automatically victorious.
Jul 16, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
There is currently a huge bug with Ultra-Capacitors where Blizz somehow changed it so the upgrade gives 50% additional attack speed per upgrade instead of 5%. This bug has unfortunately not only hit Blizzard maps, but also custom ones, as well.
Until Blizz fixes this, I highly recommend people to NOT play any mission of Annihilation where you face off against Terran. If you don't wanna get smoked, that is. :P
Jul 13, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
In reply to VastanX:Thank you so much!That's honestly one of the best things about starting a new map; gathering ideas and trying to conceptualize how I can make the terrain for this map both cool and unique. Once an idea is in my head, my brain just goes crazy :D
Jul 12, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
Mission 23 Teaser:
Progress on Mission 23 is going well, and the terrain is about halfway done, so I figure I'd show off a little teaser, without revealing too much.
This might be the first time in a while where I can release a mission without a 3-4 month gap between them. Stay tuned for any new updates!
Jun 27, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
Thanks to PowercoreX64, I have released an emergency update to the mission that fixes a bug that causes you heroes to become Invulnerable during the second portion of the map.
It's funny how I always have to release a mission with apparent bugs like these, and never notice them myself. I suppose that's why I was always doing so well in the second portion of the map, and never losing my heroes XD
Jun 26, 2018Posted in: Map Feedback
Mission 22 Released!
So, it finally happened. Mission 22 has officially been released and is ready for your enjoyment.
You can download the mission here.
Estimated playtime including cutscenes: 1,5 hours
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.