DARKNESS RISES 4 FEEDBACK:
- Overall, this mission was fun, but there was quite a few glaring issues. And these are things like noticeable bugs that were not fixed, upper levels of the terrain that are very hard to defend due to limited space, and the fact that the difficulty spike is very steep. The first wave is very easy, but then the next few ones are incredibly hard if you didn’t find the Soul Reapers and knew they were coming. Then for a while, it becomes easy as you have plenty of very good protoss units to help you, until at the very end when the last few attacks suddenly again become insanely hard. So, just a bit of an issue with balancing. I’d recommend trying to rework the attacks somewhat, so that there is a more exponential difficulty curve, and it slowly gets harder and harder over time. That would create a much better mission flow.
- Layout of the base was quite interesting. The cracks of terrain on the lower floor adds a cool effect. However, I do wanna say that maybe the size of the cracks should be decreased a bit. In the late-game, you have very little space to work with due to this.
- I really like the look of the destroyed base. And the little details with one of the windows of the upper area having fallen down was a neat touch.
- In the intro cinematic, the text crawl that appears before we fade in to the last part with your base dissapears rather fast. Perhaps increase that by a couple of seconds.
- You can build stuff on the bottom of the doodad ramps. This makes them raise a bit which looks very strange. Take a look at the image I posted.
- Consider adding a sound effect for when the Protoss reinforcements arrive.
- In the final cinematic, you slowly zoom towards the edge of the map. The background of korhal adds a nice sense of scale, but the zoom at the end ruins the illusion since you see where the cliffs end and the lava just stops. At this point, it becomes very clear that there is nothing beyond that point. Try to avoid showing the player the edges of the map like this. I showed the exact shot below. Consider showing a different area of the map or pan the camera upwards so you don’t see the cliffs and ruin the immersion.
- Also, in the final cinematic, the drop ships that fly in fly through the giant tree in the background. I suggest either moving their spawn and move destination slightly to the side so they don’t move through the tree, or simply add a no fly zone around the tree so they go around it.
- Once again I can't skip cinematics.
- Nathanial White’s portrait was all messed up in the cinematics. You could only see a bright background but not him. I’ve posted a picture below for reference.
- There’s a bug with Medics and Firebats being built. Medic cost 150/100. This is because when trained, you get 2. The build ability is configured to make an additional Medic. As for the Firebats, they cost 200/50, and when trained, you get 2 of those as well.
- When rescuing the Soul Reapers. the Tech lab on the barracks doesn’t change its color to blue and instead is red. Also, building a tech lab on the other barracks in that base also becomes red.
- After rescuing the Soul Reapers’ the LZ ping remains.
- Selendis warps in a group of the unused Aiur variant of the Void rays that do not have an attack, rendering them useless.
- Loading screen tip: You misspelled “Opportunity” and “their”.
- Horner says “We have never met such an enemy… not the Protoss” “Not” should be capitalised.
- In the intro, Marcellus says “sir” 3 times, and all times they are capitalised, even tho they shouldn’t be. In the last line, you also need to change the dialogue slightly so instead of saying “You just sight tight Sir and we will get you out of here in no time.” you change it to “You just sit tight, sir. We will get you out of here in no time.”
- The loading screen did the same thing with the black borders as the previous mission. Mention again since I don’t know if it’s intended or not.
- When looking at Nathanial’s dialogue in the Message log, his portrait appears as Artanis.
- The two holes in the ground in the low area of the base where there’s lava in the low ground, but there’s some water tiles missing so there’s this big gap with no lava at all. Posted a picture below
- An area of the terrain has textures that aren’t blended in very well. I took a picture below to showcase it.
- When Selendis arrives, Valerian’s dialogue thanking them for coming triggers first.
- Selendis sets up a base but never actually seem to build anything other than the Nexus and the other initial structures. The Probes don’t go to mine either.
Here you go. Hope it's helpful. I'll take a look at the 2 new missions you released a bit later.